Srixon Z 785 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The shaft options here really stick out to me. Just phenomenal choices. I really got close to putting a Srixon driver in the bag last year - I should probably make sure it happens soon.

Very solid review Dan. As you stated, the OEM claims will be tested and reported on over time. Looks and sounds like a solid big stick option.

Great review!!!! Would be fun to try, I like the looks of the head.

The low spin numbers really stood out on this......definately going to give it a look this weekend, I think a buddy of mine just picked one up last week and said it was solid. Great Review!

Very well written Dan. The item on dispersion is very noteworthy. Curious to read a little more feedback from other THPers

Solid write up. The shaft options that srixon offers is ridiculous!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nicely done Dan. I can’t wait to test drive theses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review, Dan. And I'm more curious about the Z785 than ever. I need to go try one now. :D

Fantastic review Dan. As a potential mid-spin head with those shaft options it really could be intriguing. I'd love to give this one a few swings as that head looks fantastic in the photos.

Great work on the review Dan! This is a really intriguing release for Srixon and I’m hoping I can figure out how to try one out some time, sounds like they really found an extra gear for this release cycle.

Definitely a driver that has got my interest piqued, but I did notice one thing when I looked to see what was available here in the UK

According to the Srixon UK website, the shaft options available are

Miyazaki Mahana
True Temper Project X Hzrdus Red - stock shaft for the Z785 driver
Mitsubishi Kuro Kage HBP 60
Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 60
Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

The Hzrdus Black is not an option according to their information - it is as a hybrid shaft, but not as a driver / fairway shaft

Thanks for the review, Dan. I've been anxiously anticipating the review on this one. Sounds like the Z785 can be dialed in quite nicely with a fitting and could really offer some great benefits to me. I'll definitely be checking this one out, I loved what I heard from people using the Srixon driver last year. Oh....and throwing in Handcrafted PX shafts at no extra charge is AWESOME! Great work as always!!

Great review Dan, looking forward to giving this a swing given claims in ball speed. Hopefully local Golftown will have multiple shaft options as I believe shaft choice will yield the best results. Love the various shaft options as all are high quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great write up! I have a Z565 with HZRDS black and it is my 2nd favorite driver in my extensive arsenal. I look forward to testing it, especially with all the great shaft options.

Have some fun coming here soon, @Canadan is sending the 785 my way and thanks to @JB I've got two identical Aldila NV's that will be going in the 785 and the 585, built the same length, SW, grip, etc. Should be a fun article to do with some interesting data!

Should have the 785 head in hand by the end of the week! Then, it begins!

I'm gonna go try one on my way home today. Looking forward to it.

Can't wait to put a few swings on this club. Unfortunately hurricane says I have to wait a few days.

Can't wait to put a few swings on this club. Unfortunately hurricane says I have to wait a few days.

Haha, wait, what? Not going out in a hurricane? Wimp.

(I totally kid, which I trust you got, but the internet is SO serious nowadays...)

At least this one impacted us more than florence. Augusta is far enough inland where we just get wind and rain but people still freak out. Most things are closed. Wish I could go out and play since I got the day off.

Can’t wait to hear how this compares to the 585 in an apples to apples comparison. I really like the looks and the tech is very interesting and a nice jump forward for Srixon.

Can’t wait to hear how this compares to the 585 in an apples to apples comparison. I really like the looks and the tech is very interesting and a nice jump forward for Srixon.

SOON! I'm pretty excited about it too. Good thing that @Canadan character is a pretty good guy, sometimes, he's sneaky though, and wiry.

SOON! I'm pretty excited about it too. Good thing that @Canadan character is a pretty good guy, sometimes, he's sneaky though, and wiry.

I wonder how much more draw bias the 585 is compared to the 785 and how much difference in launch there is.

Back