Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

So what you're saying is I almost was able to buy a used set of zx5 dirt cheap :). Glad you figured it out. I have a slow build out of the zx-5's and the u-85 utilizes and love them.

What’s a slow build out?

Gamer Bag:
:ping: G425 SFT 10.5° Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 SFT 5w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 SFT 7w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 Max 9w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: Blueprint red dot 4-PW Recoil 95 F3 shafts
:cleveland: RTX Zipcores 50° 56° & 60° wedges with Recoil 95 F3 shafts
:taylormade: TM2 Truss 35"

The 2nd String:
:ping: G SFT 10° driver Alta R Flex Shaft
:Srixon: ZX5 5-PW Recoil 95 F3 Shafts
:ping: G410 2 Hybrid Tensei Blue R Flex Shaft
:ping: G425 4 Hybrid Alta CB R Flex Shaft
:Taylormade: Tour Spider 35”

The Shelf:
:xxio: Nine 6-AW SR Flex mp 1000 shafts
:odyssey: Works Versa 7H CS 34”

That's where you look at used club prices and your jaw drops. I have been buying a club at a time, some used (mint), some new. All at heavy discounts. I have several hobbies and need to watch my sheckles. 🤣

Ahh ok I see now. This would work out well for club manufacturers that don’t stamp serial numbers on the clubs. It would kill my ocd if they were stamped with serial numbers though haha. If you decide you need a ZX7 5&6 iron head let me know and I’ll sell you a couple.

Gamer Bag:

The 2nd String:

The Shelf:

I am absolutely loving the zx7’s more and more. Played my 5th round with them on Monday and I am starting to get them dialed in and understanding low point a little better. The turf interaction and feel at impact is top notch! Outstanding irons!

My ZX5's with the Recoil's arrived in 10 days. I ordered them on the 9th and arrived on the 20th! Amazing!
I had ordered Ping's in July and was advised in October they would come in Jan or Feb.
So glad I had the issue with Ping as it had me return to Srixon.
Have played them from the 506's to the ZStar and the full 500 series.
The ZX5s are hard to beat for the money when you factor all aspects of distance, feel, forgiveness, club appeal and brand customer service.
Staying with Srixon....

Anyone here have a chance to hit the new Mizuno Pro 225 and compare feel to the ZX5? These 2 along with the T200 are on my shortlist for my next iron set.

129mph ball speed with the ZX7 this morning off a flush 7i. That is pretty spicy territory for me. ZX7 still have it.

Ahh ok I see now. This would work out well for club manufacturers that don’t stamp serial numbers on the clubs. It would kill my ocd if they were stamped with serial numbers though haha. If you decide you need a ZX7 5&6 iron head let me know and I’ll sell you a couple.

Gamer Bag:

The 2nd String:

The Shelf:
At my age I know I need the Forgiveness of the fives. I wish I was good enough for the sevens

My ZX5's with the Recoil's arrived in 10 days. I ordered them on the 9th and arrived on the 20th! Amazing!
I had ordered Ping's in July and was advised in October they would come in Jan or Feb.
The ZX5s are hard to beat for the money when you factor all aspects of distance, feel, forgiveness, club appeal and brand customer service.
Staying with Srixon....
Other than golf balls I didn't know Srixon made irons until I joined the site early this year. And read up on the ZXs. So glad I did I just adore the feel of these clubs, not much further than my Ping Zings but good God what a great feel

Staying with Srixon....

That’s promising. Maybe mine will show up here soon. Ordered on the 8th.

Staying with Srixon....

You get them with recoil 95 shafts?

Gamer Bag:

The 2nd String:

The Shelf:

Anyone here have a chance to hit the new Mizuno Pro 225 and compare feel to the ZX5? These 2 along with the T200 are on my shortlist for my next iron set.
Those are 3 pretty dang different feeling irons to me. I'm sure some wouldn't care either way if one performed best for them, but if it's something you really notice, it's going to be pretty personal between those.

Those are 3 pretty dang different feeling irons to me. I'm sure some wouldn't care either way if one performed best for them, but if it's something you really notice, it's going to be pretty personal between those.
As a current fan of how the ZX5 preform for me….the comparison to the 225 peaks my interest.
How’s the spin? More? Less?

of course what’s the feels difference?

Last edited:
As a curry fan of how the ZX5 preform for me….the comparison to the 225 peaks my interest.
How’s the spin? More? Less?

of course what’s the feels difference?
I would have to go hit the ZX5 to compare. The numbers aren't fresh enough in my mind. I'm sure someone is putting them up against each other that plays the ZX5. I'd be curious myself. I hadn't even thought of comparing the ZX7 to 223 really until someone mentioned it, and I want to do that a 2nd time to confirm the numbers I got.

I hate talking feeeels with people who haven't hit them.. lol I have strong feelings about one of them. 😕 I like the other 2 though, and one more than the other. ZX5 have a well deserved reputation, and the 225 are really impressive.

Last edited:
I would have to go hit the ZX5 to compare. The numbers aren't fresh enough in my mind. I'm sure someone is putting them up against each other that plays the ZX5. I'd be curious myself. I hadn't even thought of comparing the ZX7 to 223 really until someone mentioned it, and I want to do that a 2nd time to confirm the numbers I got.

I hate talking feeeels with people who haven't hit them.. lol I have strong feelings about one of them. 😕 I like the other 2 though, and one more than the other. ZX5 have a week deserved reputation, and the 225 are really impressive.
That’s fair.
I like my ZX5. Do they feel like the PTxPro…no. But they work.

225…..maybe

I’ll win a slot in the Victory cup and get to test them all in making a choice.

That’s fair.
I like my ZX5. Do they feel like the PTxPro…no. But they work.

225…..maybe

I’ll win a slot in the Victory cup and get to test them all in making a choice.

Yes, let's Victory Cup for answers. I'm in.

If I get in ..

Well I ordered a set of these yesterday from my fitting, 5-GW with Modus3 130 stiff! We'll see how long it takes. I was planning on a couple months but sounds like you guys are getting them much quicker, so maybe I won't have to wait as long as I thought.

They were absolutely looking like game changers in my fitting. Here's hoping the performance translates!

Last edited:
Well I ordered a set of these yesterday from my fitting, 5-GW with Modus3 130 stuff! We'll see how long it takes. I was planning on a couple months but sounds like you guys are getting them much quicker, so maybe I won't have to wait as long as I thought.

They were absolutely looking like game changers in my fitting. Here's hoping the performance translates!
Love it man! I freaking love my Modus 130s - great shafts!

Love it man! I freaking love my Modus 130s - great shafts!

I never would have guessed in a million years I'd fit into a 130g shaft... But I guess that's why we get fitted! They felt really smooth and I don't really feel the weight compared to something like Dynamic Gold.

Was just fit into and ordered a set of ZX7 5-W Dynamic Gold 120 X100. Excited to become a Srixon iron trajer. First time with X stiff so excited to slap the ball around once we can golf in MN again :ROFLMAO:

Back