Srixon Z-UTI 18* 2-Iron

Selasmit

Scholar of the game...
Reaction score
Handicap
Just bought one of these on ebay in good nick, and while I'm waiting for it to arrive, I was wondering if anyone has any experience or thoughts on them?

I hit hybrids and 3-woods off the tee quite well, but I have been hitting my irons really really well from the tee on par 3's and 4's. I grabbed one of these to use to play accurate stingers on short par 4's and a few of the longer 3's on my home course.

Let me know of any thoughts!!

The club just showed up at my door when I got home from work today, and was promptly re-gripped with my standard orange niion and 1 wrap.

Can't wait to get this out for a hit this week!!!

photo1-1_zps2c08af2c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo4_zps0a70e557.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo2-1_zps6d3256bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo3_zps87ef6bc7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for posting the pics. That club looks like it would be fun to play around with. I think I would enjoy attempting to hit it.

I can't wait, it's exactly the same length as my 4-iron (which I'm hitting quite well from the tee), so all things being equal my swing should match it quite well.

I can't wait, it's exactly the same length as my 4-iron (which I'm hitting quite well from the tee), so all things being equal my swing should match it quite well.

Any other utility irons you can compare it to, size wise?

Srixon Z-UTI 18* 2-Iron

I'm intrigued on how it works out for you as the "driving iron" really intrigue me.

That's a sharp looking iron.

I've never even picked up another utility iron, let alone owned one, but I will say that it is pretty thin. Its not that much thicker on the top line to my bruner irons (part of the reason I went the Z-UTI was because I wanted somthing as close to the profile of my regular irons as possible, as I'm really not a fan of hybrids and as such don't want anything too "chunky")

I'm intrigued on how it works out for you as the "driving iron" really intrigue me.

I'm a fan. I loved the Callaway utility irons that were released and kick myself for not having ever put one in the bag.

This Srixon one looks pretty.

I was tossing up between the Z-UTI, the Callaway x-proto, and the Adams DHY, and I went this way as it looked the most Iron-like

I was tossing up between the Z-UTI, the Callaway x-proto, and the Adams DHY, and I went this way as it looked the most Iron-like

So, it's a bit smaller?

I'm a fan. I loved the Callaway utility irons that were released and kick myself for not having ever put one in the bag.

This Srixon one looks pretty.

The only one I have hit was the 712u and plan on hitting the ping rapture as soon as its available here(you southerners will see it first)

That's a sharp looking iron.

I hope it works out well, on my home course there are a few par 3's and many par 4's that you need a solid 200m (220 yard) straight shot, and my 4-iron can't quite get there, and my tight lies wood would be too long. Hopefully this fills the void well when I 100% MUST hit the fairway.

So, it's a bit smaller?

Yeah, the other 2 look like a love child between a hybrid and an iron. This one looks like a regular iron, just with a little low muscle on the back. Feels like an iron during practice swings too.

I hope it works out well, on my home course there are a few par 3's and many par 4's that you need a solid 200m (220 yard) straight shot, and my 4-iron can't quite get there, and my tight lies wood would be too long. Hopefully this fills the void well when I 100% MUST hit the fairway.

Hope it fills that gap for you.

Yeah, the other 2 look like a love child between a hybrid and an iron. This one looks like a regular iron, just with a little low muscle on the back. Feels like an iron during practice swings too.

Awesome dude. Can't wait to hear how you get along with it.

Cheers, the really hard thing for me is that I'll be stuck at work for most of the week so the soonest I'll get a chance to try it out will be Friday!!! It's torture!! haha

Cheers, the really hard thing for me is that I'll be stuck at work for most of the week so the soonest I'll get a chance to try it out will be Friday!!! It's torture!! haha

Nothing worse than the itch of wanting to hit a new club!

I might see if i can sneak off early one day for a quick couple of swings... :wink:

Nice looking club!
I was looking at these recently as well. I've owned a Cleveland LDI 21* (Aldila NV 105 Stiff) for 6 years and it has NEVER left the bag. Great fit between my 4i and 2 hybrid. It has done wonders for me on any tee shot requiring accuracy. They are also very nice for getting out of trouble along tree lines, as you can hit them very low.
I tee it very low and closer to center than my 2 hybrid. Hitting it off the deck takes some practice.
Good luck!

Congrats on a great pick up and good luck! Looks awesome.

Nice looking club!
I was looking at these recently as well. I've owned a Cleveland LDI 21* (Aldila NV 105 Stiff) for 6 years and it has NEVER left the bag. Great fit between my 4i and 2 hybrid. It has done wonders for me on any tee shot requiring accuracy. They are also very nice for getting out of trouble along tree lines, as you can hit them very low.
I tee it very low and closer to center than my 2 hybrid. Hitting it off the deck takes some practice.
Good luck!

I'm hoping to find much the same thing in this iron, somthing that is flat out dependable when you need it.

as for hitting off the deck, I've recently mastered the art of hitting the driver off the fairway, so fingers crossed it's no harder than that! haha

Looks very nice, a definite great addition.

I like the look of this one. Doesn't seem too scary to try and hit

KG

Just Tapping Away

Sharp looking stick.
Looking forward to your feedback after gaming it.

Back