Stand Bags vs. Cart Bags

Stand Bags vs. Cart Bags

• Stand Bag

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • Cart Bag

Votes: 63 48.8%

• Total voters
Nowadays having 2 or 3 different bags is not such a bad idea.I have have a nice big cart bag for riding and a good Cally stand bag for walking.Also its nice to have an extra bag around to keep all of your spare clubs,new clubs and old favorites you can't bear to sell.

I'm definitely a stand bag man, mainly because most the courses I play are walking only.

Howver, as many have mentioned if you can afford it get both and have the best of both worlds

I have both. Bought a stand bag for my first 'real' bag and always hated it on the cart. Wasn't a big fan of the legs either. Just kind of a pain to deal with. I can see why a regular carrier would want one, but they are not for me. Just got a cart bag and I love it so far.

I have both. Bought a stand bag for my first 'real' bag and always hated it on the cart. Wasn't a big fan of the legs either. Just kind of a pain to deal with. I can see why a regular carrier would want one, but they are not for me. Just got a cart bag and I love it so far.

You got the Syncro in Prizmata right?

I can't choose between the two because I have one of each and use them both!

I like to ride sometimes and I walk others, so therefore a stand bag was the only way to go. For my golfing habits a stand bag suits my needs much more than a cart bag would have. The only gripe I have, is my bag is so light and compact that it has fallen through the bottom of the cart before, and it scuffed my drive.

I need to change my vote. :smile:

Up to a couple of weeks ago I was not impressed with stand bags at all. After saving up for a new cart and being told that the cart I wanted really wasn't very good I started looking at bags again. Since I already have a very new cart bag I started looking at stand bags a little more and comparing them. I started to see that the stand bags have more versatility then the cart bags (as long as they have the correct design for the bottom) and not only could I carry the same amount in one that I normally carry in a cart bag I was hooked into giving one a go. I took the money I had saved for the new cart and bought the new model Sun Mountain 3.5. 4 way divider actually works better than a 14 way divider in my opinion as I don't struggle nearly as much with the clubs. After playing a 9 hole round I found I really like having my hands fully available when walking rather than pulling a cart around (actually get around to removing my glove sometimes and can keep better stats without feeling like I'm holding people up). The bag has really good straps (something the last stand bag I had didn't have, which probably tainted my view towards them to begin with) so the weight doesn't bother me when walking. I found after the 9 hole day, and 2 18 hole days that my legs are less tired with the stand bag as I get to walk pretty much normally instead of pulling a cart and bag, and this is when I have a not so good ankle. I'm really happy with the new bag, may have to look into the H2NO eventually since the one thing I can think of that the cart does better is hold the umbrella.

I have a Sun Mountain H2NO and love it. Never got on with cart bags

I am a big fan of OGIO stand bags. I have owned 3 over the last 12 years, they all have stood the test of time. The only reason I have traded up over the years is I wanted the new features they have incorporated and I like new toys.

I am a big fan of OGIO stand bags. I have owned 3 over the last 12 years, they all have stood the test of time. The only reason I have traded up over the years is I wanted the new features they have incorporated and I like new toys.

have you ever had problems with the actual stands? not coming out far enough for example and having to manually open them up

I like carts and cart bags, i really like staff bags the best but, i dont care for walking a course just give me a golf cart and a bag and im good but, thats just me

I have two bags, a stand bag and a cart bag. Both are Bennington Quiet Organizers. When I walk, I use a push-cart so the difference in bags is really negligible, imo. Plus, the QO stand bag is heavier than the typical stand bag and not exactly what I'd consider a carry bag anyway.

After using the Stand bag for the past year or so, for the past few rounds I've switched back to the cart bag. Love it. Plenty of room, thoughtful design and fits nicely on my Sun Mountain push-cart.

I love my C130 cart bag. I can't ever seem to fill it up no matter how much stuff I put in it. Shoes, clothes, sunscreen, 3 dozen balls at all times, about 200 tees, bug spray, 2 bottles of water, rain gear, trash, wallet, phone, my headcovers while I'm playing and still spare room. That being said I'm really checking out the optic yellow Srixon/Ogio stand bag. It just attracts my eye every time I see it!!!

I use both but it is a pain sometimes to have to switch from one to the other and back all the time. I have a heavy Ogio bag and a super- light Sun Mountain 3.5 - one is for tournaments and cart golf and the other is for when I go walking. Both I guess are stand bags technically but one is way too heavy for me to carry and walk 18 without it killing me so it only gets used when it can be strapped to a cart.

have you ever had problems with the actual stands? not coming out far enough for example and having to manually open them up

Sorry for butting in here but I have an Ogio and a Sun Mountain and I have not had that problem with either one. I have had that problem with some of the other lightweight Nike carry bags, and others, because of the way the legs are set up to release. They do stop working after a short time but no problems with the Sun Mountain or Ogio I have had both for well over a year.

I just got the Ogio Edge standbag and I must say... Wow! This is my favorite bag ever (and I previously had an Ogio bag. This bag blurs the lines between cart bags and stand bags. It does everything you would want a stand bag to do (maybe with a couple extra pounds). It has all of the great storage capacity and convenience of a cart bag and with the torque strap it stays on a cart perfectly. Plus you have to check out the Hoode system, it is pretty slick. Best all around bag I have seen.

Sorry for butting in here but I have an Ogio and a Sun Mountain and I have not had that problem with either one. I have had that problem with some of the other lightweight Nike carry bags, and others, because of the way the legs are set up to release. They do stop working after a short time but no problems with the Sun Mountain or Ogio I have had both for well over a year.

I was ready to get a new stand bag last year and was all set on getting an Ogio but my friend said that the stands were terrible, so I never got one and got the Sun Mountain H2NO instead. Glad I did though as its awesome!

Used to use a stand bag, but just switched to a cart bag to use with my new clicgear pushcart!

I am a cart bag and Ogio fan. Began with the Atlas in '06 but just got the Sultan for Christmas and it's already put away. As i mentioned, i am a fan of Ogio. Have a back pack and brief case, but this bag is so full of "extras" that nothing is functional. Pockets are too small, layout is all wrong and clubs are hard to pull. Went out aand got a Monaco 3.0 Taylormade. Much happier.

Cart bag vs. carry/stand bag

Cart bag vs. carry/stand bag

I will be buying a new bag ( most likely tomorrow ) but still cant decide between a cart bag or a stand bag. I know which brand I am after but just not sure which type. I love to walk courses but if I cant get out during the week it will be in a cart on the weekend. Most courses prefer carts on weekends so thats my problem. I would say I ride most of the time but do enjoy walking. For the walkers, do any of you carry a cart bag? without a pull cart.

Cart bag...you can put it on a pull/push cart. I don't ride often so I push around a bag with legs.

I just strap my stand bag in the cart. I've never had a problem with it.

I am a walker and always use a cart bag with my push cart. I carried when I was in high school but no reason to now since I can use a push cart. Save my energy for playing, not carrying.

Merged with a large thread on the subject.

If you are going to walk sans cart, then just go with a stand bag and strap it to the cart when you are driving. A bag with separate full length dividers would make the transition better as well I would say. You don't want to lug around a cart bag when walking.

Back