Watching the Instagram video now. Love the fact that the sound of each carries over from ZX4 to the ZX5 and ZX7. Thinking that, if I were to get into Srixon again, I'd go ZX5, I think now I have to think about a ZX4 in the 4i and 5i, then ZX5 thru to PW. Having the Mainframe tech is both those irons giving you high ball speed sounds great, as long as I can retain the accuracy I saw with my old 565/765 set.

The only thing I don't care for is the look of the ZX4. The 5 and 7 look nearly identical on the face, and it's a look I really enjoy, but the 4 really sticks out. Maybe not a big deal, but something I noticed.

Also, V sole FTW! Give me such clean contact through a variety of lies. Should never be underestimated.
They are LONG. I was hitting them further than the Callaway Apex DCB. :oops:

That's nuts. Srixon seems to have something with the Mainframe Tech. It's an interesting evolution to their line-up adding these ZX4's, and a departure from previous iterations. With that said, it broadens the target audience that will look at Srixon irons, which is a good thing for golfers and Srixon because they make great irons that need to be played by more people.

Depending on club, loft (and thus ball speed) is a part of that, right? From what I've seen, these launch crazy high too. That's a fun combo. I think I'd probably go with something like these in a long iron setup if I put a Srixon set together. But the short irons look surprisingly good.

Depending on club, loft (and thus ball speed) is a part of that, right? From what I've seen, these launch crazy high too. That's a fun combo. I think I'd probably go with something like these in a long iron setup if I put a Srixon set together. But the short irons look surprisingly good.

The short irons are what interest me the most. Really want to see how playable and consistent they are for me. I have faith that the long and mid irons are monsters.

These appear to be a really nice, more forgiving, option to the Z Utility iron. I could see putting a 3 or 4 in the bag instead of a utility or hybrid. They'd blend nicely with more compact hollow irons like 790s or FTs, or the Zx5 if you stay in the family. Another 3 tier combo set, perhaps.

The short irons are what interest me the most. Really want to see how playable and consistent they are for me. I have faith that the long and mid irons are monsters.

The UHX surprised me in that regard. That was a really nice set from a progression standpoint. These to me look similar.

I'm a bit scarred on wide soles, especially with something like the V-sole after we had a complete burnout this year though. Not a plush lie to be found up here in MA.

The UHX surprised me in that regard. That was a really nice set from a progression standpoint. These to me look similar.

I'm a bit scarred on wide soles, especially with something like the V-sole after we had a complete burnout this year though. Not a plush lie to be found up here in MA.
That’s part of my Vsole love, they kick ass on any lie. I wouldn’t let the width bother you, the trail relief from the V is legit.

Oh ohhhh...

That’s part of my Vsole love, they kick ass on any lie. I wouldn’t let the width bother you, the trail relief from the V is legit.
See, I'd been favoring the Apex 21, but really liked what I'd been hearing of the turf interaction with the ZXen. Now comes the ZX4.

I'ma gonna have fun at the fitter's come May or June, I think :D

Nice write up Dean!

Day 2 of seriously kicking myself, wish I would've waited a little longer to at least at least at minimal taken a look at these..
The irons I have coming and then these would give me two different options of two hollow body irons that are different and playable.
UGH!

In the hollow body segment I would say these lag behind in terms of looks, but might slant more towards the SGI vs. player's profile that the Cobras and P770s may get into. Not for me aesthetically.

I struggled with the V sole on firm lies when I played them - I'm shallow into the ball and don't take much of a divot to begin with. Not to say they haven't made changes to the design that might be better there, but I bladed a LOT of balls when the ground was firm with the V-sole.

Tomorrow Noelle from Srixon will be on Off Course talking about new gear and more. Its a pretty fascinating interview.

Tomorrow Noelle from Srixon will be on Off Course talking about new gear and more. Its a pretty fascinating interview.
Sounds like a good Friday listen! Always enjoy Noelle and her talk on Cleveland/Srixon.

Man I can't wait to see these in person. Was talking about them last night with someone. Just think they are going to be rocket launchers, which has me kind of giddy.

This is a set I want to look at. I've never had 2 sets 2 play before, these would be it, this would be a set I'd review and battle my others with.

Man I can't wait to see these in person. Was talking about them last night with someone. Just think they are going to be rocket launchers, which has me kind of giddy.
Pre-order set for Monday. My 5 iron slot is waiting for this ZX4 beauty.

Pre-order set for Monday. My 5 iron slot is waiting for this ZX4 beauty.

I'm considering the same. I love my PING 410 4H (200 yard). I love my ZX5 6-iron (170). But my 5-iron is an iffy club for me. If I had a club that split the difference with the same amount of confidence. It seems like the ZX4 may be a good fit. Though it sounds really hot. And with a loft close to my 4H, I worry that it may be too hot.

I'm considering the same. I love my PING 410 4H (200 yard). I love my ZX5 6-iron (170). But my 5-iron is an iffy club for me. If I had a club that split the difference with the same amount of confidence. It seems like the ZX4 may be a good fit. Though it sounds really hot. And with a loft close to my 4H, I worry that it may be too hot.
I am weakening the 5 iron 2* for gapping.

B4AAC8FE-AC15-4BD9-AE43-FB13BB155950.jpeg233159F4-DBDE-4606-9ACA-BB78424F83ED.jpeg067A0E73-50E5-4A10-AD42-9125475A6F0F.jpegA20CC55D-A272-4F7F-9002-91E4F897AFA6.jpeg
Next to a RAD Speed

I put my order for a 5i in this morning. Looking forward to putting this one in that slot. Should be the last club that I buy for awhile.

I put my order for a 5i in this morning. Looking forward to putting this one in that slot. Should be the last club that I buy for awhile.

Nice dude. Can't wait to hear how it works out for you once it arrives.

I back to backed my UHX 6 Iron to the ZX4 6 Iron and gained 6mph ball speed they are legit.

Was reading the home page article and was a little confused. Are these fully forged or just a forged face ?

Back