Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

Was finally able to get out and hit the ZX7 that I received for winning League 1 of Fantasy Football. Has been an incredibly busy month of work in January and weather didn't cooperate for me on weekends to be able to get out until yesterday when I finally got some range time in.

The ZX7 driver that @JB picked out and sent to me, was paired up with a Project X HZRDUS Red shaft with 5.5 flex. I hadn't really tried a Reg shaft as I was always told that Stiff is what I need with my driver swing speed being 96-100. But, this shaft and with my swing speed really felt pretty danged good. First few shots with it, was center contact with a straighter ball flight than I have been experiencing. Could it just be luck since I hadn't hit many balls this month? But, this continued for the next 10 shots as well!! Will give it some real world usage this next weekend as long as weather cooperates.

My 7W came in today. This looks really nice.
15CDDA58-DFE6-4DFB-A34A-8CAEFB39161D.jpeg
C0AF9FD1-9D04-430A-8819-B0597A6BA9B6.jpeg
97D71732-7DEF-4642-BAE6-8D24FFF94574.jpeg

So I was able to get out today and used the 7W on the long par 3 hole. Played right at 180 today which this club is perfect for playing into the wind. First time around was just short of pin high on the on left side about 6 yards off the green. I hit a nice high draw that drew more than expected.
Second time around it didn't draw enough stayed right.
Used it a couple times in the fairway, it is easy to hit and gets up quick. Has a nice firm sound to it.
One thing to me it seems to sit just a touch closed, but I was able to adjust to that easily enough.
The stock Hzrdous Black Smoke shaft feels great and looks awesome in this head.

ZX5 driver is in the hunt. It’ll be part of the 5-way throwdown for the bag! I’m excited.

👀

CC1A561F-3394-4AE0-B2DD-FCA7F17D2E83.jpeg

Reactions: MH
Does anyone know what the ZX5 head weight is?
Super late reply, but I just got one in, 194g without adapter. But I ordered at a shortened length. (y)

Super late reply, but I just got one in, 194g without adapter. But I ordered at a shortened length. (y)
I’m guessing that includes the stock weight in the heel?

Guys... The ZX5 is a fun loving easy to hit machine. Easy to launch, very friendly spin window, good on misses (for me tends to be toe side, but I had a couple heel side today as well). Feels and sounds fantastic... a nice fast crack but damped by the carbon crown. I think at the end of the day there may be setups that through lower spin and launch can get more outright distance, but as far as a "daily driver" that is super easy to live with, makes distance consistently, and keeps the ball in play, this is ticking a lot of boxes for me.

They are. The shape of the 5 is perfection.

The shape of the 5 does look really good, I was expecting a bigger more stretched out look. Does the 7 have a smaller profile?

They’re actually pretty close this year, one big thing they focused on was getting the 5 to a shape their tour guys liked, and it’s really worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: MH
Guys... The ZX5 is a fun loving easy to hit machine. Easy to launch, very friendly spin window, good on misses (for me tends to be toe side, but I had a couple heel side today as well). Feels and sounds fantastic... a nice fast crack but damped by the carbon crown. I think at the end of the day there may be setups that through lower spin and launch can get more outright distance, but as far as a "daily driver" that is super easy to live with, makes distance consistently, and keeps the ball in play, this is ticking a lot of boxes for me.
LOVE reading this.

You aren’t kidding. The FIR% skyrocketed for me the second I made the change. I could use a fitting for a better shaft for my swing but yeah, the head is crazy good.

The 5’s shape is really awesome. It reminds me of the TSi3 a bit. Not sure what elese you could want looking down at a driver.

The 5’s shape is really awesome. It reminds me of the TSi3 a bit. Not sure what elese you could want looking down at a driver.
Yeah, it’s just...well...pretty close to perfect.

Yeah, it’s just...well...pretty close to perfect.
Surprised the $hite outta me.

The fws and herbird is solid too...

Srixon...

Srixon...

They definitely considered the whole line a winner and they will eventually tip if they keep making great stuff.

Srixon...

I cannot wait to dive in with some deep feedback for people. Truly excited.

They definitely considered the whole line a winner and they will eventually tip if they keep making great stuff.

The ZX7s are def the gateway drug for their drivers, fws and hybrids....guessing they will have a stellar 2021...

The ZX7s are def the gateway drug for their drivers, fws and hybrids....guessing they will have a stellar 2021...
Absolutely the most complete line yet from Srixon. No weaknesses imo, the only point some may make is lack of adjustability in the fairways, but honestly the way they’ve done it makes sense.

Back