Stand Bag Falling Down?

Papatortuga

Reaction score
Handicap
I left my stand bag out last night and this morning I found the bag laying on the floor with the legs sticking out (kind of like the Mercedes symbol). I never noticed the legs giving out or slipping before and I can't see any noticeable damage to the legs. But, I can now see the legs slipping out very slowly. Is this common? Is my bag too heavy? Can I fix it? I absolutely love my bag, it is my favorite for functionality as well as for sentimental reasons. I would hate for it to be "broken". Any suggestions? Thanks

Was it sitting on a slippery-ish surface, like hardwood floor or tile? I've had my old Taylormade bag do that very move and the only thing that I could see detached was the piece that links the legs to the little foot at the bottom of the bag, but the bag was never the same after that so probably more broke internally than I thought.

Huge bummer.

Paranormal Bag-tivity?

You should set up a camera on it; watch it do nothing in time-lapse for 90min... then fall over. It will make millions.

Was it sitting on a slippery-ish surface, like hardwood floor or tile? I've had my old Taylormade bag do that very move and the only thing that I could see detached was the piece that links the legs to the little foot at the bottom of the bag, but the bag was never the same after that so probably more broke internally than I thought.

Huge bummer.

Had this happen to one of my standbags when I left it in my buddy’s living room with hardwood floors. Didn’t take long to slip and break

I started to see this happen quite a bit with my Sun Mountain 4.5 bag. According to SM, the Springrod needed to be replaced due to normal wear and tear on the bag. It just loses it's tension over time.

I started to see this happen quite a bit with my Sun Mountain 4.5 bag. According to SM, the Springrod needed to be replaced due to normal wear and tear on the bag. It just loses it's tension over time.

About how long into the life of the bag did this take? I'd had my Four5 for 3-4 years and want at least another year (or more) out of it.

About how long into the life of the bag did this take? I'd had my Four5 for 3-4 years and want at least another year (or more) out of it.

Mine only took about 10 months to do it, but it's all relative on how it's used and how many rounds. My 10 months of golf incorporated 100+ rounds and lots of travel, so the bag definitely got use. I've had other SM bags that were not used as frequently that lasted years.

Back