Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

10 competition rounds in with the ZX7.

My strokes per round have improved by 4.4 vs the prior 15 rounds.

Handicap is lowest ever. 2 A grade wins at my home club. Shot my lowest score ever at my home club.

Going to have my first ever putting lesson next week. Absolutely killing my scoring.

Handicap is lowest ever. 2 A grade wins at my home club. Shot my lowest score ever at my home club.

Going to have my first ever putting lesson next week. Absolutely killing my scoring.

That is awesome. Quoting @OldandStiff cause he called it:

Well I'm up late enough for GHIN to update...

...and now I'm gonna put the ZX7's away for a few rounds.

Sandbaggers, you've been warned. The sand will run out.

That is awesome to hear!!!!

Looking forward to getting these out this weekend, but not sure if Mother Nature is going to cooperate. Somehow these will get hit though.

Still in awe of how awesome these look and the reviews they've recieved.

Congrats @bombs on the rounds so far, that's awesome!

Got the Fed Ex notice that my ZX5s are scheduled to arrive on Friday. Slim chance they will arrive before my 1:00 round. If they do, 100% chance they are going in the bag and will literally get their first action on the course.

If not, I am playing on Sunday...so they will get out this weekend one way or another.

Had a good look at these today.....

Got the Fed Ex notice that my ZX5s are scheduled to arrive on Friday. Slim chance they will arrive before my 1:00 round. If they do, 100% chance they are going in the bag and will literally get their first action on the course.

If not, I am playing on Sunday...so they will get out this weekend one way or another.
When did you order them? Ordered mine a little over a week ago but no notification yet.

When did you order them? Ordered mine a little over a week ago but no notification yet.

I ordered them on 1/21....

Got a shipping notification yesterday...

Just got mine today, but the weird thing is no 9 iron or PW. Both are on backorder ( spoke to local Srixon rep). Just 4-6 in ZX5, and 7-8 in ZX7. No big deal as the weather is pretty dismal here anyway. I also have ZX woods,Hybrid and utilities coming, but they are waiting for my shafts to come in ( Graphite design tour adhd and ad di shafts).

Just got mine today, but the weird thing is no 9 iron or PW. Both are on backorder ( spoke to local Srixon rep). Just 4-6 in ZX5, and 7-8 in ZX7. No big deal as the weather is pretty dismal here anyway. I also have ZX woods,Hybrid and utilities coming, but they are waiting for my shafts to come in ( Graphite design tour adhd and ad di shafts).
Seems odd these two clubs would be on backorder. Wonder if this had anything to do with the last ship that lost a few containers on its way to LA port.

Seems odd these two clubs would be on backorder. Wonder if this had anything to do with the last ship that lost a few containers on its way to LA port.
I was thinking the exact thing. Also I have heard from Cobra and Srixons that graphite design shafts have been hard to come by, so I am wondering if they were impacted. All it takes is one container from one of those companies to go missing and that could be ten thousand heads or shafts

Went to the range yesterday (heated, still snow on the ground) with the ZX5’s. I am hitting these with very good accuracy and they are a club longer than the 785’s (no shocker hear). They don’t sound clicky to me and feel great on middle strikes. The feedback is there when you miss it, but I see the forgiveness when I only lose a little distance and they are usually pretty straight. Super happy with these clubs. I could probably forgo a 5 iron because I am hitting the 6 iron further than last year to fill that gap. These are much easier to launch (tungsten in toe?) than the last model for me. I also like the notched out look for the VSole. I’ve never seen the 545/745 series in person, but a lot of folks say these are more like them.

I've been trying to avoid this thread and thoughts of the ZX7, but the X Forged got me cranky yesterday, so here I am, reading and getting itchy. Might need to pull the heads for re-shaft so I'm not tempted..

Every time I come into this thread it threatens to cost me some coin. I love my Mizuno JPX 921 HMP but I really do miss hitting some forgings and I love me some Srixon. Those ZX5’s have me in serious ponder mode.

Every time I come into this thread it threatens to cost me some coin. I love my Mizuno JPX 921 HMP but I really do miss hitting some forgings and I love me some Srixon. Those ZX5’s have me in serious ponder mode.
I played Mizunos for a number of years and I loved them. These are better IMO. Cant go wrong with either.

I've been trying to avoid this thread and thoughts of the ZX7, but the X Forged got me cranky yesterday, so here I am, reading and getting itchy. Might need to pull the heads for re-shaft so I'm not tempted..
I watch your YouTube videos and wonder why you would think of hitting anything but these. Hope that helps 😀

I watch your YouTube videos and wonder why you would think of hitting anything but these. Hope that helps 😀
:LOL: NO, that does not help!!

You have weather to play in, its pouring here and I wanna play. SOOOOO, get it done and play.

My ZX5s arrived yesterday. I knew they were on the truck, but didn't expect them to arrive in time for my 1:00 round. I was coming straight from a meeting, so they went straight ot the first tee. I played 18 yesterday and had a range session this morning.

I was playing 565s with the GH980 shaft. They were some of the best irons I ever owned. They were forgiving and felt great. The only minor issue with them is they launched very high. Playing in Texas, there are a lot of windy days in the spring where a high ball flight can be an issue. The plus side is they came in at a great trajectory. Even mid-irons stuck pretty close to the pitch mark on the green.

It wasn't ideal testing conditions as yesterday was cooler than forecast with winds gusting 25-30. Today was warmer but even windier. A storm blew through this morning, so the range was soaked. The winds were blowing around 30mph straight downwind.

So far though, they are a keeper. They are just as forgiving as the 565s. The feel at impact is 'solid', but I can get where people feel it is 'clickier' than the 565. The ball speed feels faster off the face, but I'm not sure if that's more the sound.

The V-sole is still fantastic. The range grass isn't the thickest and the storm that blew through this morning dropped a ton of rain. The V-sole does a fantastic job of digging through the turf and still getting good distance.

The soles are noticeably wider on the short irons. It wasn't a big deal for me as I came from G25s. But I could see where people would opt for a combo set.

It's really hard to tell too much about the distance when it was SO windy both days. I pretty much played the distances I would with my old clubs and it seemed to work OK. But with the wind, there were not as many 'stock' iron shots as you'd normally hit. Downwind holes were often driver/wedge. Holes into the wind were often driver/hybrid.

You have weather to play in, its pouring here and I wanna play. SOOOOO, get it done and play.
Pouring here too, buddy. Believe me, I would gladly take a mental health break from the wife and new house right now to go play the ZX7. Gladly.

So instead I'm thinking about putting the limited edition black Modus 115X in them and making them my tournament set. :)

I was really hoping you'd get to go play yours today. ☹ Weather is kind of tough for a lot of people right now.

Pouring here but it’s melting all the snow, which is nice.

Back