Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I can't speak to that...but I LOVE the ZX5!

And if you're a 4i player.....the ZX4 is 🔥🔥🔥

random trip to Columbus today. Hit the ZX5. Wasn’t warmed up. It was nice. When I got to the HMP I was loose. I went back to the ZX5 and both were nice. Only on looks behind ball would steer me to Mizuno.

Ball sppe
random trip to Columbus today. Hit the ZX5. Wasn’t warmed up. It was nice. When I got to the HMP I was loose. I went back to the ZX5 and both were nice. Only on looks behind ball would steer me to Mizuno.

yeah Mizuno are sexy. According to my fitter, too low spin for me.
The ZX4 4i has fully kicked my SpeedZone 4i out of the bag for good. It is a monster!

I really liked the feel but the ZX5 never came over 4K spin today. Maybe a day when I’m loosened up the results would be different

All kinds of ZeXy today.

Bottom line is that these clubs are FUN. Because they look good, feel good, and then play good. :p

I still want to go back in time and smack whoever decided to make the top line squared off dull satin, but other than that they're just so good.

I've shared all my thoughts on them in here plenty, but a conversation with someone here the other night had me thinking about these so I'll share why. Michael Vrska was on Off Course saying because of bounce angles you don't really want to bend a set more than a degree in either direction for loft really. And I agree with that. I try not to change them much because it does change things. Well taking with this person I said I'll go a degree strong, and don't really like going a degree weak in some with wider soles (because it can change effective bounce quickly) and prefer it only in blades and V soles and stuff where they're narrower or have more trail relief. I don't do it much with blades though because I'm 42 and who wants a 35* 7i. Lol I think the ability to do it pretty easily with these though adds to their versatility and value.

Anyway, GREAT day with the ZX7. They too are not going anywhere anytime soon. Unfortunately.. :LOL:

i need to get on the sim with these to see what my numbers are...i know what yardages i hit with them but i don't know spin, height, etc...is it THAT important to me? not really but i feel like in order to be taken seriously, i need to be able to spit these numbers out :ROFLMAO:

i need to get on the sim with these to see what my numbers are...i know what yardages i hit with them but i don't know spin, height, etc...is it THAT important to me? not really but i feel like in order to be taken seriously, i need to be able to spit these numbers out :ROFLMAO:
@chile 's friend: What did you hit there?

@chile : my 19.5* 5800 rpm club

@chile 's friend : No, what number?

@chile: 165.

Carry.

@chile 's friend: What did you hit there?

@chile : my 19.5* 5800 rpm club

@chile 's friend : No, what number?

@chile: 165.

Carry.

when i was hitting the rogue st pro last week, there were guys in there talking spin and carry...but no peak height, descent angle...i immediately disregarded them as plebeians

when i was hitting the rogue st pro last week, there were guys in there talking spin and carry...but no peak height, descent angle...i immediately disregarded them as plebeians
You know if someone talks to me about descent angle on an indoor monitor I think they're an idiot, right?? :LOL:

My concern with spin is dispersion control. When it drops to low the ball will move more right to left and such. I’ve hit some major flyers at some really bad times.

My Zx5's I think are being shipped tomorrow!

Really enjoying my ZX7's. Been through a lot with my swing last year, trying to reduce my backswing, reduce speed, change grip, basically a new swing!
I think I'm finally coming out the other side, routinely in my rounds I am hitting memorable shots with my irons attacking the pin. It's a hell of a lot of fun attacking pins instead of playing safe.
Recently I went to Dubai and played a few rounds, one of which was Dubai Hills (fantastic course BTW).
On the 7th I hit probably the best worst 3 wood of all time! Haha I thinned it and it came out like a stinger following the fairway to the right ending up right in the middle! We all laughed at my good fortune.
That left me with about 185 yards or so slightly uphill to a pin protected by a bunker. After having such good fortune I decided to take advantage and try for the pin.
Pulled out 6 iron, nice smooth swing and I watched as the ball tracked the pin and carried over the bunker. What a glorious feeling! Unfortunately I just missed the putt but each round I now look forward to playing shots like this with these irons.
I would say the ZX7's are all about effortless power, consistency and awesome feel. Hitting one pure is addictive.
c0107b90b9f0b7bc084b92a9d41f7bf2.jpg
d994260f5219a8cae7f019f08a9ba000.jpg
fc26a80c5891e2459e6ccd33cefaa910.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

What shafts have you guys been putting in these with ship times? I am getting Dynamic Gold
When did you order? Stock or exotic?
I ordered my ZX7’s January 5, Dynamic Gold 120 X100 so hopeful they aren’t super long wait so interested in others orders too

Last edited:
What shafts have you guys been putting in these with ship times? I am getting Dynamic Gold

recoil 95 F4's...i was leery coming from DG105 S300s but these have been great.

When did you order? Stock or exotic?
I bought lightly used from a very good friend on here. They did require a shaft change out though.

I ordered my ZX7’s March 5, Dynamic Gold 120 X100 so hopeful they aren’t super long wait so interested in others orders too
I ordered x100s on 12/8. Still waiting.

Zx5 are in the house! They look and feel great I hit a few wiffle balls on the porch. We still have 3" of snow on the ground and more coming. Hopefully I can get to the indoor range soon!
20220118_113603.jpg

I had an evil feeling about my irons the other day…. I saw a picture of the Mizuno… thought maybe it’s time, the zx7s have been faltering lately (couldn’t be me right?)

haha then I play a round with 10 greens hit…… ok ok. I’ll keep them.

still loving these things. I am wondering about a shaftchange though. Modus 105x is great but wondering if maybe there could be another.

Zx5 are in the house! They look and feel great I hit a few wiffle balls on the porch. We still have 3" of snow on the ground and more coming. Hopefully I can get to the indoor range soon!
View attachment 9060783

Those ferrules though!

Gamer Bag:
:ping: G425 SFT 10.5° Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 SFT 5w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 SFT 7w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: G425 Max 9w Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft
:ping: Blueprint red dot 4-PW Recoil 95 F3 shafts
:cleveland: RTX Zipcores 50° 56° & 60° wedges with Recoil 95 F3 shafts
:taylormade: TM2 Truss 35"

The 2nd String:
:ping: G SFT 10° driver Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 Shaft
:Srixon: ZX5 5-PW Recoil 95 F3 Shafts
:ping: G425 4 Hybrid Alta CB R Flex Shaft
:Taylormade: Tour Spider 35”

The Shelf:
:xxio: Nine 6-AW SR Flex mp 1000 shafts
:ping: G410 2 Hybrid Tensei Blue R Flex Shaft
:odyssey: Works Versa 7H CS 34”

Well I just got a call that my ZX5's were delivered to the fitter so I can pick them up! Full 5 weeks early to their estimated delivery. Will be picking them up in the next couple days, ZeXy pics soon folks!! :love:

Well I just got a call that my ZX5's were delivered to the fitter so I can pick them up! Full 5 weeks early to their estimated delivery. Will be picking them up in the next couple days, ZeXy pics soon folks!! :love:
Lucky! I’m sitting at 2 weeks since order! Just waiting for that call from fitter too. Can’t wait to see mate!

Nice phone call! New iron days are the BEST.

BOOOOMM. Can't wait to have warm enough weather to go hit these!!!

PXL_20220122_033433861.MP.jpg

PXL_20220122_033501868.jpg

Back