Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons

I have a set of Recoil 110 Protos looking for some heads. Looking forward to hearing what you have in store to tell me about these. #comboset

That's the setup I was thinking ;). I need another set of 110 Proto's however to make it fly. :cool:

That's the setup I was thinking ;). I need another set of 110 Proto's however to make it fly. :cool:
Fine. We can meet at Pinehurst and you can try them.

With all this buzz, I am hoping some information will drop soon.

With all this buzz, I am hoping some information will drop soon.
I’m real excited, as I have heard great things from people who have had them in hand.

Michael Newton Mr sort of. Count how many times he says that.. Does my head in.
My zx5,s are 10 rounds old, wonderful feel, good distance and top stopping power. Very underrated and your mates are going to hate you. Coming from 30 years of Mizuno irons, it was a leap of faith. What a leap it's been. I love zx5.

Looks like my set will be here on Monday @just8abug.

Crazy how back ordered these are now!! Fire!

Curious, when did you order? I ordered mine on Jan 21 and still haven't received any update.
January 15th. Based on that, you should be up soon.

Probably be another week before I can get out to play. This weather isn't helping. Just swing the 8 iron a few times a night in the house. 🏌️‍♂️

Something wicked this way comes 2/22

Last edited:
I was at my favorite fitter the day they received their ZX5's and ZX7's. I go in once a year to get distances and fix any gaps on whatever is in my bag. I had played the new version of the TM P770 with Steelfiber 95's most of the year, but I just could not tell where my misses were on the club. So I went back to my all time favorite, the Z945's with Recoil 110gm F4's. When I went in to gap the 945's, about half way through the session in came the new ZX's. I was able to hit them on Trackman side by side with my 945's.
I guess my initial reaction was...the ZX7's feel much like the Z945's, and that is a compliment! As far as performance, to be honest there was not a ton of difference. The ZX7 provided a little more ball speed, but it was not night and day. The dispersion was also in the ballpark. When I left I was thinking there was really no reason to change.
That was on 1/18/21. Then on 2/4/21, I of course ordered a set of Srixon ZX7's PW-7i, and the ZX5's in the 6i and 5i, all with Recoil 95 F4's.
I have read a lot of others saying the ZX7 was giving substantial distance gains over their gamers. If mine do that on the course, it won't hurt my feelings.

Back