Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

It does set up just a wee bit small in comparison to some other fairways out there, but man.. Catch it and it just goes, and goes very far. Which means for you, it's probably still going :/

Coming from the mini driver, it's a change. The AD HD combo is fun from what I have seen so far.

Coming from the mini driver, it's a change. The AD HD combo is fun from what I have seen so far.

The one I have has just the stock Hzrdus Smoke Black in it, and that's something I wish I changed to... any other shaft out there. The Smoke Black and I just do not get along so great. I may get to a point where I find a pull for cheap and switch it out, see how it performs with something I can launch just a bit more for my liking.

The one I have has just the stock Hzrdus Smoke Black in it, and that's something I wish I changed to... any other shaft out there. The Smoke Black and I just do not get along so great. I may get to a point where I find a pull for cheap and switch it out, see how it performs with something I can launch just a bit more for my liking.

If I had not gotten a deal on the HD, I would gone with one of the Miyazaki offerings. Those are such nice no-upcharge options to have.

If I had not gotten a deal on the HD, I would gone with one of the Miyazaki offerings. Those are such nice no-upcharge options to have.

So consistent in what you're getting every time. I mean it's sincerely hard to argue with those shaft choices.

I feel like this needs to be in this thread:

Played on Sunday and only hit driver 3 times during the round; otherwise it was the ZX fairway or my hybrid. After a somewhat rocky first round or so with the ZX, I hit it 5x on Sunday and hit all them right on target. Didn't hit it off the deck, but it was an absolute fairway wood off the tee.

Just when I think I might want to test something else out, the ZX5 delivers and then some. The Rebound frame is legit and provides some serious ball speed when struck well, but what it does on off center hits is pretty impressive. I played with @chefkritter @Slowmo & @Bryndom during my last round and while I had saw what this can do when struck well.
Some standout shots
-1st hole is 356yds & I had 83yds left to the pin, 274yds dead straight right down the middle.
- 16th hole is 374yds , I lost it in the sun but pretty sure it was a fade that started up the left side and moved back into the fairway. I had 96yds left, that is 278yds.

i know these driving distances may not be much to some, but for me, they are some of the longest drives I’ve hit all year. More importantly it’s the distance and dispersion that makes it really tough to take this one out of the bag. I know some great drivers are coming for 2022 and I’ll be tempted, but they have their work cut out for them.

Just when I think I might want to test something else out, the ZX5 delivers and then some. The Rebound frame is legit and provides some serious ball speed when struck well, but what it does on off center hits is pretty impressive. I played with @chefkritter @Slowmo & @Bryndom during my last round and while I had saw what this can do when struck well.
Some standout shots
-1st hole is 356yds & I had 83yds left to the pin, 274yds dead straight right down the middle.
- 16th hole is 374yds , I lost it in the sun but pretty sure it was a fade that started up the left side and moved back into the fairway. I had 96yds left, that is 278yds.

i know these driving distances may not be much to some, but for me, they are some of the longest drives I’ve hit all year. More importantly it’s the distance and dispersion that makes it really tough to take this one out of the bag. I know some great drivers are coming for 2022 and I’ll be tempted, but they have their work cut out for them.
This driver was lethal for you the other day!!! There wasn’t a single drive that was off the reservation. Distance, trajectory, dispersion, all in check. Good luck in that bag battle if there is any challengers, the ZX5 is awesome.

So I hit the ZX driving 4 iron and really liked it. Then I hit the 2 iron and it is much harder to hit and feels like it may set up left. Anyone else experience this? The 2 iron I hit has a ventus blue shaft.

@mikeg_74 @chefkritter
I must agree. When I demoed the ZX5 I was just 3 yards off line. I am rotating 3 shafts.
KBS TD, Kinetixx Velocity and a Diamana BF. So far the Velocity is in the lead. Also ordered the weight kit to play with

@mikeg_74 @chefkritter
I must agree. When I demoed the ZX5 I was just 3 yards off line. I am rotating 3 shafts.
KBS TD, Kinetixx Velocity and a Diamana BF. So far the Velocity is in the lead. Also ordered the weight kit to play with

im so behind with my driver tech that @mikeg_74 waa embarrassed to be seen on the tee box near my driver. :ROFLMAO:

Some standout shots

That is great to hear and not surprising. The 3w has been great for me. Absolute confidence with it off the tee. If I was not so happy with my Epic Max LS I would be looking for the driver as well.

im so behind with my driver tech that @mikeg_74 waa embarrassed to be seen on the tee box near my driver. :ROFLMAO:

not At all. You out drive me a few times with the Mavrik and goes to show what they have with that line.

