Srixon Z-Star Driver

I know you both liked the k15. This one better or on par with?

no clue buddy, I have not hit it. I know the guys who recently went to Florida had the opportunity to hit it.

ah sorry I thought you were saying you hit it or saw it like TC said.

no problem, I will let you know what I think as soon as I hit it

sorry for the thread jack but I've hit both. I couldn't seem to get dialed in as quickly with the Z-Star as I did with the K15. Looks wise the Z is straight sessier but performance-wise for me the K15 jsut worked better right away. That being said, I'd love to spend some more time with the Z .

For me, the ZStar is better, but that is for me. The K15 is draw biased and that does not really work for me very well as it can turn into a hook machine if I am not swinging very well.

THanks Seth and Hanks, I look forward to focusing hard on drivers this year at the outing and once and for all settling what I should be hitting both driver wise and of course shaft wise.

THanks Seth and Hanks, I look forward to focusing hard on drivers this year at the outing and once and for all settling what I should be hitting both driver wise and of course shaft wise.

i wish i could offer more on the z star rhino but i haven't hit it. for me, it's better looking than the k15 but that's pure aesthetics. plus it comes w/a far superior shaft and some incredible adjustability characteristics. i did like the k15 when i demo'd it in florida but i know it needs a different shaft, so for me, why not go with the driver that already comes with the better shaft in it?

I've hit both the K15 and Z-Star. With out any set up, the K15 worked better for me. After spending about 45 minutes with the Z-Star, it was hitting it just as good, if not better than the K15. Both are great clubs, but you have to be able to spend time with the Z-Star to get the full benefit.

I've hit both the K15 and Z-Star. With out any set up, the K15 worked better for me. After spending about 45 minutes with the Z-Star, it was hitting it just as good, if not better than the K15. Both are great clubs, but you have to be able to spend time with the Z-Star to get the full benefit.

Sweet. Where did you hit the Z-Star? Im sure others around you would like to try it out too.

Sweet. Where did you hit the Z-Star? Im sure others around you would like to try it out too.

Thats what I was wondering!

I hit both at the local indoor range/shop, Greater Golf Training Center. I purchase most of my clubs there and have a membership for the winter months.

I hit both at the local indoor range/shop, Greater Golf Training Center. I purchase most of my clubs there and have a membership for the winter months.

They had the Z-Star already? WOW! Thing does not come out for months. Hopefully some others will get a chance to get up there and give it a try. I have to say, I am almost shocked that it is out with people getting a chance to hit it.

"Strictly not for sale yet" were his exact words. He only had that one and didnt know how many, if any, he was going to stock.

"Strictly not for sale yet" were his exact words. He only had that one and didnt know how many, if any, he was going to stock.

Wow, that is crazy. Man they would pull the plug on him fast if they knew that. Im literally shocked especially if he is not planning on stocking it. Glad you got to hit it though.

Google Maps says 5 hours and 45 mins.

Anyone in Ohio wanna make a road trip?

Wow, that is crazy. Man they would pull the plug on him fast if they knew that. Im literally shocked especially if he is not planning on stocking it. Glad you got to hit it though.

Yikes, I guess I should learn to keep my mouth shut.

Pull the plug because he is letting people hit it, or because he may not stock it? I am guessing the latter.

Pull the plug because he is letting people hit it, or because he may not stock it? I am guessing the latter.

The former. Stores may get items in long before release date in some cases. In MOST cases, they are not to release the items as of yet. Following embargo dates can be part of the retail world just like the media world.

I would guess the former. I have learned a ton from this website and my recent experiences with TM and prerelease clubs tells me they protect them to a VERY high degree.

We don't appreciate how amazing THP is with prerelease equipment until you have a pro on staff with a company tell you "I won't even SEE those clubs till April".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. The only thing I've ever seen (in person) that probably had an embargo on it (or could be considered pre-release) was the Diamana 'ahina (the all-black one) or the Bassara Griffin shaft about 17 or 18 months ago.

Interesting. The only thing I've ever seen that probably had an embargo on it (or could be considered pre-release) was the Diamana 'ahina (the all-black one) or the Bassara Griffin shaft about 17 or 18 months ago.

YOu have to look at it this way. If a store gets an item lets say 3 months ahead of time (just throwing out numbers) and puts it on the shelf or lets people try it out, what customers would purchase the existing product from that company if the new one is sitting there with a sign saying 'coming soon'.

I should have been more clear in my last post; I totally understand the retail rationale behind product embargoes and their ilk. I simply meant I, personally, have only once had the privilege of seeing something that could be considered pre-release/embargoed.

I should have been more clear in my last post; I totally understand the retail rationale behind product embargoes and their ilk. I simply meant I, personally, have only once had the privilege of seeing something that could be considered pre-release/embargoed.

Gotcha. You may need to make it out to a THP Demo Day then. FILLED with pre-release goods sometimes...:act-up:

Back