Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

If you haven't tried the Srixon fairways, you need to. Had the 7w in action today and it is just fun to hit. Launches on a nice penetrating flight but not super high for a 7W. It performed well in heavy winds today. You can tell when you hit it as there is a distinct sound but not annoyingly so.
Love that you’re getting on so well with this one SD!

Saw these in person today when I was hitting the local course pro's ZX7s. These are gorgeous. (y) I will go back and hit them.
Definitely do that. These are really good.

Putting the ZX against my Epic Flash 3w tomorrow (and wednesday on course). Heard this thing may be a cannon. Heard I might be a fan of cannons.
It’s a cannon.

Putting the ZX against my Epic Flash 3w tomorrow (and wednesday on course). Heard this thing may be a cannon. Heard I might be a fan of cannons.
CANNON.

Playing 9 with it tomorrow but as far as the range test? Cannon. This is flat lining off the tee vs my current 3w, which lands more like a 7i.

Off the deck, I can still elevate it at a launch and max height that will stop pretty quick, but just seems to apex further down range. I’ll see if I can bring my SC 100 out just to get a number or two if I have the space and the time (course tomorrow doesn’t have a range) for comparison purposes. However... this is pretty lovely.

Playing 9 with it tomorrow but as far as the range test? Cannon. This is flat lining off the tee vs my current 3w, which lands more like a 7i.

Off the deck, I can still elevate it at a launch and max height that will stop pretty quick, but just seems to apex further down range. I’ll see if I can bring my SC 100 out just to get a number or two if I have the space and the time (course tomorrow doesn’t have a range) for comparison purposes. However... this is pretty lovely.
I told you, BOMBER!

I think the ZX5 driver is the sleeper of the year. I can’t miss the middle on the damn thing and actually square the face to boot. It’s not my favorite sound, but I can fix that, and I think I need to fine tune it a bit, but I’d say it’s 1B for the bag right now, maybe 1A, but I’m waiting on two more heads 👀

I told you, BOMBER!

Just absurd. If the driver is like it, oh man.

Can’t wait to hit this on the course here in a couple hours

Seems whenever I want to test something, I get 13-15mph wind. That being said, 245 carry into that breeze when hit flush is pretty impressive. That’s about the only impressive part of this round so far.

Overall first on course go: Yeah this is a really solid fairway offering. Does really well in the wind, definitely feels hot off the face. Distance is right on par with my current 3w but with a much more piercing flight.

ZX5 driver isn’t getting nearly enough talk. This thing is pretty standout, particularly strikes a little high on the face. Rebound tech is real.

ZX5 driver isn’t getting nearly enough talk. This thing is pretty standout, particularly strikes a little high on the face. Rebound tech is real.

How are the two favorite: high toe or low heel? Toe especially. Does it have that harsh, “oh god that’s going nowhere” feel or does it feel there’s still some weight behind it?

I kind of want to go hit this again. So much better than I expected from Srixon.

I kind of want to go hit this again. So much better than I expected from Srixon.
This is one driver that I want to try. The fairway I have is a beast, so hoping the driver will be the same way.

I found the ZX5 a better fit for me compared to the ZX7, I also really didn't like the feel of the ZX7. Coming from playing Ping for many years the ZX5 shape suited my eye better. I put the ZX5 driver up against my stable of drivers (all shafts are fit to me), G425 with Tensei Orange AV, SIM with DIamana Limited, I also tested the ZX7 Head. I tested the ZX5 and 7 with the Tour AD HD shaft. In the end the numbers were not very different at all with any of them on my good and serviceable swings, and I found it interesting that the tendencies I had with each head in regards to my misses were one way or the other (the PING and ZX5 were the most forgiving), with the SIM and ZX7 my misses tended to be a right miss, while the PING and ZX5 tended to be a little left. I prefer a little left miss over the right miss. Overall it came down to feel and Sound, and I think I will likely give the ZX5 a go for a while.

This is one driver that I want to try. The fairway I have is a beast, so hoping the driver will be the same way.
I'm telling you it may have been the biggest surprise to me at the showcase

The thing about the ZX5 driver is, I feel like it is just so user friendly. It is pretty effortless to get the ball up in the air and moving fast toward the target. Spin is supportive yet not excessive, the ball seems pretty stable in the air. There is plenty of launch angle support on tap. I played the Z585 last time around and one of my favorite things about it was general user friendliness. My feeling from the hitting bay is that the kept and improved that characteristic, and improved the shape a ton at the same time.

Before @Coach Sean posted I was considering to myself what well regarded driver I might compare the ZX5 too. Ping came to mind - I never played one of their Drivers and have not hit the newer models, yet they seem to get universal acclaim as to forgiveness, stability, and good speed. And those are the main things that stand out to me on the ZX5. It was interesting to me that Coach laid out that comparison for us just as I was pondering a similar train of thought. Thanks @Coach Sean for your thoughts on that 👊

The thing about the ZX5 driver is, I feel like it is just so user friendly. It is pretty effortless to get the ball up in the air and moving fast toward the target. Spin is supportive yet not excessive, the ball seems pretty stable in the air. There is plenty of launch angle support on tap. I played the Z585 last time around and one of my favorite things about it was general user friendliness. My feeling from the hitting bay is that the kept and improved that characteristic, and improved the shape a ton at the same time.

Before @Coach Sean posted I was considering to myself what well regarded driver I might compare the ZX5 too. Ping came to mind - I never played one of their Drivers and have not hit the newer models, yet they seem to get universal acclaim as to forgiveness, stability, and good speed. And those are the main things that stand out to me on the ZX5. It was interesting to me that Coach laid out that comparison for us just as I was pondering a similar train of thought. Thanks @Coach Sean for your thoughts on that 👊
I would say it is very similar to the Ping driver, but with a better sound and feel.

Took 3w on the course yesterday. Gonna need to regrip it, because the tour velvet and I do not get along well. Good swings were just deep. Lower trajectory than what I’m used to, but could still hold a green or cut through the wind. The ball feels like it just compresses hard off the face and just goes.

Bad, low heel contact is still pretty awful feeling no matter the club. When you catch this thing flush though, it just has a feeling that’s incredibly strong, and you know it’s just going to go a long way.

I have been having fun with the 7W, but noticed today every time I would catch it toe side I was getting a nasty hook. On shots I hit center the ball launches great and has a great ball flight.

Took this out again during a 3 hour or so range session. Weather was pristine, wind was stupid, so might as well suffer on the range instead of the course. It's nice having a fairway wood that I can hit a piercing ball flight with if I need to, but can also just launch it straight up. The launch difference between the two is pretty surprising between my current 3w and this one. Yes, the shafts aren't the same. High launching X flex vs Low launching S flex. Honestly, probably evens out just a bit. One of them was flying past my target, the other one wasn't coming even close unless I smothered it a bit.

Still need to regrip it... again. Air or something got under it and the grip was off by about the length of the grip cap. Used some solution and a grip remover tool and got lazy and reused the same tape. That was a mistake with an align grip. That poor red line wouldn't pass a field sobriety test with all the directions it was turning.

...That was a mistake with an align grip. That poor red line wouldn't pass a field sobriety test with all the directions it was turning.

#Wardy'sGolfTuningAndPerformance 🔥

Has anyone tried the ZX5 with the hzrdus smoke black shaft, seems like it could be a good combo?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Back