Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Yep ... same happened with me. It finally came four days after the first "Delivery by the end of day" notice. It sat in Kansas for three of those days. Good luck ...
It's at least at my local FedEx sorting facility, which it got there at 1pm. But your experience isn't promising. Part of me wonders if you do standard delivery and it's schedule to arrive at the same time as the upcharged delivery whether they deliberately hold it. I'll take my tinfoil cap off now.

Oh lawdy lawdy lawd have mercy! Haha
After the fitter told me there was a massive delay and they wouldn't come until the end of the month, I was incredibly happy that he called to tell me they'd arrived today!
Played Titleist 710MB's since 2009 so this is quite a change and I'm excited about what a difference they'll make for my game.
Thank you Titleist but it's Srixon time now. Can't wait to get out there tomorrow!
2826bd70a6ce8d5b62c6dd23e4980ed0.jpg
034b0ee8aff051ee298019ffe56b5597.jpg
4937ec03ee51f5140c8b01d0238e872c.jpg
403e059c5b7e041dac5116f8fd22b76a.jpg
f36ffcb822fb6ebe53cafc7bad22e3a9.jpg
768c5d15b34f17049c732913cbeda92a.jpg
a17baa6483b83c001e9790daf394e6c3.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

This is what they're like late at night out of the corner of my eye.......

and now I have to redo my whole bag for tomorrow..

6 birdies on the front. These things should come with a warning label. Dangerously ZeXy.

I'm falling more and more in love with these clubs every time I take them out. It's unreal how workable they are. Whatever the shot calls for, it's easy to do it with these clubs. Been working on a soft cut (I have always played a draw) for a little more control and these irons are making it easy. It's more a matter of trust the line and hope I don't double cross it, but it's been much easier for me than in the past. Shot my low round last Sunday since I started playing again with a 70 with these in the bag.

I'm at home now eating and icing my extremely young and flexible body parts, and looking over the scorecard. I'm at a bit of loss to explain what just happened out there with the ZX7's.

I played the front pretty straight. 6 birdies and ZX approaches were really great despite not moving very freely. Switched to mostly irons off the tee on the back because... well, it tends to make the score less good. But it didn't, so I started just trying any really hard-to-do shot I could think of with the irons on approach. And they did all of them. I mean, I putted really really well again today and that obviously has an effect on score, but... I was playing 150y power AoA PW's, 230+ yard 4i's drawing up and over/around trees, little punch 8i's on par 3's I'd have to spin the heck out of.., anything that seemed like a challenge. And it all worked. I really don't know what those irons can't do. :unsure:

Well that was very reassuring.
Went out for my first 18 with these in the bag, truthfully I didn't hit so many shots with these but when I did they were extremely forgiving. Coming from blades it's incredible how much of a step it is back to players cavity backs.
The soles I think are the easiest thing to sing about. I hit a few which I knew were fat but they just glide through and you end up with a great shot.
I've really been struggling with par 3s but today I hit 3 out of 4.
One thing I really liked was that I felt like the soles allowed me to really go after shots which resulted in alot of my divots being after the ball which I was pretty happy with. Haha
All in all I'm pretty sure I'm on course to lower scores with these.

Well that was very reassuring.
Went out for my first 18 with these in the bag, truthfully I didn't hit so many shots with these but when I did they were extremely forgiving. Coming from blades it's incredible how much of a step it is back to players cavity backs.
The soles I think are the easiest thing to sing about. I hit a few which I knew were fat but they just glide through and you end up with a great shot.
I've really been struggling with par 3s but today I hit 3 out of 4.
One thing I really liked was that I felt like the soles allowed me to really go after shots which resulted in alot of my divots being after the ball which I was pretty happy with. Haha
All in all I'm pretty sure I'm on course to lower scores with these.

That's awesome! I was waiting for your initial thoughts coming from those irons. Figured they'd seem pretty friendly. What did you think about the feel and feedback out there in the turf?

6 birdies on the front. These things should come with a warning label. Dangerously ZeXy.
6 birdies in 9 holes! Was super happy with my 2 on the front. Please tell me you're trying for your tour card. Seems like a waste if you don't.

6 birdies in 9 holes! Was super happy with my 2 on the front. Please tell me you're trying for your tour card. Seems like a waste if you don't.
2 is great!!

I'm just sort of testing what effect playing this often has on my body right now. I really am no spring chicken.

That's awesome! I was waiting for your initial thoughts coming from those irons. Figured they'd seem pretty friendly. What did you think about the feel and feedback out there in the turf?
It's really difficult to describe but the easiest way is to say its addictive.
I never thought I'd say this but I enjoyed hitting fat shots to get that sensation of just gliding through and getting a great strike.
At the same time I did hit quite a few sweeps which were equally great.
It's a difficult thing to describe because I think I've never experienced forgiveness coming from a sole like that before.
Certainly coming from blades it feels like everywhere on the face is the sweet spot!
I'm excited to see where my game goes from here. Hopefully half as many birdies as your 6 would make me happy! Haha

2 is great!!

