Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

I see they have a 7W in the fairways and that is one I may try. I have a hybrid in that spot now, but always been a fan of fairways and the last iteration of Srixon fairways where great.

I’ve convinced a friend to buy one based on one round with mine. The convincing was easy - i didn’t have to say much.
what is he replacing?

Does anyone know what the ZX5 head weight is?

Hit the ZX-7 and ZX-5 drivers today with a 60g evenflow. Loved the sound of the ZX-7 but for me the ZX-5 had better numbers and accuracy.

Last edited:
Hit the ZX-7 and ZX-5 drivers today with a 60g evenflow. Loved the sound of the ZX-7 but fo .me the ZX-5 had better numbers and accuracy.
The ZX5 numbers and accuracy don’t surprise me at all - I’ve been hearing exactly the same.

20210116_203758.jpg20210116_124433.jpg

So what's the deal with these? I tried the drivers, and have the new UT's, but never even planned on trying their hybrids. Hit one today and, I'm not that surprised very often. LOVE how open it sits, sounds good, decent distance, and kind of refused to go left. Is anyone hitting/playing these here that would have some course feedback?

View attachment 8988732View attachment 8988733

So what's the deal with these? I tried the drivers, and have the new UT's, but never even planned on trying their hybrids. Hit one today and, I'm not that surprised very often. LOVE how open it sits, sounds good, decent distance, and kind of refused to go left. Is anyone hitting/playing these here that would have some course feedback?

Great notes! I have not played this release but played the H85 3 & 4 to great effect the season before last. Great sound, pretty well balanced performance overall. I happen to like the small step on the crown and how it frames up. I'll be looking to try the ZX utilities - if Srixon has kept improving the good things I see no reason why these wouldn't have a shot at the bag.

I have a 7W on the way to try. I like fairways more than hybrids so this will be a fun experiment against my 4H. Although the way I have been hitting those hybrids it’s got work to do.

View attachment 8988732View attachment 8988733

It’s going to be shaft dependent on the whole left thing. I found it to be pretty straight but I had a playing partner that only found the left side because the riptide didn’t match his swing at all. But I agree - these are a step up for their hybrids.

too bad that srixon is not doing what they did last release with all shafts being no up charge for a few week.

Yesterday I hit the ZX5 and ZX7 a second time. A short session, just 5 shots with the ZX7 and about 8 with the ZX5. Both with HZRDUS Black 6.0.

The biggest difference that stood out to me is that my dispersion with the ZX5 was a lot better than with the ZX7. Almost twice as good. Ball speed was very close, within 1 mph with a slight edge to the ZX7. Launch, peak height, descent all were pretty similar, and spin was quite close as well, with the ZX5 perhaps just 100rpm higher. All based on pretty small sample size so any of those could be differences in strike. All around, the results mirror my impressions from the first time hitting them.

Pretty sure I would go with ZX5 Driver for my game out of the two. It just works. It's got a great sound, and seems easy to keep in play.

It might just be me, but you have to look quite hard to tell the two apart if they are sitting side by side in front of you.

Just got the ZX hybrid as a fantasy football prize. Haven’t got the chance to hit it yet but excited to share my thoughts when I do!

The ZX-5 driver has fared really well this week. Forgiveness is there, but more so, it is fast.

The ZX-5 driver has fared really well this week. Forgiveness is there, but more so, it is fast.

If you get a chance, can you get a head weight measurement? I'm curious to compare to the Mav Max.

If you get a chance, can you get a head weight measurement? I'm curious to compare to the Mav Max.
Here it is without adapter and then with.

96D3F9D2-561F-4994-B6AC-2C648EE29EA9.jpeg
B97DB42B-4E7E-4F24-B42A-12C58C0FAA81.jpeg

wow, that seems pretty light

Can't wait to get out to the range this weekend to see how the ZX7 works for me.

And the ZX5 haunts me as well, the story and design is so different, it just calls to me.

ZX5 with an Evenflow Riptide.... now that could be something.

Precisely what I’m thinking :unsure:

Riptide was pretty a pretty spot on setup for me this past season. I wouldn't mind at all pairing it up again with the ZX5. I've hit it with HZRDUS Black, and I'm not sure that the shop actually has Riptide. Could be a faith based purchase.

Back