Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

You need to hit them, doing yourself an injustice if you don’t.
I'll be hitting these this week when I get some time with the new Apex Pros.

There is a big name that is putting these in their bag on the tour this week... .

On a more serious thought, I bet a lot of folks that were looking at these (me included) are now stalling waiting to hit the APEX line.
This is one of the advantages of the season being what it is up here in cold country and my game being where it is right now: Enforced delayed gratification :). By the time I can start playing again and find out where my game is, these, the Apex 21s, and the Cobra RADs will all be commonly available.

Got to play 9 today. Hit irons off every tee and had a very good outcome. Once I got used to the weight difference in the shafts (95 vs. 110) I was spot on with these. I am very impressed, hit a lot of beaver pelt divots and the ball was flying high. The AW is a shining star already and I am very glad I pulled the trigger on it.

20210119_161231.jpg20210119_162208.jpg

Brooks had srixons in his bag! Wow!

@Snickerdog I just have to ask, as a recent grandaddy person do your hands burn everytime you touch those Srixons? :) I really thought if anyone that got to the big show strayed into enemy territory you were immediately doused with gas and set afire..I am a club hooooo but if I ever set foot on The Hideaway it would be cally for life.

On a more serious thought, I bet a lot of folks that were looking at these (me included) are now stalling waiting to hit the APEX line. I was pondering the whole line of Srixon's for the summer but now if history holds true I will go back to Cally for the irons and work the bag from there.
I won't lie, the GP MCC+4 grips feel amazing holding such an amazing iron. It was too good a deal to pass on.
I still have the rest of the bag full of Callaway gear that won't be leaving. Having never hit or played the previous Apex line, not sure I would have known what I may have been missing if anything.
Callaway will always hold a spot for me and am grateful the opportunity I was afforded.

@Snickerdog I just have to ask, as a recent grandaddy person do your hands burn everytime you touch those Srixons? :) I really thought if anyone that got to the big show strayed into enemy territory you were immediately doused with gas and set afire..I am a club hooooo but if I ever set foot on The Hideaway it would be cally for life.
I’m sure you’re just poking fun. But, I want to add that Snicks has been one of the most upstanding individuals I’ve ever met. He represented himself, the community, and his teammates better than anyone could possibly expect during the event. He’s been very vocal in his feedback and support of the brand. The guy plays more golf in the winter than I do all year. And you best believe he’s on the forum sharing some thoughts pretty much every time.

I have no doubt that Callaway will always have a place in his heart and his bag.

@Snickerdog ..I am a club hooooo but if I ever set foot on The Hideaway it would be cally for life.

honestly that’s not how it works. even callaway who is footing the bill for the whole thing will tell you that’s not how it works. review the hell out of your gear, as @Snickerdog has done better than anyone on our team. always give callaway a fair shake in your bag, as @Snickerdog and the rest of us will continue to do. and stay engaged on the forum, as @Snickerdog has done better than anyone on our team (myself included).

snicks will tell you he played some of his best golf ever with his gd clubs. but as you, and i, and so many thp hoes know so well, that isn’t enough to stop the eye from wandering! hell, i have a set of these coming my way too. and i’ll buy the apex pro 21 when available. it will be a helluva shootout.

8CC2D49F-945B-4273-8882-70FDAB7DE852.jpeg

honestly that’s not how it works. even callaway who is footing the bill for the whole thing will tell you that’s not how it works. review the hell out of your gear, as @Snickerdog has done better than anyone on our team. always give callaway a fair shake in your bag, as @Snickerdog and the rest of us will continue to do. and stay engaged on the forum, as @Snickerdog has done better than anyone on our team (myself included).

snicks will tell you he played some of his best golf ever with his gd clubs. but as you, and i, and so many thp hoes know so well, that isn’t enough to stop the eye from wandering! hell, i have a set of these coming my way too. and i’ll buy the apex pro 21 when available. it will be a helluva shootout.

20210119_201118.jpg

20210119_201009.jpg

This is honestly making my night. By my count I've played 6 different gap wedges with my set while waiting for this one, because they weren't quite right. If I wasn't terribly, terribly broken from today (G'D SIMS), I would put it in play tomorrow. Feels like sweet relief.

Oh, and I hit it a bunch at the store btw. Numbers were spot on and ready to rock.

View attachment 8989207

View attachment 8989208

This is honestly making my night. By my count I've played 6 different gap wedges with my set while waiting for this one, because they weren't quite right. If I wasn't terribly, terribly broken from today (G'D SIMS), I would put it in play tomorrow. Feels like sweet relief.

Oh, and I hit it a bunch at the store btw. Numbers were spot on and ready to rock.
So freaking good..

View attachment 8989207

View attachment 8989208

Hands down Srixon makes the best looking set wedges. Ever since the 545 line that AW is straight 🔥🔥🔥

View attachment 8989207

View attachment 8989208

View attachment 8989207

View attachment 8989208

Thar A wedge is absolutely stunning, I just had a look on the uk srixon website and they don't list the A wedge as an option on either the zx5 or zx7? :confused:

I did hit the zx5, mizunos jpx921 and taylormade p770 to a fitting.

the p770 was not even close to the feeling jpx921 and zx5 did offer.

the zx5 for me had abit higher launch.

sound wise the zx5 is abit more silence than the jpx921.

both felt amazing and i have to try both again Before i decide.

Ps. Sorry english is not my main language :)

Back