I'm just sort of testing what effect playing this often has on my body right now. I really am no spring chicken.
I would love to have a job and wife that allowed me to run that test as well.

I would love to have a job and wife that allowed me to run that test as well.
Oh I don't really have those either... but I'm doing it anyway. :p

This is what they're like late at night out of the corner of my eye.......

and now I have to redo my whole bag for tomorrow..

That is hard to resist..

Last edited:
I'm at home now eating and icing my extremely young and flexible body parts, and looking over the scorecard. I'm at a bit of loss to explain what just happened out there with the ZX7's.

I played the front pretty straight. 6 birdies and ZX approaches were really great despite not moving very freely. Switched to mostly irons off the tee on the back because... well, it tends to make the score less good. But it didn't, so I started just trying any really hard-to-do shot I could think of with the irons on approach. And they did all of them. I mean, I putted really really well again today and that obviously has an effect on score, but... I was playing 150y power AoA PW's, 230+ yard 4i's drawing up and over/around trees, little punch 8i's on par 3's I'd have to spin the heck out of.., anything that seemed like a challenge. And it all worked. I really don't know what those irons can't do. :unsure:

These irons allow a player to visualize and execute shots, almost automatically. With the ZX7s and now the ZX5s, too, I’ve been able to (finally) free my mind of paralyzing swing thoughts.

Now it’s just see the shot, step into it, and swing. Draws, fades, high and low. It’s been a long time since I’ve played rounds in which I was practically giddy over my iron shots.

Love ‘em. I change golf clubs like some people change clothes but the ZX irons fit me well enough to stay in the bag. I’m now looking at adding a ZX4 4-iron to the family.

Back finally healed enough to play a round yesterday. Downside was howling, swirling winds, gusting over 30mph. The good news was the driver apparently decided to come back home and I hit 11 out of 14 fairways. I was not hitting a lot of greens, part of that was my swing still being under construction so too many misfits, the other was the wind just making things challenging. Finished the front 9 in 4 over with two 3 putts (sigh) so good progress on most parts on the game. Hit some great 3-woods off the deck into the teeth of the wind ending up within chipping distance. About half the iron shots were reasonable strikes, but even with those tough to get it close given the conditions. Also trying to bring the new swing to the course is challenging as the range is nice and flat, this course not so much.

Progress, not perfection. Hoping the AW shows up soon, want to get the bag settled and get everything grooved.

My back and ribs, which felt like dog 💩 when I got up, are now lying to me that they're totally fine, work is going well enough for me to leave, and the U.S. Open basically can't get it up this morning (what a tease), so I'm starting to feel Srixy. A little ZX7 - ProV1x action perhaps. I played that last year some, but I've noticed a couple different things with this year's V1x and I'm curious about that combo in the mid-long irons...

Last edited:
My back and ribs, which felt like dog 💩 when I got up, are now lying to me that they're totally fine, work is going well enough for me to leave, and the U.S. Open basically can't get it up this morning (what a tease), so I'm starting to feel Srixy. A little ZX7 - ProV1x action perhaps. I played that last year some, but I've noticed a couple different things with this year's V1x and I'm curious about that combo in the mid-long irons...

Subscribed for the follow 🔥. Mid-long irons you say? Trajectory and green holding? I'm in. Need a good distraction from the work today :censored:

Taking inventory - did you decide ZStar XV was too low spin as a gamer? Regular Z-Star too soft?

Subscribed for the follow 🔥. Mid-long irons you say? Trajectory and green holding? I'm in. Need a good distraction from the work today :censored:

Taking inventory - did you decide ZStar XV was too low spin as a gamer? Regular Z-Star too soft?
Lol Yeah. This year's V1x has launched and flown noticeably higher for me. I'm kind of curious how the flight will be with the mid-longs with the ZX7. Late flight and spin could be really good.

No, not really. I'm still throwing it in there when I think about it too try with different setups. They'd a feel on and around the green I don't love, but otherwise it's played well. Just something about the cover. I'm picky on that. Like the Tour B's. I just don't like the feel of them. And yes, Z-Star doesn't suit. I prefer the firmer ball off driver and irons.

The ZX irons (to me, on the low-spin side of irons) and the Pro V1x (a high spin ball) are a match made in golf heaven.

One little data point. My ZX7 set is PW-5. I am ordering the 4. The long irons are delightful. Plenty forgiving.
I have a 4 iron head if you have a shaft. PM me if interested.

Really liked the ZX7 V1x combo out there! Was getting excellent spin on those mid iron shots. Even a couple from out of position. Greens were real firm today, but everything had good stop. 4i into a 220 par 3 had about 5' of runout and real good height on the way in. I like it. I'll definitely give it another go or two with the new balls.

Back