Stand Bags vs. Cart Bags

Stand Bags vs. Cart Bags

• Stand Bag

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • Cart Bag

Votes: 63 48.8%

• Total voters
Cart bag would be my choice. You can throw it on a push cart if you want to walk.

Cart bag would be my choice. You can throw it on a push cart if you want to walk.

My choice too. And since I'm not a serious golfer, I don't walk (let alone carry) very often.

Cart bags typically offer more storage space and have a few little extras. Stand bags are typically lighter, but don't have as much extra room.

I've always been in favor of the larger stand bags. I rarely walk, but it is nice to have a walking/stand bag if I do. It might be a little bigger and heavier to carry than some, but not that big an issue. I like having a bigger bag so I can pack it with stuff that I might need, especially when I am riding. Plus it is easier to carry it to the range, get in and out of the car, and since it has the stand, you won't ever have to lay it down.

I would probably prefer cart bag for the storage, but I like having the leg stands so I don't have to ever just lay it on the ground. Especially in the parking lot. Some are big enough they will stand on their own, but if it is on a hill, they might not.

Overall, I think you can get a stand bag that will be versatile enough for both uses, a cart bag really only has one use.

Cart bags typically offer more storage space and have a few little extras. Stand bags are typically lighter, but don't have as much extra room.

I've always been in favor of the larger stand bags. I rarely walk, but it is nice to have a walking/stand bag if I do. It might be a little bigger and heavier to carry than some, but not that big an issue. I like having a bigger bag so I can pack it with stuff that I might need, especially when I am riding. Plus it is easier to carry it to the range, get in and out of the car, and since it has the stand, you won't ever have to lay it down.

I would probably prefer cart bag for the storage, but I like having the leg stands so I don't have to ever just lay it on the ground. Especially in the parking lot. Some are big enough they will stand on their own, but if it is on a hill, they might not.

Overall, I think you can get a stand bag that will be versatile enough for both uses, a cart bag really only has one use.

If I could find a big enough stand bag that would be my choice, I do not own a push cart and don't intend on buying one. I like the stand bags when I do walk but I ride more because of the courses. Im probably just going to get a cart bag, the one I have been looking at seems to stand fine on its own.

For the walkers, do any of you carry a cart bag? without a pull cart.

I'd rather have a midsize stand bag that will fit on a cart, than a cart bag for carrying. Most stand bags nowadays fit on carts nicely.

I have a SunMountain stand bag, that is at least 7 years old...and is perfect for walking...and works well in carts too!

Its defiantly going to be a SunMountain, just not sure which one yet. Guess I will make up my mind in Martins tomorrow.

I prefer stand bags, because I walk pretty often. But my current bag, the Nike Performance Stand (the model after yours), also fits really well onto carts. It's not too heavy for me, and it has a TON of storage space

I got a Bennington stand bag with 14 dividers for Father's Day that fits just fine on my push cart. I haven't had to chance to put it on a motorized cart, but it should work just fine.

This is my current bag, has plenty of room but is pretty much tore up.

Gotta go with a cart bag here in FL. Had a Nike stand bag that I was using and the kick pedal kept getting in the way of properly positioning the bag on the cart.

I've got one of each, just depends on which course I'm playing as to which bag I use

I let someone use my push cart for a round and carried my cart bag, what a drag that was. Laying my bag in the wet grass, picking it up and getting a wet back the next swing. Fighting to get a club out because it's laying in the grass, watching it fall over if I did stand it up, and they don't carry well at all either, mine is a nice bag but it still only has a single strap.

I want a TaylorMade stand bag with an Integrated Putter Tube.

gotta be the cart bag all the way

It's too hot to walk in South Texas, so I always ride and therefore have a cart bag.

It's too hot to walk in South Texas, so I always ride and therefore have a cart bag.

+1 When I lived in Dallas I bought my cart bag. When its 115 your not walking, therefore you get a cart bag.

I walk all the time in TX, even in the summer. I use a pull cart but still. Cart bag all the way.

I used to carry most of the time and occasionally use a pull trolley, until I put my back out. Out course also tends to have a no trolley (and therefore no golf buggy/cart) rule in the winter and early spring to protect the course when it's wet. As a result I have a stand bag, but made sure my pull trolley was one that was designed to take stand bags to prevent the bag from twisting round when walking.

Since hurting my back I've moved to an electric trolley - the Motocaddy S1 Digital http://www.motocaddy.co.uk/uk/s1-digital.html - and that takes the stand bag without problem.

I strap my stand bag to my trolley, have to put it on sideways so to not activate the stand though

recommend a 14-way stand bag (Nike & Sun Mountain call theirs "hybrid" bags)
not great for walking… but it sounds like original post was already compromised with weight

lately with commuting between cities to play… smaller stand bags… BUT with features more aligned with cart bags… fits the bill for us

these bags have great room… and individual club dividers… and they stand up on their own

IF you also typically warmup at a range before your round… you can take this off your cart and it works well at your hitting lane too… especially if there a few feet between where you park your cart and where you tee it up

IF tho… you carry to walk mostly… wo carts…. go with a smaller bag (9" radius) and pack for that day's weather...

hope this contributed

+1 When I lived in Dallas I bought my cart bag. When its 115 your not walking, therefore you get a cart bag.

Dude, when it's 75 I'm not walking.

Uh, 75 is perfect?

Nothing is perfect for walking. Unless the cart breaks down and there is no one to come out and pick me up. That would be perfect for walking.

I do, however, use a stand bag.

Back