Steadfast Golf Shaft

Well that is some good news.
I also have one of these shafts in my 3W. However I have lost the desire and ability to use my 3W off the tee or fairway so it just sits in my bag. I also do not keep my clubs in my car except for the trip to and from the course.

So....shaft has been re-epoxied. Thankfully I spend so much time at my local Golf Galaxy that they did it at no cost. They were pretty surprised with the lack of prep on the shaft tip and they asked where I got the shaft from. :D I will definitely play my next round at a course that has little to no bodies of water anywhere near the tee boxes :ROFLMAO:. If it goes well, then it goes well,. If not, I will definitely be looking for another shaft.

Unfortunately, the old saying seems to apply here- if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Those pics and measurements are pretty disturbing.

Unfortunately, the old saying seems to apply here- if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Those pics and measurements are pretty disturbing.
It didn’t sound that too good to be true to me. There is a huge markup on shafts and the are numerous quality options from UST for under $100 a shaft.

I just came back from a range session with the Steadfast which I believe is the 2.0 version and it is fine but it certainly didn't out perform the Rogue White in my driver. I have had it for several months or else I would try to return it. It was only $100 so it doesn't bother me that much. It is a shaft I could play but it didn't do anything particularly well for me.

I may remove the tip, tip it a bit and put it in a 3 wood for my son. It will be better than the regular shaft he has in it now for him.

I received the Steadfast shaft and before testing it, wanted to share some simple data points.
The shaft I received was labeled Stiff.
It measures at 43.75" with no adapter or grip on it.

IMG_1378.jpeg

First up was putting it on the Mitchell DigiFlex 2.0, which measures CPMs. You attach a 205g weight to the end and give it a flick.
Measurement comes in at 295. Second time was 296. Third time was 295.
Based on my charts that I use, that is VERY stiff.

IMG_1377.jpeg

Next up, the torque machine. We use an Auditor Torque Machine. Steadfast claims 2.4 torque at 67g in Stiff.
Pretty close. Coming in at 2.79

IMG_1382.jpeg

Over the course of the next few days, we will tip this one with a driver adapter and take some swings with it and measure out some data.

Cosmetically it was a nice tough to put THP Golf on the shaft, although I do think the company needs to work a bit on their finishing. There are a lot of blemishes on the shaft, but since it is going to get a heavy workload coming up, we have no worries about appearance.

I received the Steadfast shaft and before testing it, wanted to share some simple data points.

View attachment 8988238

First up was putting it on the Mitchell DigiFlex 2.0, which measures CPMs. You attach a 205g weight to the end and give it a flick.

View attachment 8988239

Next up, the torque machine. We use an Auditor Torque Machine. Steadfast claims 2.4 torque at 67g in Stiff.

View attachment 8988240

Over the course of the next few days, we will tip this one with a driver adapter and take some swings with it and measure out some data.

Cosmetically it was a nice tough to put THP Golf on the shaft, although I do think the company needs to work a bit on their finishing. There are a lot of blemishes on the shaft, but since it is going to get a heavy workload coming up, we have no worries about appearance.
Wow at that number you’re looking at xx stiff.

Reactions: JB

View attachment 8988238

View attachment 8988239

View attachment 8988240

Interesting 295 is like almost 2x stiff isn’t it??

On my charts yes.
CPM is not an exact measure of stiffness though
Yeah I understand that’s but still that is dang stiff no matter how you slice it.
I should send you the x stiff they sent me as a replacement

Yeah I understand that’s but still that is dang stiff no matter how you slice it.
I should send you the x stiff they sent me as a replacement
Yes it is very stout no matter how you dice it

Yes it is very stout no matter how you dice it

mad a comparison. I think the trono that Bryson is play is around 290-300 cpms. And that is considered to be among the stiffest played on tour if not thee stiffest.

Reactions: JB

View attachment 8988238

View attachment 8988239

View attachment 8988240

Wait....is that shaft white? Did they come out with a new model already? Can we get more photos?

Wait....is that shaft white? Did they come out with a new model already? Can we get more photos?
Yes sir. I will have more photos coming today.

538944BA-ABC0-49E5-9F51-1D945B5EF6C0.jpeg

19182024-BBB6-4D83-A3FE-27B6652D5C65.jpeg
7650D33A-12AB-4A5D-8009-FB17D2432692.jpeg
DD619626-E942-4A0D-A602-C4A4EFC863F9.jpeg
CEED1118-C571-4BD4-BE57-9E7B99B1EFE0.jpeg

Does it seem like paint over the typical shaft or are they starting to sand the shafts and do more manufacturing steps?

On the surface it appears like paint over a typical shaft, which would make sense considering the amount of blemishes.

I got the Regular and it is very firm. The option was to send back and get a softer flex but candidly I'm not of opinion that would help. At one time I swung quite a bit faster. A bad wrist injury took 15mph away. So I have some old shafts around of a stiff low torque variety. This is stiffer. In my trial with the driver shaft it did what it said. My test was done on a golf course which was empty and with the balls I play and I hit 10 with my current set up and 10 with the steadfast. My current is a Kuro Kage 2nd gen Reg and the steadfast grouping was tighter but was a few yards shorter. Mind you the grouping of all 20 balls was within 15 yards in length and 15 yards in width. My driver on 90% of my swings is pretty repeatable. So my getting a Steadfast option was predicated based on a low cost. It's not better for me but could be for someone who swings faster. This shaft is built for speed. Sadly, that's not me.

mad a comparison. I think the trono that Bryson is play is around 290-300 cpms. And that is considered to be among the stiffest played on tour if not thee stiffest.
Oh good lord, this might kill me.

I ordered one, looks like something you would but at a flea-market for $25. With the horror stories I read, I decided to return it. Simple enough, right? Wrong!

I emailed Steadfast stating that I wanted to return the shaft and received an email from “Sandra” with a link to their “Refund Policy.” The word Refund isn’t even in the policy! They will not accept returns, only provide exchanges!

Attachments

• BD3CFFC5-8B91-4FF2-8261-EE8AEE0E38BB.jpeg
    BD3CFFC5-8B91-4FF2-8261-EE8AEE0E38BB.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 5

View attachment 8988238

View attachment 8988239

View attachment 8988240

How’d the testing go? Is there a thread elsewhere to read more on this shaft? Thanks for your help.

How’d the testing go? Is there a thread elsewhere to read more on this shaft? Thanks for your help.
The thing is an absolute disaster in every way possible.
The company ended up selling their build facility (Sacks Parente owns it now) but they are still pedaling these awful shafts.

Back