Srixon ZX Utility Iron Review

Chasing the above post, in for review is 18 degrees of sexy chromed ballistic projectile launching awesomeness. I'll post pictures when better daylight is available. First impressions in hand... nothing but signature Srixon good looks. It has a slightly narrower sole and back profile that are exactly what I would have asked for in an update in the U85, if only for better visuals at address. More soon.

Stock setup?

So.Many.Questions.

This is the sleeper of the Srixon iron release this year. Eyes are flocking to the ZX irons, and they’re good, but this utility is special.

I finally got some time to take some picture of the new ZX Utility that I received courtesy of Srixon and The OffCourse podcast :love:. I was sent a 2 utility in 18* loft with UST Mayima Recoil 95 F4 (Stiff) shaft. Right out of the box it is a beautiful looking club. It is slimmer and more purposeful in appearance that its predecessor, and it is an improvement to my eye.

The head is more compact, about 2-3mm shorter in blade length, and with a significantly narrower sole that the U85 series. From address, the back of the head does not extend as far behind the top line, and while there is still and appearance of forgiveness, overall its a slimmer look.

I will venture to the golf store soon to get some swings in. I am looking forward to hitting it!

thumbnail_IMG_8936.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8941.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8939.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8946.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8948.jpg

Looks fantastic.

I finally got some time to take some picture of the new ZX Utility that I received courtesy of Srixon and The OffCourse podcast :love:. I was sent a 2 utility in 18* loft with UST Mayima Recoil 95 F4 (Stiff) shaft. Right out of the box it is a beautiful looking club. It is slimmer and more purposeful in appearance that its predecessor, and it is an improvement to my eye.

The head is more compact, about 2-3mm shorter in blade length, and with a significantly narrower sole that the U85 series. From address, the back of the head does not extend as far behind the top line, and while there is still and appearance of forgiveness, overall its a slimmer look.

I will venture to the golf store soon to get some swings in. I am looking forward to hitting it!

View attachment 8980693View attachment 8980695View attachment 8980694View attachment 8980696View attachment 8980697

glad you are playing a yellow ball. I think it would be hard to find a yellow one in all that white stuff.. .

glad you are playing a yellow ball. I think it would be hard to find a yellow one in all that white stuff.. .

And its a Utility, so its good from snowy lies ;)

This club is going to blow the minds of utility fans this year.

I saw it and fell in love. I did not get to hit it though.. 😢😢

Looks great!

View attachment 8980693View attachment 8980695View attachment 8980694View attachment 8980696View attachment 8980697
jeez that looks really good.

Here are a couple more next to the prior model U85. Both 18*. The ZX has a cleaner top line and less chunkiness in back. ZX on the Left.

thumbnail_IMG_8949.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8956.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8958.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8960.jpg

Wow that is a major departure from the chunky U*5 line.

Looks real sharp and has been on a diet. Makes me now second guess the Callaway X forged UT i just picked up. If it goes as hard as it looks then its a real winner.

Looks real sharp and has been on a diet. Makes me now second guess the Callaway X forged UT i just picked up. If it goes as hard as it looks then its a real winner.
Oh they do. Check out the review in the first post. (y) 🔥

@GraniteRoost is that a slightly thinner sole on the new ZX as well? Looks like it from your pics above

I will be watching this with interest as I have the 18° ZU85 in my bag with the UST Recoil 95 F4 shaft, so seeing any differences for you between them will give me a clue as to what I might expect to see if I was to change

The utility iron continues to be one of the hottest club categories out there. With advances in materials and design, the playability has come up to where it isn’t just Tour players who can benefit from them. Whether being used as a driving iron or a long iron replacement, their popularity continues to grow.

While Srixon has produced some extremely popular models through the years, there has always been some give and take. This year, they believe they have checked all of the boxes with tech, looks, and performance all rolled into one.

The ZX Utility is coming, and not only do we at THP have all the design info for you, we were also lucky enough to get one in hand for a workout. Let’s take a closer look.

Continue reading...
For those who are more curious about how the profile has changed...

This may be a buy and try for me. Dunno if I have the game for it but I'm super intrigued.

👀 👀
472006D5-0168-43FF-9B13-2D5D9A1B821F.jpeg

Been waiting for your updates! And then you drop this, nice!! How's the consistency been for you?

Been waiting for your updates! And then you drop this, nice!! How's the consistency been for you?

Three comments:
1) This thing feels impossibly good off center. :love:
2) This feels feels improbably good halfway off the grooves out on the toe :oops:
3) I have no business hitting a 2i 110ft. in the air off the deck. But it happened. On demand. 🤯

Just got home, more comments soon.

Three comments:
1) This thing feels impossibly good off center. :love:
2) This feels feels improbably good halfway off the grooves out on the toe :oops:
3) I have no business hitting a 2i 110ft. in the air off the deck. But it happened. On demand. 🤯

Just got home, more comments soon.

Back