Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

Another round in the books. I swear if someone told me I had to choose between my wife and my ZX7 I might be single again. This thing is just incredible. The final hole today was a 700 yard par 6. When I blasted the tee shot over 300 that shortened it significantly. I do feel like I hit it longer then any driver I have ever tried and the flight is perfect.

Get off the fence and go try one. You won’t regret it. #reboundframe #hittingbombs

Last edited:
I’m surprised there hasn’t been more chatter about the ZX Hybrid.
I was in the sim today at the tech studio and played a round using the ZX 3 hybrid primarily off the tee, this club just hits straight bombs...

The ball speed was sick, I got one up to 142 Mph... If you are looking for a hybrid take a look at this line of hybrid.

A little testing on this one for the 2nd driver spot. I think the ZX-5 is a fantastic driver. Much less talked about than I think it deserves. With that said, its a little too low spin for me in that spot. I was getting between 2300-2600 RPMs in the shorter shafted creation and for that spot I look for a little more. Definitely a fast driver and has way more forgiveness laterally than I thought it would initially.

I've had enough rounds under my belt with the ZX5 to try and give some more feedback. I won't get into any of the technical designs or how that plays into the results, I'll leave that to the people way smarter than me to explain. I can confirm the rebound frame technology is legit. I have not gotten any hard numbers and my comparisons are to the Mav Max I've played since 2020 and keeping track of where my second shots are being taken from courses I am familiar with.

- The ZX5 is hands down longer. I am not sure if its spinning at a number that is better for me than the Mav Max or launching into a better flight window, but overall I am seeing longer tee shots and the ball is actually running out a little more than the Max did.

- I really like the head shape at address also. It's more compact, but not too small to be intimidating and make you think you need a perfect swing

- Forgiveness is packed into this driver. I have tested ball speeds across the face, and mishits are still getting out there with some great distances and the dispersion keeps me in play. I bought the extra weights and I have the 10gm weight in the back and for me that's made it a better set up. Paired with the LIN-Q Purple it's a great set up that lets me transition through the ball without any issues.

- Sound is subjective and one that I really can't tell anyone if its loud or muted. This one for me sounds great at impact. If I had to describe it I think it would say its a nice composite sound with a higher pitch.

I think anyone who is looking for a different driver and this one is available to hit, you need to put it through the paces before writing it off.

Last edited:
How does a ZX5 compare to the Cobras and Mizunos for forgiveness? I have a line on an ZX5 with graphite design AD-DI in it that I am tempted to pick up, but nowhere is allowing simulator testings at this point so I can't get any first hand tests in.

Got my fitted zx7 from truespecgolf in today. Really looking forward to giving the g400max some competition
20210701_194328.jpg
20210701_194315.jpg

How does a ZX5 compare to the Cobras and Mizunos for forgiveness? I have a line on an ZX5 with graphite design AD-DI in it that I am tempted to pick up, but nowhere is allowing simulator testings at this point so I can't get any first hand tests in.
I have both a Mizuno ST-Z and a ZX5. Very similar clubs in terms of performance and forgiveness since they both have the weight in the back.

STZ is much longer front to back so the ZX-5 looks better to me at address. But sound and feel go to the Mizuno and it's not close.

So jealous I'm still waiting on mine!
Let us know how you get on out there.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Lo and behold, my driver arrived today!
Haha was so super excited.
Went straight after work, picked it up and drove straight to the course.
I just love the way this driver sits behind the ball, so square and such a gorgeous shape too.
Initially I was getting a fair amount of left to right movement but I adjusted the loft to +0.5° and swapped the weights and that was it. Started hitting fairways and with great distance too.
I haven't been accurate with a driver for so long that it even felt a bit awkward!
My friends were in shock a bit. I had 4 pars and 2 birdies in my 9 holes, was a great introduction to the driver. 40% FIR which is unheard of for me.
All in all I am super thrilled and can only imagine things getting even better.
One of the keys for me in getting my handicap down is good tee shots and I see that coming for sure.
6b5a1cd9a78c40c246b364233fb6ee07.jpg
0a57facdc89e0ce0ecff0c40ea4e64f8.jpg

So jealous I'm still waiting on mine!
Let us know how you get on out there.

Snuck out to the range at lunch yesterday and crushed some bombs. A nice high controlled mini fade, some dead straight. Absolutely no pull hooks that I have with my g400. I like the sound, it's not as sharp as my g400, and it feels pretty forgiving.

I have a round Monday morning so I'll be able to compare distances then

20210702_125052.jpg

Last edited:
Really loving my ZX7. Starting to hit more fairways which is why I bought it.
The headcover is undoubtedly the best I've ever had. The quality is far better than any of the other OEM ones I've had. Never really thought about something like that but this one is awesome.
010edfd78174d4c61dbe817103612830.jpg

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more chatter about the ZX Hybrid.
I was in the sim today at the tech studio and played a round using the ZX 3 hybrid primarily off the tee, this club just hits straight bombs...

The ball speed was sick, I got one up to 142 Mph... If you are looking for a hybrid take a look at this line of hybrid.
How was the launch? I am trying to debate between the 2 and 3 hybrid but am afraid the 2 may be just a stinger club.

