Srixon ZX Utility Iron Review

I saw this in hand today and they look awesome. Too bad my ball striking isn’t good enough to get consistent results. Back down the hybo road for me.
I think it might surprise you.

But you’re right, definitely not going to be nearly as forgiving as a hybrid.

I think it might surprise you.

But you’re right, definitely not going to be nearly as forgiving as a hybrid.

It was a shame cause I took 4 or 5 swings with it off the deck/a small tee and I just couldn’t get many decent strikes. The couple I did get went well with decent distance but the off centre ones just killed me. The look behind the ball was just WOW tho.

@gkeller813 this is funny. Here are my numbers from last February when I bought my Callaway Mavrik 3h in 18* that I gamed all this past year.

ClubBall SpeedLaunch AngleBackspinSidespinTilt AngleTotal SpinCarryTotalDescent AnglePeak Height
Mav 3hMPH°RPMRPM°RPMYDSYDS°FT
Average
142​
11.5​
3662​
-153​
-3.1​
3685​
223​
240.2​
40.3​
89.6​
Std. Dev.
1.3​
0.5​
523​
377​
5.9​
517​
7.6​
9.4​
1.6​
3.4​

Test data a year apart, but the Utility is holding it's own, actually launching higher and coming in steeper. Maybe I should hit those two back to back now :unsure:
I missed this one before. Very interesting the data between the 2. I'd love to have the higher launch aspect of the utility to help hold greens. Were you able to hit them back to back? Would love to see the difference in dispersion as well!

So who is ordering one of these beauties today? I am pretty darn impressed with the 2i... makes me want to spend some time with the 3 and/or 4 as well TBH.

I missed this one before. Very interesting the data between the 2. I'd love to have the higher launch aspect of the utility to help hold greens. Were you able to hit them back to back? Would love to see the difference in dispersion as well!

I have not hit them back to back yet. That will be a fun session when I can work it in.

I can’t say it enough, these are 🔥

I can’t say it enough, these are 🔥

Definitely looking forward to demo'ing one next week. Love that recoil 95 is stock too. Leading contender for the 4 spot in my bag at the moment.

Definitely looking forward to demo'ing one next week. Love that recoil 95 is stock too. Leading contender for the 4 spot in my bag at the moment.
They’re COMPLETE utilities, nothing is lacking. Not generating the buzz they deserve imo

So many good clubs out there, so little time...

Took that quote from a woman I dated ... her eyes would sparkle, and she'd say, So many men, so little time. I soon broke up with her... :ROFLMAO:

I’m going to pre order tomorrow. I’m not sure if I should go 18 or 20 degree. I really wonder if I have enough launch to maximize the 18 degree.

If the mail would just un**** itself, I'd already have one of mine in play. And would have used it like 10 times today. The day is coming though. I sent my X Forged UT home with someone today, so he will love it and buy it, and keep me from having to make any bag decisions between them.

20210107_134817.jpg20210107_134907.jpg

Hello gorgeous.

You will play this hole tomorrow, and we will both enjoy it...

If the mail would just un**** itself, I'd already have one of mine in play. And would have used it like 10 times today. The day is coming though. I sent my X Forged UT home with someone today, so he will love it and buy it, and keep me from having to make any bag decisions between them.
love to hear your thoughts on a comparison between the Callaway UT and Srixon ZX. Both genuine contenders for a top spot in the bag (18degree) but until April I cant get out to try any. I'm living vicariously through you!! dont let me down :)

It took me too long to remember to place the order, but it’s ordered.

I missed that you acquired one of these. Well done. How's it going?
Good, but it's waiting on a stouter recoil that has been Covid USPS'd to no end. Had some good shots today despite that. Too early for real returns yet.

Good, but it's waiting on a stouter recoil that has been Covid USPS'd to no end. Had some good shots today despite that. Too early for real returns yet.
I was really hoping that it would be here by now (really unrealistic, I know) but I’m really excited to see if it can unseat my F9 off the tee.

love to hear your thoughts on a comparison between the Callaway UT and Srixon ZX. Both genuine contenders for a top spot in the bag (18degree) but until April I cant get out to try any. I'm living vicariously through you!! dont let me down :)

I have both and have just one session apiece on them. The XForged UT is a 4i and the ZX is a 2i. Honestly, off the bat I feel like they are pretty competitive with each other. Both have similar blade length and shape, the Srixon has perhaps a little wider sole with different grind. Both show a small amount of the back of the club behind the top line at address, and IMO both look great. Both have pretty fast faces, launch easily, and from a first outing have similar overall levels of forgiveness. Both feel very, very good.

It's a can't go wrong choice. I hit the X Forged UT in 2i at the golf store and got very similar numbers to what I got with the ZX. I've got more time with the Callaway on course, and really liked it. It may well come down to personal taste and brand loyalty. I would need more time with each to really parse out the differences.

Here are some pictures of the ZX Utility and X Forged for @funkysi . Subtle differences in shaping and so on but similar in overall size and playing experience.

91F3BEAC-2149-408B-95B5-FDDC1754CE04.jpeg1D537E19-3F0E-4511-B632-86EA6247F07F.jpegB438952E-D028-4603-8A42-B392F5B404FC.jpeg

These are the 3i's duking it out for me right now.

20210115_202828.jpg20210115_202850.jpg20210115_202910.jpg
20210115_204126.jpg
20210115_203342.jpg

Was already taking them before you posted yours @GraniteRoost . Not trying to steal any thunder man. Just have them in kind of the same loft.

Also have my beloved P770 in the mix, but it's not near the size of these.

Last edited:
Just ordered the ZX Utility 3 iron with a Graphite Design Tour AD-Di 95x. Super excited to get it in!

I had this sitting out on the carpet last night while I was rolling putts. After watching the THP showcase all week I am completely ready to shred some golf balls. Anyway, I had an X Forged utility sitting next to it. And while both are fantastic looking clubs, the Srixon plain looks like its going 200mph while sitting still. The polished finish just draws me in, like looking at a sports car. It screams, "drive me".

I can't wait to get some course time with this.

Back