The distance is going to be golfer specific. If you are a high spin player then the ZX4 5 iron will be closer to your hybrid in total distance. It removes a bit more spin the the ZX5 does shot for shot for most people and the higher launch will carry it farther. However the extra handle length on your hybrid and the fact that they already are lower spin then most iron counterparts means it should go farther when both are hit on the Sweet spot.
Good information, still waiting on my 5 iron. Hoping it magically appears on my doorstep soon.

I got my fedex notification. ZX4 should be here on Monday. Glad I preordered it otherwise I might have gotten it at the end of the season.

I play a full set of Zx4. I'm getting a club more distance and better feel than the Ping G425 irons. Also the Zx4 have the same if not more forgiveness especially in the long irons. Fantastic set of clubs.

I play a full set of Zx4. I'm getting a club more distance and better feel than the Ping G425 irons. Also the Zx4 have the same if not more forgiveness especially in the long irons. Fantastic set of clubs.

I’ve only got a 6i in the ZX4 so I can’t speak for the short irons. From what I’ve seen next to my G425’s the ZX4 are way more forgiving

This five iron goes a long ways. I am loving the versatility.

Got my ZX4 4i to the range today along with ZX5 5i and a couple of ZX7 short irons. The ZX4 is like cheating - just straight and long, either off a tee or off the deck. Longer than the ZX5 5i but not crazy longer so gapping isn’t an issue. Nice trajectory too, not low stingers. Yes, you see the junk in the trunk but certainly a great alternative to a driving iron if you want something with 21* loft.

I’ve only got a 6i in the ZX4 so I can’t speak for the short irons. From what I’ve seen next to my G425’s the ZX4 are way more forgiving
Wow music to my ears. I was considering the 425s over the ZX4s
Now narrowed down to the ZX4 and the Ping 710s

I have always wanted a spare set of clubs to switch in and out with. These are very high on my list.

Hello - Has anyone compared these to the Ping i710s? I read the ZX4's are more forgiving than the 425s, but havent read anything on a comparison on the 710s. Thank you

Saw these at golf galaxy and to me they almost looked like hybrid clubs.

We have a video coming up on these irons that is unreal. The amount of distance being seen, while getting this type of launch angle, descent, etc is crazy.

We have a video coming up on these irons that is unreal. The amount of distance being seen, while getting this type of launch angle, descent, etc is crazy.
I’ll be curious on this one. All the reviews I’ve come across show lower than anticipated launch.
in my testing they hit what I normally see from stronger lofted irons.

I’ll be curious on this one. All the reviews I’ve come across show lower than anticipated launch.
in my testing they hit what I normally see from stronger lofted irons.
That is pretty shocking I guess, but I don't see too many others. We have had a lot of people hit these and have not seen lower launch and I hope people are not reviewing and "assuming" based on loft.

I'm excited to see this.

That is pretty shocking I guess, but I don't see too many others. We have had a lot of people hit these and have not seen lower launch and I hope people are not reviewing and "assuming" based on loft.
How’s the spin on them ? Are they achieving the distance with high launch and low spin ?

How’s the spin on them ? Are they achieving the distance with high launch and low spin ?

Full video coming soon with tons of data and a breakdown.

I won’t spoil the video that we’ll have up soon, and will of course be glad to answer any questions after it goes live, but man - I’m already letting the idea of these in the long irons bounce around in my head.

Great stuff. REALLY fun to hit.

I won’t spoil the video that we’ll have up soon, and will of course be glad to answer any questions after it goes live, but man - I’m already letting the idea of these in the long irons bounce around in my head.

Great stuff. REALLY fun to hit.

Very strong chance that I'll be adding a ZX4 4-iron to my ZX arsenal.

Anyone compare these to the Hogan Edge EX irons?

EDGE EX has more offset, but less loft. I will try to get some blade measurements for you.

The Srixon's are a good bit stronger in the mid irons and a little less in the short irons
Yeah, I should have said EDGE EX has more offset and are weaker lofted.

Back