I bought this driver because it was hitting it straighter for me. I didn't really expect additional distance but working in an in to out swing has paid dividends!
Developed a nice draw swing and massive distance gains.
Pulled the club head more neutral with a shorter tee and LAUNCH!
Got my longest drive in years today. 335 and I was routinely over 300. Amazingly with far more accuracy than I ever had with my Callaway!
I am over the moon! Don't sleep on these drivers!
84ddf6fac52b88cbb7177db437951bec.jpg

Great to see the range work coming through onto the course.
The level of confidence I have being able to stand on a tee knowing I won't lose a tee shot is huge. Makes the game a lot easier.
I think as I dial this in, I may finally be able to get back to playing a similar level of golf as a few years ago.
Can't stress enough how good this ZX7 is. Once again, I never reached that bunker with my Rogue Sub Zero.
bb37be8fab7b053516c355d52446ac2b.jpg

Top is the ZX7 and bottom is the Rogue Sub Zero.
Not sure how much of it is tech but I can guarantee a lot of it is confidence to be able to go after it. The ZX7 certainly fills me with confidence.
Amazing driver, couldn't be happier.
e1195acc397682d01fefd9f1b08ad368.jpg

Most people change the shafts in these clubs… but I love this smoke black…

I am bombing this driver… disclaimer: (I just recently purchased this driver so I’m still in the honeymoon stage experienced by any new driver owner)…
I used to own the 786 with the hand crafted hazardous black and swinging that club against this ZX5 is like night and day… the 786 was like swinging a stop sign… and I hated the sound…

love everything about the ZX5 right now…

Won my first longest drive since 2017.
I don't think that would have been possible without this driver, really awakened me to a new swing and an extra 50+ yards.
I hit a beautiful low draw into the wind, a shot shape I've really been working hard on after years of high slices. Caught it absolutely perfect and nearly got onto the green.
After winning these so regularly it really felt good to finally get one again after years with driving troubles.
ad5888c0d669df16f53f625e100ba8c4.jpg
9e704fe2d5876a68e8a10b691f6730eb.jpg

Hello - is the ZX7 much more demanding than the ZX5?
Dont think I would get the added yardage from the ZX5, but do like the forgiveness factor.
If looking for forgiveness the ZX5 seems to be the way to go?
Thanking you in advance for the feedback.

Hello - is the ZX7 much more demanding than the ZX5?
Dont think I would get the added yardage from the ZX5, but do like the forgiveness factor.
If looking for forgiveness the ZX5 seems to be the way to go?
Thanking you in advance for the feedback.
I would try both and get fit if you can.
ZX7 suited me more despite looking for more forgiveness in general.

I know the golfer plays a roll in delivering the club to the ball, but this driver is borderline automatic. I hit 70% of my fairways today and the ones I don’t hit were crappy swings and nothing to do with the club.

what I love is that the distance is there along with dispersion and forgiveness. I hit a couple off the heel and got respectable distances.

On 18 tee the view is a bit intimidating and not much of a landing area. The more you aim right the more you have to carry. Aim left and it cuts down the carry, but out of bounds comes into play real quick. It’s also uphill the closer you get to the green. I took what I felt was a 215-220 carry line and I’m glad I did. I hit a good shot but it started to draw on me but I ended up ok. I ended up in the 245 total off the tee and carried it.

here’s a shot of the hole

1634940039800.jpeg

Last edited:
While I really enjoy the LIN-Q Purple, I’ve struggled to time it at times and have sacrificed dispersion because of it. I plugged in the Ventus A369C82A-7CA5-4795-9B64-EE65FFB2DA5E.jpegand immediately hit center more often and dispersion tightened up

Ignore the marks (range balls suck) but this was the result with the Ventus Blue

Well, the ZX 15* is on its way with an AD HD shaft. Should be a fun combo.

While I really enjoy the LIN-Q Purple, I’ve struggled to time it at times and have sacrificed dispersion because of it. I plugged in the Ventus View attachment 9040156and immediately hit center more often and dispersion tightened up

Ignore the marks (range balls suck) but this was the result with the Ventus Blue

Quoting myself here because yesterday proved the ZX5/Ventus Blue combo is here to stay. I hit a couple of off center shots, but dispersion stayed tight and gave me a chance to recover. What I like about this driver is that it's pretty neutral, but you can move the ball if you need to. A few times I needed to move the ball right to left and had no issues executing. Carry and overall distance is right there with my Mavrik and on well struck shots I have seen it go past those numbers by quite a bit.

Got out today for the first time with the 3w. First two swings off the tee were kind of rough but got it figured out for the last 3 off the tee, with those last 3 absolutely ideal--just needed to tee it up higher. Going from larger /deeper fairways, the ZX looks smaller to my eye. A playing partner noted that it looks like a 5w in terms of size.

Got out today for the first time with the 3w. First two swings off the tee were kind of rough but got it figured out for the last 3 off the tee, with those last 3 absolutely ideal--just needed to tee it up higher. Going from larger /deeper fairways, the ZX looks smaller to my eye. A playing partner noted that it looks like a 5w in terms of size.

It does set up just a wee bit small in comparison to some other fairways out there, but man.. Catch it and it just goes, and goes very far. Which means for you, it's probably still going :/

Back