Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
Srixon is really excited about its new ZX line of clubs (for good reason) and today they introduced the new ZX line of woods to compliment the ZX irons.  The ZX irons were recently announced to a lot of attention, buzz, and excitement and the ZX woods are well positioned to continue the enthusiasm and praise from golfers.  Of course, if you missed the information on the ZX irons, you should check them out here, but today we have the launch of Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, &

[url=https://www.thehackersparadise.com/srixon-zx-drivers-fairway-woods-hybrids/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great write up @Molten! Flex frame seems like a really neat concept. Face flexes one way, the frame the other. The ZX5 seems like it will be a great driver for the masses. The 585 was underrated and won the British Open.

Good write up @Molten

This is some interesting tech from Srixon. The rebound face looks a lot like another famous face out there on the market. That has to be a good thing for performance. Are these good enough to put Srixon in the top echelon of the driver and FW market?

Previous lineup was sneaky good. The z785 driver was a great driver.

Very nice write up @Molten.
Srixon continues to impress with their technology , designs and looks of their clubs. Will be very interested to see how these perform.

Very extensive and insightful article @Molten . I was very excited to see how the flex face compared to some of the others as I felt the 785 driver was underrated and Srixon never got a fair shake. I know you mentioned the shafts but I was hoping the Smoke Blue may be an option or at least an inexpensive upgrade. Looking forward to more comparisons, it certainly has been adopted by pros worldwide very quickly so it must be a big upgrade for them to switch so quickly. Thanks.

Seems like a company on the rise with some interesting tech and look. Worth trying.

Awesome write up G!

Rebound Face and Cannon Sole seem like Srixon isn’t sitting on their laurels after the Z785 release.

High straight bombs with some serious MOI in the ZX5 seems like my cup o tea.

I like that they are offering additional weights as well for the ones who like to tinker.

May have me sold if the stock shaft is a Riptide

@Molten any numbers how they performed for you distance spin wise?

Srixon coming out swinging with their lines this year.

Fantastic write up @Molten . That Rebound Frame seems very interesting getting the frame and face working together for the transfer of energy. Do you have any ball speed numbers off the driver?

The entire ZX lone from Srixon is really rounding into form. They look great, and they have made some promising updates.

Well done G. We know Srixon is super excited about this launch. The change in face structure is something I didn't see them doing, going away from the cup face. But everything we've heard is that this is a pretty big improvement in that area. I absolutely love the looks and how the shaping isn't drastically different from one to the other.

BTW, I think the hybrid could be so sneaky good this release. I wasn't crazy about the last release in that department, but I like what Ive heard and seen about this.

Excellent piece, Gary!

This is that other driver that is going to get a crack at the bag this season. There’s so much going on that every indication is Srixon has taken a solid 585/785 release and turned it up to 11.

The new design technique and moving away from cup face because of it is an interesting one, but one they are adamant and excited about, and that has got me wanting to give them some time for sure.

Great write up!

The Z85 series woods had a really strong start when they were released. I’m really curious on how this new ZX5 would play for my game.

Also, it’s funny how one company wants to flex their club head for more speed and another wants to add more speed with extra support to keep the club head from flexing too much.

Srixon coming out swinging with their lines this year.
This is what I keep coming back to as well. If these deliver, and I think they will, it’s bound to be the most complete top to bottom line we have seen from Srixon and Cleveland yet.

Great write up! I'm definitely going to try the driver. It definitely seems like Srixon is trying to compete with the big brands and they're even pricing them in the same range. Looking forward to seeing these in person.

BTW, I think the hybrid could be so sneaky good this release. I wasn't crazy about the last release in that department, but I like what Ive heard and seen about this.

I’ve been a huge fan of Cleveland/Srixon’s hybrids going all the way back to the 588 - and actually probably before that. I want to give this one a shot.

Looks wise, I like them, simple and classy. They kind of look like previous models which is fine when they look good but at some point may need a change imo. So the frame and face moves together? This is interesting and something new I hadn’t ever heard of.
Nice write up also.

Srixon is really jumping out at me this year with some strikingly beautiful clubs and pushing the envelope more and more with new tech! From the new wedges to the irons and now woods/hybrids. Amazing!

The previous version was pretty solid, but I will try and give the driver and fairways a hit sometime

One question though - the article states that the ZX7 has interchangeable weights and putting the heavier weight in the toe promotes a draw, and in the heel a fade - should that not be the other way round?

The previous version was pretty solid, but I will try and give the driver and fairways a hit sometime

One question though - the article states that the ZX7 has interchangeable weights and putting the heavier weight in the toe promotes a draw, and in the heel a fade - should that not be the other way round?

It was a typo and was fixed. Not sure why yours is still showing that. Maybe refresh or clear cookies.

It was a typo and was fixed. Not sure why yours is still showing that. Maybe refresh or clear cookies.
Just clicked on the link again and it is showing what I expected now

Very extensive and insightful article @Molten . I was very excited to see how the flex face compared to some of the others as I felt the 785 driver was underrated and Srixon never got a fair shake. I know you mentioned the shafts but I was hoping the Smoke Blue may be an option or at least an inexpensive upgrade. Looking forward to more comparisons, it certainly has been adopted by pros worldwide very quickly so it must be a big upgrade for them to switch so quickly. Thanks.
The rebound frame is pretty darn good at delivering ball speeds as the strike location strays a bit and I'll have more on that a bit later. I really enjoyed the Z785 and it WAS way underrated but the ZX should get its fair shake and hype

My first article brain fart! Ooops

The hybrid is sneaky good and a stock pairing option of Riptide makes for a real good feel. High launch and long without being low spin

Srixon has quietly produced some great drivers and fairway woods over the last two releases. This lineup (the driver especially) has me intrigued with the ball speed retention given the new technology that's being introduced.

Back