Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

We in the UK are now in our third lockdown until mid February at the earliest. All golf activities are closed.
I don't see that I'll be able to try and get fitted until late Feb at the earliest. Quite annoyed but safety first I guess.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Placed my ZX5 order already this morning. Very excited for these to be in the bag, hopefully I’ll get them before spring.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these. Hopefully all the orders go thru smoothly

20210105_231941.jpg

In honor of pre-order day, I shall take these beauties out for some fresh Arkansas air I think. Dust some Kansas off them.

Mhm.

View attachment 8986732

In honor of pre-order day, I shall take these beauties out for some fresh Arkansas air I think. Dust some Kansas off them.

Mhm.

I love that you updated your witb signature and the Z7 irons are in a larger font! Emphasis noted. :cool:

I love that you updated your witb signature and the Z7 irons are in a larger font! Emphasis noted. :cool:
👊 Felt like the thing to do today!

I am expecting at least 7 under.
Yeaaah....

Live look at the oldandstiffness this morning. 0 lol. Let's call it a +7 day and let ZX7 do their thing to improve that.

Lots of searching for this set as of late. I know some THPers jumped in during preorder.

So good. Wet and cold today and they drift through various turf conditions with ease. A little forgiveness, lot of good feels and flights, 6 birdies, and a much better score than I probably deserved for the swing I brought today. ZX7 are pretty, pretty good. 🔥

Last edited:
Me waiting on my set,

Edit: wrong thread

Last edited:
So moving the set 1* weak was really the right move for me I think. I didn't have much today, but checking my notes from the last outings like that and today I like where it has them for me. Hit somewhere around 8 4i's out there today too, and really liked what I saw from the flights.

Last edited:
How do you find the PW to 52 degree gapping?

I was thinking a 50 would be ideal..?
I play a 50 with them and it seems to work well for my preferred gapping. If there's a bit of a wider one, I prefer it between the gap and sand.

I just realized you might be talking about the picture. That 52 is bent strong to take off some bounce. It's in the bag today with them mostly because it has the same shaft. Full swing continuity.

That is a bad sign since it has only been 24 hours....what will you look like in 2 weeks?
Really trying to not even think about them. Although I may or may not have searched for some good covers for them today. ;)

Embrace the chatter!

Back