Srixon Z 355 Irons Preview

Tested these tonight and have to say that I really liked what I saw. A bit more offset, a bit different ball flight, but I hit them really well and liked what I saw. Very impressive at a price point that will make them intriguing to people looking at Srixon irons.
Bit different ball flight...like crazy high?

Tested these tonight and have to say that I really liked what I saw. A bit more offset, a bit different ball flight, but I hit them really well and liked what I saw. Very impressive at a price point that will make them intriguing to people looking at Srixon irons.
Pretty solid right?

Bit different ball flight...like crazy high?

Not at all. I found the 545 to launch near the middle point for me and these got me a bit higher for me. Comparing 7 irons back to back, I had 10 feet more peak height on average after 6 shots with each. Not a ton, but something I liked.

Pretty solid right?

Something about the leading edge that just feels right to me in deeper grass, and its hard to put into words. I came away rather impressed.

Not at all. I found the 545 to launch near the middle point for me and these got me a bit higher for me. Comparing 7 irons back to back, I had 10 feet more peak height on average after 6 shots with each. Not a ton, but something I liked.

I'm hoping the shop by me has these in stock when I go there this weekend, since they have the rest of the Srixon stuff. The slightly higher launch is intriguing to me - I'll be interested in seeing what the long irons are like, as I've ocassionally found myself wanting the 5i to go a bit higher in the 545s.

I'm hoping the shop by me has these in stock when I go there this weekend, since they have the rest of the Srixon stuff. The slightly higher launch is intriguing to me - I'll be interested in seeing what the long irons are like, as I've ocassionally found myself wanting the 5i to go a bit higher in the 545s.

I cant help with that, as I did not test a 5 iron, but I know ddec has the full set.

Awesome...as someone that needs some hight on iron shots thats great to hear

I'm free the 26th....

I think you will see a higher 5 iron. Maybe not a ton, but its set up to fly higher than your combo.

Any comparisons to the Big Bertha's?

Any comparisons to the Big Bertha's?

Very different to me. One being a hollow body larger headed iron and these being closer to between the Apex and XR in style. Apex in size, offset and perimeter weighting design closer to the XR.

I really want to take a good look at these. Nothing wrong with my current gamers. But I find myself thinking about these an awful lot lately.

Very different to me. One being a hollow body larger headed iron and these being closer to between the Apex and XR in style. Apex in size, offset and perimeter weighting design closer to the XR.

Interesting. Sounds like a pretty good mix.

I really want to take a good look at these. Nothing wrong with my current gamers. But I find myself thinking about these an awful lot lately.
I'm in about the same boat. I'm happy with my current gamers and they've served me well. But I still ponder these.

bb36f90fd76aabaa0c0c3be622356005.jpg

Here's a comparison between the 355 and 545. There is not a lot of difference in size. Took a few swings with the 5, 7, and AW. They definitely launch higher than the 545, but some of that could be the shafts. Really great profile, and the sound/feel was great.

I'm really hoping these will be out at the Up and Down event. I can see me loving these. I can see me gaming these.

To me this is huge. They have several offerings in various price points for different golfers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am assuming the 355 is the club on the left? It looks like they have a wider sole than the 545? Does that help any more than the sole on the 545?

I am assuming the 355 is the club on the left? It looks like they have a wider sole than the 545? Does that help any more than the sole on the 545?

Yes, I should have been more clear there. Yeah - it's a bit wider sole, and the ball definitely gets up in the air quicker than the 545s, but part of that could be the difference between the Nippon and KBS tour shafts I was hitting. I think in the stock setup, people will like what they see if they are looking for a club that gets the ball up in the air. If we're talking turf interaction - it was really, really, dry ground I was hitting off of, so I'm hesitant to say anything there.

Thought so

If I hadn't bought my 545 irons this year I think these would have been a serious contender for my bag

Thought so

If I hadn't bought my 545 irons this year I think these would have been a serious contender for my bag

Likewise. As WCBM said, I really like that Srixon basically has an iron for everyone. If you get a chance to try out the 355s, I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts. They look a bit bigger close up and in hand like that, but when you put them at address, they are a really nice profile. They don't look much larger at all. If I'm in the shop again I will take a picture for that comparison.

Will do, might not be easily done but I will try to get to the club where I got my 545 irons from and see if he has these and if I can give them a hit

So I am really digging these irons. Not sure what it is, but find myself coming into the zone very square (according to FlightScope) and I am attributing that to the perimeter weighting, but cannot confirm. My ball flight with them is fairly straight and very predictable. I hit these higher than my current set, but not by much and its something that I am enjoying.

So I am really digging these irons. Not sure what it is, but find myself coming into the zone very square (according to FlightScope) and I am attributing that to the perimeter weighting, but cannot confirm. My ball flight with them is fairly straight and very predictable. I hit these higher than my current set, but not by much and its something that I am enjoying.

I might have missed it, but do these have the same v-sole as the z54/z745 line?

slightly modified. Moved the V a little closer to the leading edge.

bb36f90fd76aabaa0c0c3be622356005.jpg

Here's a comparison between the 355 and 545. There is not a lot of difference in size. Took a few swings with the 5, 7, and AW. They definitely launch higher than the 545, but some of that could be the shafts. Really great profile, and the sound/feel was great.

Quoting the post with the picture comparing the clubs for you Mike

Back