Staff Predictions: 2021 Masters

I like @ddec pick of Morikawa (y) But @Jman seriously .... the cheater? What gives? :eek: LOL

Can't argue with any of the winners. As for the dark horse I think that Cam Smith needs some love.

Can't argue with any of the winners. As for the dark horse I think that Cam Smith needs some love.
Criteria was outside top 50 or thats what we thought haha and he's currently 30th.

We do a pool in the office every year for all the Majors. Pick one guy from each tier based on odds.

Here is my selection for this year.....let me know what you think.

Tier 1Bryson Dechambeau
Tier 2Xander Shauffele
Tier 3Patrick Reed
Tier 4Scottie Scheffler
Tier 5Webb Simpson
Tier 6Tommy Fleetwood
Tier 7Corey Conners
Tier 8Matthew Wolff
Tier 9Sebastian Munoz
Tier 10Lanto Griffin

I still love the hate that Reed generates.

We do a pool in the office every year for all the Majors. Pick one guy from each tier based on odds.

Here is my selection for this year.....let me know what you think.

Tier 1Bryson Dechambeau
Tier 2Xander Shauffele
Tier 3Patrick Reed
Tier 4Scottie Scheffler
Tier 5Webb Simpson
Tier 6Tommy Fleetwood
Tier 7Corey Conners
Tier 8Matthew Wolff
Tier 9Sebastian Munoz
Tier 10Lanto Griffin

Outside of the norms Im big on Scheffler and like the Wolf inclusion.

Criteria was outside top 50 or thats what we thought haha and he's currently 30th.

Ha ha. Ok that make more sense.

exactly and when was the last time a player outside the top 50 won the masters?
I think we're going back to Angel Cabrera in 2009. Ranked 69 before. The win shot him up to 18th.

I like @MWard picks with JT and Bubba. JT has been playing well (obviously) this year. Won the Players, only missed one cut this year, and Top 25 in all but one event....Top 10 in half of those made cuts. I think this is his year. If he's driving the ball a little above his current yearly average, and continues with his game on the others, he's the winner. Bubba, he's always contending at the Masters, so he's a great "Dark horse" pick for sure.

Looking into the last winner outside the top 50 a few posts back, I was reminded that Danny Willet was ranked 16 when he won. Seemed to come out of nowhere.

I would love for Rory to win, but I just dont have a good feeling there.

I think we're going back to Angel Cabrera in 2009. Ranked 69 before. The win shot him up to 18th.

and it's not like he was a slouch. Always seemed to be involved in the majors and had a US Open title to his name.

Team @JB here, both solid picks. If I had to rank them (using the combined strength of both picks for the overall ranking), I'd go:

1) JB
2) MWard
3) Jman
4) Jdtox
5) Ddec
6) Canadan

and it's not like he was a slouch. Always seemed to be involved in the majors and had a US Open title to his name.
True. And it didn't look like too rough a stretch at the end of 2008 dropping him down either. Probably the US Open Win points dropping off.

Though he did MC Bay Hill and Houston Open in back-to-back weeks before winning his green jacket.

I like both @JB and @ddec 's calls here. @Jman ... NOOOO to Patrick Reed!

You bet with your brain, not your heart. Reed may be a clown, but the dude has got one hell of a short game. And that’s huge on that course. He’s never a bad pick at Augusta National.

I've got Rory winning so I got to ride with @jdtox on the staff picks.

I agree with @JB picks both are playing well as of late. I think @jdtox doesn't have much of a chance, Rory on the struggle buss and I don't think Brendan Todd has it in him.

You bet with your brain, not your heart. Reed may be a clown, but the dude has got one hell of a short game. And that’s huge on that course. He’s never a bad pick at Augusta National.
Bingo.

Oh @Jman. I know you want to be wrong, and I hope you get your wish;)

Wardy with the solid choices followed by @Canadan. I'd love to see Tony win one, but the 🇨🇦 in me would be quite smitten with a Connors victory

Surprised there is no Rahm pick.

Last week we got together as a staff and made predictions for The Masters. We were tasked with choosing the winner, as well as a dark horse, someone not ranked in the top 25 that we thought had a chance to grab the green jacket.

Of course directly after the graphic was made, Jordan Spieth won at the Valero, so dark horse might not be the best descriptor.

Crazy to think that none of the staff made the same predictions.

Who do you agree with? Who do you think is way off base? Give us your thoughts below.

Untitled-15-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

You just never know who is going to show up. I think a lot depends on weather too. I would say if they don’t get a lot of rain then I am looking at @MWard picks. If they do his picks are still looking good but @ddec picks become more intriguing. Especially Cameron Champ. We saw how he played there on a softer course and he could do it again.

I have no idea how to pick major winners. Rooting interest always trumps bc I don’t have enough solid basis for making an information

That said @Canadan and @MWard tie.
@Jman losses.

Back