Srixon Z-Forged Irons

Just going to give this thread a little love again

Now I had been struggling with my swing for a little while, so about a month ago I booked a lesson with the pro at my club and he instantly spotted a couple of little things that needed sorting out. I spent some time working on those things and began to see better results from my swing, but then had to take a couple weeks off due to work and home life, so before playing the pairs competition on Sunday, I went to the driving range on Thursday evening after work and put a bit of work in to make sure I wasn't going to make a fool of myself

Fast forward to Sunday, and after my range session I felt pretty confident with my swing - first hole is a very short par 5 from the tees we were playing and I had 177yds left to the front of the green from the first cut on the left edge of the fairway and the pin was roughly 10-12ft from the front
Wind was very slightly behind, grass was wet so I was expecting the slight flier (which I got) and I stuck a 7i on to the front edge of the green and just missed the eagle putt

7th hole - slightly downhill par 3 playing about 150yds into a bit of wind, I tried to control an easy 8i as the pin was tucked behind a pot bunker but I didn't account for the nice draw I was hitting and finished pin high about 25ft left of the pin

17th hole - after hitting a draw all day, the longest club I dared to hit was my Z785 4i as the hole is a dogleg to the right with tall trees preventing you from hitting a straight shot and cutting the corner, you have to hit a fade, with a fairway that slopes from right to left and OB left. Tee shot had the draw again and went through the dogleg into the first cut leaving me with 165yds to the middle of the green. Another potential flier lie in wet rough meant I pulled 8i because being long is dead on this hole, and I stuck the ball onto the green just short of the middle

All day, these clubs just showed me what they can do when you put a good swing on the ball, but I do think I will need to readjust my distance expectations as I seem to be hitting them further than I was recently now that my swing is in a better place

Z-Forged are absolutely fantastic clubs. Love them, but my game this year hasn't warranted me playing blades. Just a rough year.

Surprised this thread hasn’t gotten much love but these are awesome feeling irons! Easiest to hit blades I’ve ever used!

Also just got them refinished!! It’s my way of committing to NOT buying new irons.....

60012188-718D-44A3-9A9C-955FE57A4AF6.jpegF5321E3F-6AB0-4231-9F7D-4AF2D0C6A777.jpeg

Those look great refinished. Z-Forged are still some of my favorite irons. So good.

Those look great refinished. Z-Forged are still some of my favorite irons. So good.
I had the 965's also but really prefer the Z-Forged. The slightly longer blade length makes them look more user friendly

Bumping this thread for Hidecki's Masters win. Z-Forged in the bag 🔥🔥🔥

Well done Hideki! But I do believe those are custom irons made just for him. Not the Z Forged available to us mere mortals

Well done Hideki! But I do believe those are custom irons made just for him. Not the Z Forged available to us mere mortals
Yep. More traditional muscle shape and the sole and the toe and heel notches.

during one of the live session. The kinda dropped that a new blade was coming.. or maybe I misinterpreted it.

I also believe Hideki is not a fan of the VT Sole and nine of his irons have ever had it

Here is my review of the 785/Z-Forged combo set, that I received as part of the Distance Powered by Srixon Event. The set that I received is: Z-785 4-6 Iron & Z-Forged 7-PW.
About me:
Handicap- GHIN 1.2
Swing Speed- 108-110 MPH (Driver Average)
Normal Ball Flight- Mid-High
Previous Iron Set- PXG 0311 Gen 1 4-6 iron & PXG 0311T Gen 1 7-PW (Combo Set)

Looks: First and far most, these have to be the best looking irons that I have ever held in my hands. They are beautiful, sharp, extremely attractive, and crisp. I have always really liked the way that the Srixon clubs looked. Any player will tell you that there’s nothing that looks or sounds better than a good golf shot that comes off the face of a blade such as the Z-Forged. I have always believed that, if a club looks good, it gives the player more confidence to play good golf, play all different kinds of shots. These defiantly provide me with that type of confidence. Now, it’s hard to compare these to my PXGs, but my old Titleist 714 MBs are the only irons that I have played that are comparable, and they don’t even hold a candle to the Z-785s or Z-Forged irons. The top line looks appealing, and there is a lot of hidden beef on the sole of the club, that you don’t normally see in a classic blade. I like the shape of both the Z-785 long irons & the Z-Forged short irons. This is hard to explain but the best part of the look of the Z-Forged is that it feels like there is a lot of face area on this club.

