St. Louis Area thread

I’ll throw this out there too. I have reciprocal privileges with Dalhousie. I can get us on and get us a cabin for an overnight stay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would definitely be down for that, I've wanted to play there for forever! My son actually played there twice last year for PGA Jr. League...I walked it and was pretty jealous.

I actually grew up in Jonesboro and moved to Carbondale about 15 years ago. Ever make it back over to the area?

Yes. My parents still live there and since I just got back into the game I have heard some good things about Hickory Ridge. Is it worth a look?

I am open to whatever the group would like to do. I am not great at organizing events, so I go with the flow and I am grateful for the organizers. I am out of town June 23-24, but would understand if the event was planned for that weekend.

Yes. My parents still live there and since I just got back into the game I have heard some good things about Hickory Ridge. Is it worth a look?

Hickory Ridge is usually in great shape, I haven't played it yet this year but I'm actually meeting another THP'er there Friday from out of the area. It's definitely the best course around right now, most of the others haven't been maintained very well.

Hickory Ridge is usually in great shape, I haven't played it yet this year but I'm actually meeting another THP'er there Friday from out of the area. It's definitely the best course around right now, most of the others haven't been maintained very well.
I played Bent Creek last week. I got out of the game for about 6 or 7 years and it used to be a nice course. Not now . Thank god I only paid $20 on the golf now app. Lol

I played Bent Creek last week. I got out of the game for about 6 or 7 years and it used to be a nice course. Not now . Thank god I only paid $20 on the golf now app. Lol

I think Hickory is on GolfNow, at least it used to be. Shoot me a PM if you want to play there when you come over some time.

I think Hickory is on GolfNow, at least it used to be. Shoot me a PM if you want to play there when you come over some time.

Will do! Right now I’m bad but fast. Lol

I’ll throw this out there too. I have reciprocal privileges with Dalhousie. I can get us on and get us a cabin for an overnight stay.

Sounds like fun. I’m around for the most part aside from some travel during the week. Usually home on weekends.

ummmm, yes please!

As long as the dates work, I’m in for wherever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to drop a line also from the Saint Louis Metro. Live in Troy, Illinois and always looking for a game. Anybody want to play let me know.

Just wanted to drop a line also from the Saint Louis Metro. Live in Troy, Illinois and always looking for a game. Anybody want to play let me know.

I'm just down the road a bit from you in Edwardsville. I play quite a bit at the American Legion (https://www.edwardsvillelegion.com/). It's not the nicest course in town but the golf and the beer are cheap and the people are nice. Lemme know if you drop by. We do a Saturday AM blind draw 2 man scramble that's all kinds of fun. 9:00 AM.

Can’t do it this weekend. Work for EPD and have to work the Bonifest 5k. Going to play Sunday or at Roland Barkau. Family is going to a graduation out of town so hoping to get in 36 over there. I’ll have to find a weekend when I can play.

Look who’s playing Bellreive today.
a310f984988062e19284cd90b25b68b3.jpg

If you can’t tell by the picture, it’s Justin Thomas.

Look who’s playing Bellreive today.
a310f984988062e19284cd90b25b68b3.jpg

If you can’t tell by the picture, it’s Justin Thomas.

Where’s the dormant grass? I loved the contrast. Looks pretty good now though too.

That tee box looks immaculate.

Hi everyone,

I just ran across this thread and wanted to say hey. I'm a St. Louis transplant as of ~10 years ago, but I haven't played much golf at all in that time. I'm picking things back up in earnest (lessons, practice, etc) this summer and fall and have enjoyed reading through things here quite a bit. Right now, the Highlands is home base for practice (range member) and most rounds have been at the Prairies in Cahokia (cheap and easy to get to!) and Far Oaks. Anyway, I'm looking forward to exploring some of the courses in the area a bit more and I'll try to post some pictures, thoughts, etc.

Played Emerald Greens bright and early this morning - had the course basically to myself. It was in pretty good shape, but things were wet and soft. It was a fun little track, but it would take a few rounds to get an idea of where things lay. Also, it was nearly impossible to find yardage markers - lots of good looking shots that were a club short or long due to eyeballing things, which meant lots of hazards and lost balls. C'est la vie - at least there was a lot of wildlife roaming around.

Not sure how much longer that course will be around. That property has been sold to the zoo. I don’t know what the long term plans are.

How many of you guys are attending the PGA Championship? I have Saturday and Sunday tickets and didn’t know if THP would have a get together or anything.

How many of you guys are attending the PGA Championship? I have Saturday and Sunday tickets and didn’t know if THP would have a get together or anything.

Working it. I’m the hole 4 Marshall captain so I’ll be there at least 50 hours that week.

I think I’ll probably end up at a practice round, depending on my work schedule.

I'll be there for Saturday's round

Back