Srixon Z785 Driver - update and comments...

Brassie

Reaction score
I've mentioned it before in one thread last month, that this is the best driver I've ever used or owned. Admittedly, I haven't tried all the Drivers out there and there may be something better but my goodness this one is great! Mine is the 9.5* with the MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange S shaft. What gets me is how straight I hit it down the target line.

Took my 5th lesson yesterday from my pro and am in process of rebuilding my swing after a 15 year layoff. Worked yesterday on tweaking my swing plane a bit more upright and my hands position in the takeaway, getting my left hip rotated clear in the downswing and so on... but after hitting a bunch of iron shots pretty well, I pulled out my Driver (Z785) and was telling my swing coach how much I like this one. I striped 3 in a row, dead nuts straight, great launch angle and he grabbed the Driver from me and looked it over, set it down in address position and called it a "black beauty" and then said... "This one fits you perfect! Don't change a thing." I said it is unfortunate that Srixon don't get more recognition for how great this thing is. He agreed and said the bigger names get more attention and fan following and maybe they don't always deserve it. (my swing coach is the PGA pro I mentioned in another thread that just qualified for the May 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship at Harbor Shores.)

It's pretty clear to me Srixon are not getting enough credit for how good their products are getting. I guess us golfers can be a tribal bunch. Srixon irons are as good as any big name offering and now this driver, which performs extremely well. Kudos to Srixon and I hope they continue to push forward with great new product releases and break into the top tier of recognition they deserve.

Good review and thread here.

Good review and thread here.

I searched and searched and searched and couldn't find that thread. The search engine wasn't finding it. Now I know why. I was using Z785... the review thread has it with a space between the Z and 785.

I'm glad you found a driver that fits your swing. I really enjoy hearing when someone gets that right. Nice review, thanks.

Back