Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Was just fit into and ordered a set of ZX7 5-W Dynamic Gold 120 X100. Excited to become a Srixon iron trajer. First time with X stiff so excited to slap the ball around once we can golf in MN again :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy them.

I never would have guessed in a million years I'd fit into a 130g shaft... But I guess that's why we get fitted! They felt really smooth and I don't really feel the weight compared to something like Dynamic Gold.
You'll get addicted to the feel on course. When do they come?

Was just fit into and ordered a set of ZX7 5-W Dynamic Gold 120 X100. Excited to become a Srixon iron trajer. First time with X stiff so excited to slap the ball around once we can golf in MN again :ROFLMAO:

They're soooo goood. Congrats on the new set!!

Srixon CS said my ZX7's will ship by the end of the week... She sounded like she believed it, too.

Srixon CS said my ZX7's will ship by the end of the week... She sounded like she believed it, too.
When did you order them? Curious how long mine might take if just ordered today. Said like 4-8 weeks potentially

You'll get addicted to the feel on course. When do they come?

The estimated ship date from Srixon right now is 2/21...

cartman-cmon.gif

Right in time for better weather.

Srixon is really good with custom orders. My ZX5s took 10 days and were spot on.
Same when I ordered my ZX4's that was also two weeks. Good luck and stay safe.

I've had a few weeks off from swinging clubs due to the holidays. Tomorrow I will get back into my 2-3 times per week of sim time. At the end of 2021 a mighty competitor showed up (t100s), but the ZX7 stood tall and remained my gamer. Feel, flight, forgiveness for my miss tendencies, turf feel, etc. work for me. :cool:

I will, of course, review that bag battle (geek alert) and include some new challengers (looking at you Mizuno pro 223), but it will take a lot of knock the ZX7s from the throne, esp. given my expensive interest in revamping the top of the bag.

That said, my ZX7 set needs some tweaks. I need a gap wedge and something in the 4i spot. 4i spot is the biggest priority. I am thinking either ZX5 or ZX utility 4/23. A hybrid is possible too. Gap wedge is more about shaft. I picked up 58 and 54 SM8 wedges with steelfiber i110 to go with the i95's in my irons set. I love how those feel. I think I will either grab an SM8 or maybe a zipcore. edit to add: the t100s set gap wedge is fantastic. It has changed my view of what I want. I might just use it. IDK. Need to test with the set.

Last edited:
You guys, and the fact that there's ice on my truck and everything just looks like pain, are making me want to take the ZX7 out. I've been trying to stick with the same shaft/feel setup while dealing with the bad back though. That's been variable enough. I've concluded that I just can't sell them though, so I may have to just do a swap and put them back into the rotation.

Gap wedge is more about shaft. I picked up 58 and 54 SM8 wedges with steelfiber i110 to go with the i95's in my irons set. I love how those feel. I think I will either grab an SM8 or maybe a zipcore. edit to add: the t100s set gap wedge is fantastic. It has changed my view of what I want. I might just use it. IDK. Need to test with the set.

Serious question, what is there to gain by having a heavier graphite shaft in the wedges than what your iron set has?

Gamer Bag:
:ping: G425 SFT 10.5° Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 SFT 5w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 SFT 7w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 Max 9w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: Blueprint red dot 4-PW Recoil 95 F3 shafts
:cleveland: RTX Zipcores 50° 56° & 60° wedges with Recoil 95 F3 shafts
:taylormade: TM2 Truss 35"

The 2nd String:
:ping: G SFT 10° driver Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 Shaft
:Srixon: ZX5 5-PW Recoil 95 F3 Shafts
:ping: G425 4 Hybrid Alta CB R Flex Shaft
:Taylormade: Tour Spider 35”

The Shelf:
:xxio: Nine 6-AW SR Flex mp 1000 shafts
:ping: G410 2 Hybrid Tensei Blue R Flex Shaft
:odyssey: Works Versa 7H CS 34”

Serious question, what is there to gain by having a heavier graphite shaft in the wedges than what your iron set has?

Gamer Bag:
:ping: G425 SFT 10.5° Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 SFT 5w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 SFT 7w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 Max 9w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: Blueprint red dot 4-PW Recoil 95 F3 shafts
:cleveland: RTX Zipcores 50° 56° & 60° wedges with Recoil 95 F3 shafts
:taylormade: TM2 Truss 35"

The 2nd String:
:ping: G SFT 10° driver Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 Shaft
:Srixon: ZX5 5-PW Recoil 95 F3 Shafts
:ping: G425 4 Hybrid Alta CB R Flex Shaft
:Taylormade: Tour Spider 35”

The Shelf:
:xxio: Nine 6-AW SR Flex mp 1000 shafts
:ping: G410 2 Hybrid Tensei Blue R Flex Shaft
:odyssey: Works Versa 7H CS 34”

I just like a little heavier feel with wedges. Keeping the same shafts throughout would be fine too.

I've had a few weeks off from swinging clubs due to the holidays. Tomorrow I will get back into my 2-3 times per week of sim time. At the end of 2021 a mighty competitor showed up (t100s), but the ZX7 stood tall and remained my gamer. Feel, flight, forgiveness for my miss tendencies, turf feel, etc. work for me. :cool:

I will, of course, review that bag battle (geek alert) and include some new challengers (looking at you Mizuno pro 223), but it will take a lot of knock the ZX7s from the throne, esp. given my expensive interest in revamping the top of the bag.

That said, my ZX7 set needs some tweaks. I need a gap wedge and something in the 4i spot. 4i spot is the biggest priority. I am thinking either ZX5 or ZX utility 4/23. A hybrid is possible too. Gap wedge is more about shaft. I picked up 58 and 54 SM8 wedges with steelfiber i110 to go with the i95's in my irons set. I love how those feel. I think I will either grab an SM8 or maybe a zipcore. edit to add: the t100s set gap wedge is fantastic. It has changed my view of what I want. I might just use it. IDK. Need to test with the set.
I had both a ZX7 and ZX5 4i head when I built my set. The ZX5 ended up getting built and I haven't regretted it once. Top line is the same on both and I can only see a tiny sliver of the backside of the ZX5 at address and it actually is more confidence inspiring on my long iron shots. Certainly worth considering as I love the v-sole off the tee and the turf

I will say, there is a portion of me that has a much higher position of my ballstriking than it should that wanted to do a mixed ZX5/ZX7 set. But the more I thought about it, the ZX5's felt so good in the fitting, and look so sleek for an iron with some help in the head, that I ignored my #InternetGolfer tendencies and just went with what I was fitted into. I doubt I will be disappointed.

I’ve got an order in for ZX7s. Ordered on 12/9.

Oh heck yeah! 🔥 Can't wait to hear what you think after a few rounds.

My second hand ZX5(5-PW) are with @Golfers Anonymous and he should have my B&F Ferrules, and shafts this week. I can't wait to get these back and on the range. Really excited about this build!

Got fitted today and went with 3I Utility ans ZX5 5-6 and ZX& 7- PW. Great feel and sound.

Love the looks distance was surprising and coming from I500.
That's a nice setup! What do you have for wedges?

Back