Srixon Z-Forged Irons

Wow these are classy looking. Don’t think I could game the whole set but maybe in a combo with more forgiving 4-6. So far the 785 was in the lead this year anyway. Serious ponder

Beautiful clubs maybe someday i will be good enough for something like that!

I could see these being perfectly paired with the 785s and maybe even a U85 at the top. Wow. Srixon did so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I did it, that’s pretty much exactly what it would look like. I’m still gonna wait until I see some more pics and info come out on them before I decide. They’re beauts for sure though!

If I did it, that’s pretty much exactly what it would look like. I’m still gonna wait until I see some more pics and info come out on them before I decide. They’re beauts for sure though!

So after the Srixon event, can I just borrow your entire golf bag? Like just for a few months? Promise I’ll return it by December.

Absolutely stunning profile.

VT Sole makes these playable to a larger audience with the support into the turf. I'd probably bend them 1 strong and throw some $ Taper's into them.

Incredible looking irons. Srixon really delivers an aesthetic product that’s backed up by performance.

Not at my skill level but those are stunning. Lofts are 2* weaker than my 565's throughout the set.

I played the Z965's for the majority of the season last year. Some of the best feeling clubs I have ever hit. Actually a lot more playable than one would expect for a muscleback. As mentioned earlier, I think a lot of that was in the sole design. Now that there are real pictures of these irons out, I think they look stunning. I was very uninspired by the first few pics I have seen. Srixon could rival Mizuno in irons in my book.

Yeah these are clean. Been looking around for some Mizuno replacements....

Not only sexy but the free upgrade shaft lineup is awesome!

Someone much better than me will really enjoy hitting those farther and straighter than I hit my jacked loft distance shovels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These look great! I’ve been playing my 945s for 3 years now and they’re surprisingly easy to hit for their profile. If these are the same way there’s a good chance they make their way into my bag this year.

Clean and classy

Srixon has made some of the best looking designs in the past few releases but these are just flat out gorgeous. Strongly lofted as well for comparative blades.
Hitting these and finding the sweet spot would make a range session feel like you needed a cigarette for the ride home. Hope I can find a set to hit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So perty!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I got to hit 7 and 9 irons of these today during testing. They are very pleasing to look at and feel like butter when well struck. Two of them were apparently gamed at some point by Hedeki. The had the skinny iomic grips with the teal paint fill. My game unfortunatly is just not worthy.

I got to hit 7 and 9 irons of these today during testing. They are very pleasing to look at and feel like butter when well struck. Two of them were apparently gamed at some point by Hedeki. The had the skinny iomic grips with the teal paint fill. My game unfortunatly is just not worthy.

iomic x-grip, I've never been able to track down the black/teal

PGA Superstore had the 7-iron head to demo and so I put it to the test. A few notes: it’s more playable than a typical blade as I found similar ball flight/distances as my z765s. Biggest difference was the off-center hits, not so much in the ball’s result but just feedback through the hands/shaft. The top line is thin and looks fantastic but not as thin as most other comparable blades.

This is only confirming my desire to have these. Probably in a mixed set with the 785s but after swinging the 7-iron, I’m liking the idea of a full set (but my game says I won’t lol)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PGA Superstore had the 7-iron head to demo and so I put it to the test. A few notes: it’s more playable than a typical blade as I found similar ball flight/distances as my z765s. Biggest difference was the off-center hits, not so much in the ball’s result but just feedback through the hands/shaft. The top line is thin and looks fantastic but not as thin as most other comparable blades.

This is only confirming my desire to have these. Probably in a mixed set with the 785s but after swinging the 7-iron, I’m liking the idea of a full set (but my game says I won’t lol)

I love hearing this! I mean, I seriously can’t tell you how happy this makes me. I had heard they were a pretty forgiving blade, but hearing your comparisons and feedback on them is very much appreciated. A mixed set sounds beautiful to me;-)

I love hearing this! I mean, I seriously can’t tell you how happy this makes me. I had heard they were a pretty forgiving blade, but hearing your comparisons and feedback on them is very much appreciated. A mixed set sounds beautiful to me;-)

Yea for sure man! Slightly less offset, thinner top line than the 765s but it is definitely more harsh when you don’t strike it well. But that’s to be expected from a more demanding iron style.

I loved it though man. I’m definitely getting some. Just gotta figure out what the combo will look like

Yea for sure man! Slightly less offset, thinner top line than the 765s but it is definitely more harsh when you don’t strike it well. But that’s to be expected from a more demanding iron style.

I loved it though man. I’m definitely getting some. Just gotta figure out what the combo will look like

How about heal to toe length? Compared to the 785 anyway.

I’m kind of in the same spot also when it comes to trying to figure out what the combo is gonna look like. Not sure if I want to go to the 7i or more than likely stop at the 8i and what I want to do with the lofts. I’m almost leaning 1* strong in the Z Forged because of a little bigger gap than I like between my 965/765 combo. Then there’s the U85 4i that I may go 1* weak on to match up to the 785 distances also. I may be overthinking all this though...but it’s fun to tinker even if it’s in my head:)

How about heal to toe length? Compared to the 785 anyway.

I’m kind of in the same spot also when it comes to trying to figure out what the combo is gonna look like. Not sure if I want to go to the 7i or more than likely stop at the 8i and what I want to do with the lofts. I’m almost leaning 1* strong in the Z Forged because of a little bigger gap than I like between my 965/765 combo. Then there’s the U85 4i that I may go 1* weak on to match up to the 785 distances also. I may be overthinking all this though...but it’s fun to tinker even if it’s in my head:)

Great question. Without seeing them side-by-side, I would say they’re the same length heel to toe but I didn’t actually measure. I feel like I would’ve noticed if they felt smaller but again this was just an eye test.

Might be worth it to do a truespec or club champion fitting at this point!

Great question. Without seeing them side-by-side, I would say they’re the same length heel to toe but I didn’t actually measure. I feel like I would’ve noticed if they felt smaller but again this was just an eye test.

Might be worth it to do a truespec or club champion fitting at this point!

From the pics I’ve seen they looked close to me, so I was just wondering how you felt about that aspect of them. If the eyeballs so they’re the same, that’s good enough for my pea brain. Haha! I should feel plenty comfortable standing over them. Yes!

Back