Srixon Z-Star Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has your first look at the latest driver to come out from Srixon Golf. The Z-Star driver and here is the complete run down as well as in hand pictures.

Check out this information on our home page and see what THP's initial thoughts were.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=11139

1088223538_DGcbK-L-1.jpg

1088223342_NhaYA-L-1.jpg

1088223223_kyKQH-L-1.jpg

1088223187_TR4CZ-L-1.jpg

1088223142_h9KXh-L-1.jpg

1088223409_xZ22K-L-1.jpg

1088223359_u7Yfp-L-1.jpg

1088223659_TAxTt-L-1.jpg

1088223563_gxEcN-L-1.jpg

1088223584_Hh7cE-L-1.jpg

Check out the home page link above and get more info on these shifts and in particular why these last two pictures are so cool.

1088223617_Z3KcE-L-1.jpg

1088223693_8qh2x-L-1.jpg

1088223717_CvSXM-L-1.jpg

1088223774_zuAoE-L-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Best looking Miyazaki shaft yet!

• Admin
Best looking Miyazaki shaft yet!

And one of the best performing for me. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this driver. I will have more coming soon in my writeup in this thread.

Now I have another to add to my stable of testers come spring. Right next to the 910D2 and the Octane. This looks quite different from previous offers in this department from Srixon, much easier to hit.

WOW , that is a fine looking driver ! But what is the cost of this puppy going to be ? :D

MSRP?

Available left-handed?

This driver is fantastic! I fell in love with this thing last weekend. I agree about the Miyazaki.

Sent from my iPhone so please ignore my horrid typing mistakes

• Admin
Now I have another to add to my stable of testers come spring. Right next to the 910D2 and the Octane. This looks quite different from previous offers in this department from Srixon, much easier to hit.

After having hit all 3, I can tell you that only this one is staring at the possibility of going into my bag. :act-up:

WOW , that is a fine looking driver ! But what is the cost of this puppy going to be ? :D

To be determined. But if I had to guess I would say in line with the rest of the premium drivers on the market. Plus you are getting an EXTREMELY high end shaft that would add significant cost if purchased aftermarket. For more info on that, check out the home page link at the top.

• Admin
This driver is fantastic! I fell in love with this thing last weekend. I agree about the Miyazaki.

You were KILLING this thing!

Oh wow. Oh wow.... Companies are just getting it now. If a golfer is going to spend 500 plus on a high end driver, they want a high end shaft. +1 for srixon and Cleveland.

Hrm....the shaft looks pretty neat, but the driver head itself seems really plain to me. Still....seems like Miyazaki's getting some serious love in next year's line of clubs. First Cleveland then this.

The shaft alone puts this in my "must try" list for next year.

Oh wow. Oh wow.... Companies are just getting it now. If a golfer is going to spend 500 plus on a high end driver, they want a high end shaft. +1 for srixon and Cleveland.

And the beautiful part is that they are NOT going to be that much never mind more than that.

Hrm....the shaft looks pretty neat, but the driver head itself seems really plain to me. Still....seems like Miyazaki's getting some serious love in next year's line of clubs. First Cleveland then this.

The shaft alone puts this in my "must try" list for next year.

I swear if you take a look at the customizable options you will see that it is not as plain as it appears to be. I said the same thing and actually wrote that very thing on the home page.

Sweet looking all around! Looks like Srixon is jumping into the fray with a solid weapon. Just the shaft in itself is worth the try. Can't wait to sling this puppy.

Love the business look of this. No alignment aid up top and simple sole. Plus a primo shaft....gonna have to check this out.

Really? I expected this to be like the super deep- super pricey. Hmm. Thats awesome, maybe I can persuade this out of mom for a graduation present, hehe...

And the beautiful part is that they are NOT going to be that much never mind more than that.

The face sounds pretty forgiving. How does the forgiveness compare to the Supertri?

A massive technological leap forward from the Z-TX Srixon driver. That shaft looks bad to the bone.

JB, what is the length of shaft in the driver ?

The face sounds pretty forgiving. How does the forgiveness compare to the Supertri?

Similar. But I found this to be a little longer for me. It just was a little easier to get to my proper launch conditions for my swing I think with this shaft and weights.

Do you think it's "Tour" level? As in, will we see the Srixon pro staff hitting this?

Do you think it's "Tour" level? As in, will we see the Srixon pro staff hitting this?

No question about it. In my opinion you will see quite a few.

Back