Distance/Forgiveness: The distances that I’m seeing, aren’t very much different than the PXGs that I was gaming. The PXG 0311T scoring irons are a hair longer than the Z-Forged, but within the same club range, meaning I’m not pulling a different club than I was before (up or down). The Z-785s are more forgiving than the Z-Forged, just because of the cavity back compared to a blade, but put it this way, I wish I would have got the full set of Z-Forged. All my irons are bent 1 degree strong, I tried to get all specs like my PXGs, they are much more forgiving than one would think. They come off the face extremely hot, with a piercing ball flight. I love when I get a shot that calls for a stinging draw. So, the stinger is back! I also have a mid to high ball flight on a normal shot, and on a regular shot it comes off like my normal flight that I love, but they can also come off low and with some pace when the shot calls for it. The High moon ball isn’t a problem either. In all different types of shots, both the Z-785s and Z-Forged don’t lack in the distance department.

Feel: Feel is such a relative term, so remember since feel is hard to quantify, this is just a personal opinion. Ask any low handicapper their opinion, and they will tell you that there’s nothing better than hitting a pured shot with a blade. That’s the feeling you get playing the Z-Forged. Now don’t get me wrong, the Z-785s hold their ground too, but during these last couple of months, words can’t express how it feels hitting the ball with the Z-Forged irons. They provide the softness that one will expect from a forged iron. You can’t discuss blades without discussing turf interaction. The Z-Forged irons cut through the turf, creating a fantastic dollar size divot, and the response you get from the irons is amazing. When you do hit it poorly, the club will always tell you what happened. There’s no difference in the feedback you get with either model. For shot shaping, distance, and response, it’s hard to find a better iron on the market right now than the Z-Forged.

Conclusion: In the interest of full disclosure, during the event the only time I actually hit the Z785 irons in my bag was testing the 5 iron on the range. I didn’t need to hit them in the competition at all, right Noelle? After seeing and hitting the Z-Forged, I instantly wished that I would have gotten a complete set of the Z-Forged. The Z-Forged isn’t for everyone, but it is a stunning looking iron, with a classic muscle back look. It’s a player’s iron, that has enough technology to be way more forgiving that what is normally seen in a blade. If you are looking for a set of blades, I would recommend giving them a try. Also, in the combo set the blending between the Z-785s and Z-Forged is seamless and looks very good. The only note that I would make about the blended set is that you might have to order the Z-Forged 1 degree strong to get the gapping between the Z-785s and Z-Forged portion of the set correct.
Decent review of the Z-Forged irons here...

I see the notches, but not the actual sole. (These are his old irons).

View attachment 9002557

I guess I should have softened too “I do not believe this is correct”.

I thought I was told he very much liked it. I guess it is a bit modified. You can very much see some trailing edge grind and I think the leading edge is blunted so the characteristics are there albeit different.

I dunno. Whatever it is he hit them well this week.

A42D8FE6-8E71-4305-9D7B-F8E052C3135E.png

It’s funny. He is their marquee player but Srixon can never seem to make a set of blades that he puts in the bag. It’s always a custom set, even dating back to their 945s.

Doesn’t really matter I guess. The brand name on the hat is more important than what’s in the bag

It’s funny. He is their marquee player but Srixon can never seem to make a set of blades that he puts in the bag. It’s always a custom set, even dating back to their 945s.

Doesn’t really matter I guess. The brand name on the hat is more important than what’s in the bag

are those not srixon blades? They are just not the retail blades.

Bumping this under-rated thread. Anyone play Z-Forged this season? I'm wondering if we might see a new blade from Srixon in 2022, this release being 3 seasons deep now.

Still an awesome set of irons.

Bumping this under-rated thread. Anyone play Z-Forged this season? I'm wondering if we might see a new blade from Srixon in 2022, this release being 3 seasons deep now.

Still an awesome set of irons.
BEAUTIFUL golf clubs.

Back