Srixon ZX Series Info...

They are being released in other countries today embargo wise.

While we still can't speak to specifics and testing, per the North America embargo, we are glad people are getting a glimpse into what Srixon has coming.

The only thing we want to preface this with, this does not mean you should expect them in stores in the US shortly.

Thanks JB. Can’t wait to hear of your findings. They look awesome though and the promo video is very well done.....

well i watched the videos and they look nice. i think nice is kind of an understatement, their really good looking.

Another good looking set of irons from Srixon.

maybe it's the angle but the zx5 looks clunky

So many companies doing incredible work. Life IS a box of chocolates.

Nice to see the numbers on this upcoming release. One of the golf pros at my home course is sponsored by Srixon. I hit his Z785 irons with PX 6.0 shafts. I was impressed with the feel and lower ball flight. I expect these are a nice iteration forward. Unfortunately I don't have local access to anyone with fitting for Srixon. I would love to add these to my short list for new irons.

So... is that ZX5 like a hollow bodied iron or something?(y)

maybe it's the angle but the zx5 looks clunky
I thought so too, and I do think it's the angle of that photo. Watched the video, and other pics on the UK site, pretty good looking club.

I find it odd that different areas have different embargo dates, I understand the release schedule difference, but you'd think information would be available across all areas at the same time. I don't think the clubs are any different, right?

Right now these would be the only irons that could get me to move out of my Apex CF19s

I find it odd that different areas have different embargo dates, I understand the release schedule difference, but you'd think information would be available across all areas at the same time. I don't think the clubs are any different, right?

We can't speak to any of the club info currently, but I can say that it's both uncommon in the past, but won't be in the future for at least messaging. You will see 1-2 other companies release elsewhere and then release at retail here later.

I like the look overall. But, I think the ZX7 is a bit of a regression in looks. They had it right with the Z745, 65, and even the 85 even though it started going away from that sharp angle that I liked so much. This is pretty busy in the cavity. The ZX5 looks much better than the Z585 though to me.

No doubt they'll play great. They're Srixon irons after all. Curious if we'll see a Z Forged refresh and if it'll follow these aesthetically. I really hope so as I didn't care for the wavy muscle on that one.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to hit both these and the JPX 921 forged. I think I like the look of the ZX5 a little better than the 921 Forged. This is going to be fun.......

So... is that ZX5 like a hollow bodied iron or something?(y)
i think the utilities have a hollow head.
the zx7 is a tour blade like
the zx5 is a more cavity back head for everyday joes like myself
the 7 and 5 do not have a hollow back like say the z565 did though
im wanting to see more of these irons though its exciting

It will be interesting to see what pros put into play. I know many still use the 745’s. The guy in the promo was American...I wonder if this was supposed to be released here first and logistics have monkeyed that up.

a lot going on in the cavities of these irons. i'm looking forward to hearing what thp has to tell us about weight distribution, changes in the sole grind, etc. I know I played my best golf ever with z565. i'm not in the market for new irons, but I would sure like to at least hit these. that said, the woods do nothing for me at least visually.

a lot going on in the cavities of these irons. i'm looking forward to hearing what thp has to tell us about weight distribution, changes in the sole grind, etc. I know I played my best golf ever with z565. i'm not in the market for new irons, but I would sure like to at least hit these. that said, the woods do nothing for me at least visually.

While not a fan of split releases by region, I am glad that THPers are getting a glimpse of these from better images than the USGA because they are great looking.

Not a fan of how these look. I know I am probably in minority, but I feel like srixon in the looks department have gone backwards every year since the Z745/945 series.

I think they look modern and beautiful. Definitely seems like the brand is primed to attract more mainstream success after some fantastic product of late.

Back