So I hit the 2i driving iron at the range more today. The club is deadly when it goes straight. I hit some that probably carried 255 on a line. However, the head is bent to 19 degrees so I am not sure if that is causing me to hit a few more than usual to the left or if the club has a left bias. Does anyone else have the left issue? Or any thoughts on the loft causing it?

So I hit the 2i driving iron at the range more today. The club is deadly when it goes straight. I hit some that probably carried 255 on a line. However, the head is bent to 19 degrees so I am not sure if that is causing me to hit a few more than usual to the left or if the club has a left bias. Does anyone else have the left issue? Or any thoughts on the loft causing it?

I have the 2i and have been playing it at the stock 18*. I have not had trouble with lefts, it plays pretty neutral from me... aside from the stock shaft does not stand up well enough and is more work than it needs to me. I am looking to replace the shaft in it.

I’m like a broken record here, but this ZX5 continues to impress. Just when I think I’ve seen all the distance I can get out of this one, a day like today happens. Granted I fixed my grip a bit and could have led to better contact, but I was living in the 255-275 yard range off the tee today and managed to get one out there at 286. Also the Ventus Blue is just such a good pairing for me and allows me to time it perfectly and even if I miss a fairway I’m not off by much.

Got to spend a little time on a sim today, and man do I still love my ZX hybrid. So easy to hit and just feels/sounds great. Especially enjoyable when most of my other clubs were not doing what I wanted them to do 😅

Who is still enjoying their ZX driver?

I'm getting to know the ZX5 a bit more lately. It's got a more significant contact sound than I was anticipating, but I kind of like it. Not manufactured, just metal celebrating contact hahaha

I've had a few hit inside center and a bit upwards on the head and the results were pretty fair. I'd like to get back to my normal toe side of center move, but it'll just take a bit more time. I think we'll get some real go-zone numbers from it.

I'm getting to know the ZX5 a bit more lately. It's got a more significant contact sound than I was anticipating, but I kind of like it. Not manufactured, just metal celebrating contact hahaha

I've had a few hit inside center and a bit upwards on the head and the results were pretty fair. I'd like to get back to my normal toe side of center move, but it'll just take a bit more time. I think we'll get some real go-zone numbers from it.
I loved the sound and performance if the Z585 I won here on THP. That thing was a weapon. I’ve been looking forward to your thoughts. Pretty good feedback in here from @Jeff Spicoli @mikeg_74 👊

I loved the sound and performance if the Z585 I won here on THP. That thing was a weapon. I’ve been looking forward to your thoughts. Pretty good feedback in here from @Jeff Spicoli @mikeg_74 👊
Thanks. The ZX fairway has been a great addition to the bag. It's great off the tee and easy to elevate off the fairway. I have not hit the driver, but I'm thinking it's probably just as good as anything out there.

I absolutely love my ZX7, for the first time in what seems like forever I'm able to hit fairways consistently.
My struggles with keeping my tee shots in play look to be over and hopefully my handicap will drop this year a few shots.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

In my recent fitting I had better results with a ZX5 than the new TM Stealth. It can still hold its own with the new releases.

Ping G425 was a bit more accurate (sounded horrible) and the LTDx was the real winner from the available options at the fitting studio.

Just absolutely love my 3h. After topping the everliving out of my driver, I had about 240ish to the green. Hit the hybrid straight as an arrow. Figured it landed short of the green, but nope. Right in the middle. Straight bombs period

I think someone told my ZX5 that a Mizuno driver is inbound. The last few rounds I have really gotten into a groove, and I am hitting this one really well. I am still happily surprised how much distance this one packs on well struck shots. It has me in spots off the tee I saw with my Mavrik and in cases a little further. I am not sure what the sales numbers for these are, but whatever they are, they are lower than they should be. I would put this driver up against anything out there and paired with the correct shaft, will tighten dispersion, give plenty of distance and forgiveness.

I bought a ZX5 Driver when the price dropped. This is a really hot driver That is really easy to hit.

Back