Srixon ZX Utility Iron Review

FILTHY.

Windy day, put the 20 into the bag in place of the 22 Sim Max Hybo, and she was a beast today. The think flirts with my 5w set at 18.25.

FILTHY.

Windy day, put the 20 into the bag in place of the 22 Sim Max Hybo, and she was a beast today. The think flirts with my 5w set at 18.25.

This is music to my ears. 🔥

More swings. More of the feeling that this one is special, and I truly mean that. I cannot get over the speed I’m seeing, but it’s still a flight I want and strive for in this spot. Plus, I can WORK it up, down, left, and right.

Can’t decide if I want the 18 or stick with the 20

The X Forged has been doing good work for me, but this one's prettier, and I have a feeling a 20* will gap nicely for me. Very nicely. I'm anxious.

Giving one of these away RIGHT NOW with the Off Course thread and podcast.
It would be incredible if Noelle were to pull my name for this one, definitely have my fingers crossed.

@Jman .....is the ZU your leading utility in terms of performance vs all the other utilities you’ve had the fortune to test? I played the U85 and really like it but spun it too high so a lot of times would go high then drop out of sky. Wonder if the latest model is in your opinion has the characteristics for a high spin player. Thoughts?

@Jman .....is the ZU your leading utility in terms of performance vs all the other utilities you’ve had the fortune to test? I played the U85 and really like it but spun it too high so a lot of times would go high then drop out of sky. Wonder if the latest model is in your opinion has the characteristics for a high spin player. Thoughts?
I’ve mentioned it in here a bit as well as in the article but this is in no way a rehash if the 85. Smaller profile, tungsten low/sole, mainframe absolutely generates more ball speed than any of their previous utilities. Where in the past, imo, Srixon utilities were precision instruments more than anything, with the spin and launch being a large part of that, the new ZXU has got some sheer POWER behind it. It’s still a workable club, but imo it’s now much more versatile as it’s capable of being that lower flighted and higher speed driving iron as well as a club that’s playable off the turf and into greens.

How does this compare size wise to the u500? Blade length, top line and offset comparisons if you have the titleist please, Jman?

How does this compare size wise to the u500? Blade length, top line and offset comparisons if you have the titleist please, Jman?
Shorter, thinner, less offset, and about 1,000,000 percent better looking and feeling than the PING...and I may be short selling that.

I don’t have any experience with the Titleist to compare, sorry!

Shorter, thinner, less offset, and about 1,000,000 percent better looking and feeling than the PING...and I may be short selling that.

I don’t have any experience with the Titleist to compare, sorry!

Thanks for that. How does the srixon compare with the mizuno hmb size and performance wise?

Hit 4 different utilities today and the srixon 85 was my favorite by far. This thread has me thinking I should wait to purchase it though....

As usual @Jman, my wallet hates you, but I'm now super intrigued by this club. Definitely going to try to find one to hit once they're available, even if it's just to prove to myself that I don't have the game for it.

After hitting a 3i about 427 times today I was thinking about this bad boy and realized we haven't heard anything for a bit. Can we get an update on the continued awesomeness of it @Jman ? Turf versatility, wind conditions excellence, makes the other clubs in the bag look like hideous monsters, I'll take anything to keep up the anticipation!

I like everything about this UT. This one looks fantastic at setup!

After hitting a 3i about 427 times today I was thinking about this bad boy and realized we haven't heard anything for a bit. Can we get an update on the continued awesomeness of it @Jman ? Turf versatility, wind conditions excellence, makes the other clubs in the bag look like hideous monsters, I'll take anything to keep up the anticipation!
Weather and holidays have had me at home. But, I stand by all my comments thusfar, it’s a 🔥 thrower.

As usual @Jman, my wallet hates you, but I'm now super intrigued by this club. Definitely going to try to find one to hit once they're available, even if it's just to prove to myself that I don't have the game for it.
So so so so so good.

How would you rate this against the new callaway ut iron? looks, feel,performance, distance,flight etc.

Love the looks of the new ZX and I can't wait to put one of these in my bag!
Are you finally bumping the Titleist? I know many UT's have tried to climb that mountain and been beaten back down the path.

Are you finally bumping the Titleist? I know many UT's have tried to climb that mountain and been beaten back down the path.

Lol, I’d love to find something with newer tech. I have tried driving irons from Ping, Adams, Callaway, Tour Exotics, Srixon, Taylormade, Mizuno, and an Epic forged 4 iron. None have been able to bump the old 503h for more than about 5 rounds. My favorite of the bunch is the Srixon U65 but the shaft isn’t as easy to flight down. I’m hopeful that this new one from Srixon will be the one especially if I can get the shaft right!

I can't wait to see this. The u85 was a much larger profile than I liked, but I had to admit it performed really well.

Mainframe face and including Tungsten for CG manipulation in a smaller package has me very interested to at least test out.

I ❤️ triangular boxes 📦

ACEB3C13-12C0-4011-A6B0-2473CCE188E5.jpeg

Chasing the above post, in for review is 18 degrees of sexy chromed ballistic projectile launching awesomeness. I'll post pictures when better daylight is available. First impressions in hand... nothing but signature Srixon good looks. It has a slightly narrower sole and back profile that are exactly what I would have asked for in an update in the U85, if only for better visuals at address. More soon.

Chasing the above post, in for review is 18 degrees of sexy chromed ballistic projectile launching awesomeness. I'll post pictures when better daylight is available. First impressions in hand... nothing but signature Srixon good looks. It has a slightly narrower sole and back profile that are exactly what I would have asked for in an update in the U85, if only for better visuals at address. More soon.
Buckle up.

🚀🚀🚀🚀

Have fun!

Back