Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons

I don't suppose you have had a chance to hit the new Mizuno offerings? I would like to see how they compare, because I am going to be choosing between the ZX5 and the 921 Forged, but I don't want to wait until January.

I haven't but recently been fitted into the 919 forged and the ZX5 outshone it in looks, feel (for me) and performance!

I am the same. I am going to hold out till I see the blade. I have heard that it is going to be very similar to the Z945.

I am not allowed to speak on this line yet, but I will add that in the past the company has released MBs separately (and together), but that doesn't mean to expect one this time :)

I am not allowed to speak on this line yet, but I will add that in the past the company has released MBs separately (and together), but that doesn't mean to expect one this time :)

(y)(y)

Can't wait for these irons to become available. Local course is going to send back their Mizuno fitting cart. They don't use it enough. One of the pros there is sponsored by Srixon (other two are Callaway and Titleist). I am putting on a hard press for them to get a Srixon fitting cart. Wish me luck. So far I'm the only one asking for it. :eek:

This is a great post, thank you for this! (y)

Don't normally post as I do a few fittings but honestly very impressed with these!

Not sure what it is but I just can't get excited about a Srixon iron. I've always like the brand but their irons just never seem to outshine any others for me.

you’ve tried them and they didn’t do it for you?

you’ve tried them and they didn’t do it for you?
Yeah. They just always seem to be lacking something for me. The 5 series has never felt like a forged iron to me, and the 7 series just always seems to give me worse numbers than other irons in the category.
I've never tried the 9 series.

Mike Newton didn’t seem to care for the sound/feel of the ZX5. Looking forward to other’s opinions and in particular comparison to the JPX 921 offerings.
It's one of the more negative reviews in that way that I've ever heard from him. I think probably because it just caught him by such surprise. The numbers weren't anything to get overly excited about either. At least the two irons look like they belong together.

Just based on this review it's unlikely that I see these being contenders for my bag. ZX7'S chunky top line and 5° gapping in the scoring clubs doesn't really appeal to me.
I will be interested in his upcoming video.
901252ee1b8e8796997db42207602068.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Just based on this review it's unlikely that I see these being contenders for my bag. ZX7'S chunky top line and 5° gapping in the scoring clubs doesn't really appeal to me.
I will be interested in his upcoming video.
901252ee1b8e8796997db42207602068.jpg

This is exactly what I am looking for. It might save me a few months of waiting because I have been holding off on the Mizuno Forged fitting because I wanted to see what the Srixons had to offer me.

I have the 565's and to me these are a step back with the looks. The rough-ish surface in the cavity with what looks like spray can silver. Mostly smooth and chrome please. Now the new drivers are looking good though....

I have the 565's and to me these are a step back with the looks. The rough-ish surface in the cavity with what looks like spray can silver. Mostly smooth and chrome please. Now the new drivers are looking good though....

I thought that as well till I saw them in person. I was wrong.

I am set on getting the ZX5’s with no hesitation. I am loving the way that they look and take these reviews with a pound of salt. I certainly don’t swing like Michael Newton and his numbers looked good to me.

I am set on getting the ZX5’s with no hesitation. I am loving the way that they look and take these reviews with a pound of salt. I certainly don’t swing like Michael Newton and his numbers looked good to me.
There are are a bunch of reviewers I approach that way. He isn't one if them for me though. Tests the way I prefer, doesn't really shill much, and I do kinda swing like him. Lol The sound thing is so individual though. My favorite irons in that category (Apex19) are pretty clicky. They don't feel it though, and they're awesome. I wouldn't let that deter me either.

There are are a bunch of reviewers I approach that way. He isn't one if them for me though. Tests the way I prefer, doesn't really shill much, and I do kinda swing like him. Lol The sound thing is so individual though. My favorite irons in that category (Apex19) are pretty clicky. They don't feel it though, and they're awesome. I wouldn't let that deter me either.
I like his reviews as well. I just can’t compare his game to mine (2 iron goes as far as my driver). He is definitely not a shill and he is fair. I have found that the clubs he loves don’t work for me, so essentially he is too good For my skill set 🤨

And don’t forget the ball plays a roll in how feel is conveyed.

Last edited:
And don’t forget the ball plays a roll in how feel is conveyed.
Absolutely. I meant to mention the Newton tests with TP5x, too, for anyone who didn't know that. He's consistent with it, so I feel like his comments about the sound are valid, and as a regular viewer you could hear it to. He obviously noticed a big difference between the 5 and 7, also. It's all just more info, and like I said, the sound wouldn't deter me necessarily.

Interesting to see his review. I love the look looks of the ZX5...but I really hope they feel close to the same as my 565s and perform a bit better.

I agree about the scoring club lofts. I'd rather they have 4* lofts on the higher clubs than 5*...but that seems to be what everybody else is doing. Disapointed there won't be a gap wedge. My 565 A-wedge is my my go-to club from 30-100 yards.

Did I just read someone thought the ZX7’s are chunky?

Not chunky in any way unless you play the smallest of blades!!!

Can not wait to see the new lineup from Srixon. The 785’s are so so solid.

The words he used were 'a little bit of chunkiness'.
The pics certainly seem to back him up.
But to each their own, for me going from blades to a top line like this won't really suit my eye whilst it will suit others just fine!
b45e8a019b9144efeff9ef65640ccd36.jpg

Back