Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

Great review. This line is certainly more eye pleasing than the previous series.

Well Done @Molten - Just so happens I watched a YT review last night for Alex Etches on this driver - Could not go on enough on how good it was.

i might have dreamed this, but did i hear/read that their tour adoption has been more heavily toward the zx5 than the zx7?

i would put these on my short list of woods to try next year. and by short list i mean every single oem, because they're coming out with serious heat in 2021.

i might have dreamed this, but did i hear/read that their tour adoption has been more heavily toward the zx5 than the zx7?

i would put these on my short list of woods to try next year. and by short list i mean every single oem, because they're coming out with serious heat in 2021.
I’m not exactly sure where the adoption has been but it wouldn’t surprise me because the ZX5 is pretty darn good

Great review @Molten, I enjoyed reading that! Srixon drivers are definitely worth a look, I will be checking these out!

I read that as well. I know Hideki put a ZX5 in and a few more as well. I think it was about 5-6 went with the ZX5 and I think 2 went with the ZX7. Not sure if that was all tours combined either.

Currently that is the case. Its not drastic, but more are using ZX 5 than ZX 7 right now I believe.

Srixon = very under rated company.

These woods are very good.

Very good write up!!!!!
I have played Srixon fairways in the past and these look great!!!! Will be wanting to try them again, that shaft combo is a great addition.

Srixon really are making some great woods and irons. Over the last couple of years they have been underrated so it’s good seeing them get the attention they deserve.

The tech story is very interesting and I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing more from these as they get put through their paces.

I’ve been a huge fan of Cleveland/Srixon’s hybrids going all the way back to the 588 - and actually probably before that. I want to give this one a shot.

I've gotten along better with Cleveland hybrids vs the Srixon ones. h85 gave me some good numbers on the LM, but I struggled to launch it consistently on the course. But I am very excited from what we've heard about these and will definitely be worth a look.

I still think you should have that 588 in the bag haha

I want to see what the spin numbers are with the ZX5. I know we all deliver the club head differently, but some good baseline numbers will go a long way to help understand the differences between the two. I know the article mentions the ZX7 will be several hundred RPM's lower than the ZX5, but some numbers would help to compare.

Also I like the ZX7 weight options and appearance of a smaller head at address, but still in a 460cc head.

I want to see what the spin numbers are with the ZX5. I know we all deliver the club head differently, but some good baseline numbers will go a long way to help understand the differences between the two. I know the article mentions the ZX7 will be several hundred RPM's lower than the ZX5, but some numbers would help to compare.

Also I like the ZX7 weight options and appearance of a smaller head at address, but still in a 460cc head.

I can't help with anybody else, but for me, the difference between the two was about 350rpms stock setup to stock setup. Both were pretty low though. I believe I was 2700s with the 5 and 2300-2400 with the 7. While that sounds ideal, I like the idea of something a little higher for me personally.

With that said, I got literally one launch monitor session with both.

I can't help with anybody else, but for me, the difference between the two was about 350rpms stock setup to stock setup. Both were pretty low though. I believe I was 2700s with the 5 and 2300-2400 with the 7. While that sounds ideal, I like the idea of something a little higher for me personally.

With that said, I got literally one launch monitor session with both.

I am with you. I would like something slightly higher to help maximize carry. When you say stock setup, was it with the Smoke and what was the loft of the head?

I am with you. I would like something slightly higher to help maximize carry. When you say stock setup, was it with the Smoke and what was the loft of the head?

Yes on the shaft and 9.5 on the loft.

Great piece of writing -- the clubs and tech have piqued my interest. Driver will get a look as that is about the only club left to renew in the bag.

But I may take JB's two driver setup more seriously this year ... 2!

Excellent write up, Gary, (although your little bio at the end needs to be edited to delete the aspiring to be a single digit index player). I really enjoyed reading it.

If I am understanding the technology here, where the frame flexes, it seems that Srixon is going about building a head completely differently than, say, Callaway, that developed its Jailbrake, to minimize the flex. Am I wrong in how I am seeing this?

I've gotten along better with Cleveland hybrids vs the Srixon ones. h85 gave me some good numbers on the LM, but I struggled to launch it consistently on the course. But I am very excited from what we've heard about these and will definitely be worth a look.

I still think you should have that 588 in the bag haha

I've taken it out at least a few times this year, with predictably good results.

Very sweet looking and I like that they are offering the HZRDUS Smoke for the Fairways too. Serious Ponder on these

COR limits at .83.......frame can flex all it wants....as long as it falls within guidelines.....nice looking club and assumption of additional distance based on the flex frame.
However.....if it in fact did result in more distance while conforming it would be the headline of the marketing campaign......it is not.....so can only assume the testing did not result in distance gains...

COR limits at .83.......frame can flex all it wants....as long as it falls within guidelines.....nice looking club and assumption of additional distance based on the flex frame.
However.....if it in fact did result in more distance while conforming it would be the headline of the marketing campaign......it is not.....so can only assume the testing did not result in distance gains...

While true, CT has changed that a bit as that is what is measured.

I would also add, that no driver has reached its limit across the entire face, and the expansion of that, is a goal everybody wants. COR limits have been in place for a very long time, I dont think anybody would argue that drivers have gotten longer than when the rule was put in.

While true, CT has changed that a bit as that is what is measured.

I would also add, that no driver has reached its limit across the entire face, and the expansion of that, is a goal everybody wants. COR limits have been in place for a very long time, I dont think anybody would argue that drivers have gotten longer than when the rule was put in.
I was curious after reading the post, so I looked it up and the COR limit of .830 was set in 2003, according to what I read. I had forgotten how long ago that limit was set. There has been so much advancement in technology in that time span.

I have been waiting for this article to drop, great write up @Molten. You wouldn’t happen to have some pictures of the heads side by side at address would u? I like the look of a more compact head but everything I have seen show the zx5 to be a low spinning cannon that is extremely forgiving (great dispersion). I agree with the comments stating that Srixon has a solid line up from top to bottom. Sad our local shop won’t stock Srixon clubs as they say are not popular enough but I believe they will order them in if requested. It would at least be nice to see them in hand and hit a few. Here’s to hoping that they will continue to grow in popularity and we will even see them up here

Back