Srixon Z star line

Davidhibler

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
So I bought a few dozen zstars to test out - 2 regular and 1 xv. All in the tour yellow.

I was playing my first round with them today, and when I was cleaning my ball that I had played 16 holes with, I noticed what looked like a crack, or seam line all the way around the ball. I know there are quality issues with balls sometimes, so I put a new one into play.

When I got home, I looked at all 3 from that sleeve and noticed the same issue, so I looked at the rest of the balls and all 3 dozen have the seam/line visible.

Is this a thing with the srixons? I dont like it because when I look down at the ball, it doesn't look round and really messes with my head.

Wow that's interesting! I've never seen that on a Srixon, and I played them for half of last year.

I just checked - I have a box of new Z-Star and 2 new boxes of Q-Star. None of them have that 'crack' you described. Mind, all of mine are the white variety...

I just checked - I have a box of new Z-Star and 2 new boxes of Q-Star. None of them have that 'crack' you described. Mind, all of mine are the white variety...
Yup. I was wondering if it was less visible on the white ones, because it is a white line. It looks to be under the cover, but the one that I noticed first was raised.

I’ve noticed it some after playing several holes, but never on a new ball. I also play the white color balls.

Yup. I was wondering if it was less visible on the white ones, because it is a white line. It looks to be under the cover, but the one that I noticed first was raised.
Interesting. Are the yellow balls painted?

Yeah, its crazy. 3 dozen balls and they all have it. Though, you have to look at them in the right light.

Nope. Part of what attracted me to them. My oncores are painted and I hate how they scuff. I believe the cover is actually yellow.
Wow that's interesting. Post a pic?

I tried getting one but its not picking it up.
I'll try in the sunlight tomorrow.

I have a brand new box of 2019 yellow Z Stars, they were selling off old stock at the beginning of 2020 and I got these for a friend. I checked out what you said.
I found one with a ridge which I assume is the seam. It's quite pronounced and I managed to get it to show in the picture below. It runs diagonally through the A.
I could see it on some others but not all which is weird.
I also have some Q Star Tours and they do not have this.
I only play Srixon balls so I am very surprised by this, I wonder if it's just for the yellow balls.
14e1abad9b33daf2625002bbfda32ee0.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Not something I've ever noticed and play them quite a bt. I do have a lot of older ones like 2018 though

I tried getting one but its not picking it up.
I'll try in the sunlight tomorrow.
Sounds good. We’ll wait for tomorrow to see the ball you’re looking at.

I have a brand new box of 2019 yellow Z Stars, they were selling off old stock at the beginning of 2020 and I got these for a friend. I checked out what you said.
I found one with a ridge which I assume is the seam. It's quite pronounced and I managed to get it to show in the picture below. It runs diagonally through the A.
I only play Srixon balls so I am very surprised by this, I wonder if it's just for the yellow balls.

Interesting. Maybe just a slightly thinner layer?

That’s crazy

Yup. That's it.

Best pic I can get. Its foggy outside so...
20201231_085618.jpg

On the upside, I did play this ball for 16 holes and its still in pretty good shape.

Wow... Never had an issues with srixons QST, trispeed tour, zstar , xv all are my favorite balls!

I dont know if this is necessarily an issue...more of a mental thing for me. Makes me not trust them.

More testing is needed.

Best pic I can get. Its foggy outside so...
View attachment 8985458

On the upside, I did play this ball for 16 holes and its still in pretty good shape.
This is exactly the same, I've seen that almost all are like that but like you said I'm not sure what difference we will see.
I had a box of yellow Z Stars for myself earlier in the year and I don't remember having performance loss.
In your 16 holes with the same ball did you notice ball performance loss?
Tbh anytime I get a Z Star out I'm just trying to play low spinners
Actually managed to get my 30 yard 64 low spinner to zip backwards with a Z Star and that was with the yellow balls.

To be honest, I couldn't see the flight off the driver because I would lose it when it got to a certain point in the sky (overcast).

Irons and wedges, I was not impressed with the spin. Was more of a check up and release ball for me than my usual oncore ball.

But the weather was not ideal. Pretty cold out

I've played them quite a bit over the last 14-15 months. I have noticed this on both the yellow and white. Never has bothered me though.

Back