Steadfast Golf Shaft

I just ordered one. For $99 including adapter and grip I figured it was worth the try. If it sucks you can send it back. I went with a stiff which from a weight perspective matches what I am playing.

I am intrigued by something with such low torque.

Last edited:
I bought one about 2 weeks ago, I used it this past Sunday and Monday in my Cobra SZ. I ordered it shorter than the original shaft. I got Stiff shaft. So far I like it. I only used it on the course for those 2 rounds so far. Did it vastly improve my drives, hard to say. I changed the length so that could be a factor but I was also hitting my driver well for the most part, save for a few wayward shots before I swapped out the shafts. I am playing again this weekend Sunday and Monday so I will have more feedback after this weekend.

I figured it’s a weeks worth of Starbucks. If it is sucks no biggie. I was curious.

If this shafts performs well, what does that say about how much we are potentially being Overcharged by aftermarket shaft companies. Or it could totally suck and show that if you want something good you have to pay for it..
Dang man, I knew Starbucks was expensive but you must be heavily caffeinated at all times :LOL:

Dang man, I knew Starbucks was expensive but you must be heavily caffeinated at all times :LOL:

I actually dont drink coffee haha, but I do like my energy drinks haha. I have a pretty high tolerance is all that I am going to say. I know it is not equal, but not too far off. LOL

I figured it’s a weeks worth of Starbucks. If it is sucks no biggie. I was curious.

If this shafts performs well, what does that say about how much we are potentially being Overcharged by aftermarket shaft companies. Or it could totally suck and show that if you want something good you have to pay for it..

Its a unique marketing plan. They say made here, so that assumes rolled. They dont overly talk about the materials, but let's just assume they are not making those. If shafts have a level of fit to them (and I think most would believe they do), I am not sure we can go with the overcharged aspect. I mean every shaft company out there has shafts at different price points.

Its a unique marketing plan. They say made here, so that assumes rolled. They dont overly talk about the materials, but let's just assume they are not making those. If shafts have a level of fit to them (and I think most would believe they do), I am not sure we can go with the overcharged aspect. I mean every shaft company out there has shafts at different price points.

Very very true. It is just what amount of the cost is material and construction and R&D vs. mark up. I guess I put it poorly. I remember back in the 90s when oakley was at it hay day. That the cost to make a pair of glasses that retailed for over $100 was like 25 cents. That difference is largerly what is driving the DTC market boom.

What something is worth is largely determined by what people are willing to pay for it. I have been willing to pay for many a golf shaft.. :ROFLMAO: And I am willing to pay for more of them.

Last edited:
Very very true. It is just what amount of the cost is material and construction and R&D vs. mark up. I guess I put it poorly. I remember back in the 90s when oakley was at it hay day. That the cost to make a per of glasses that retailed for over $100 was like 25 cents. That difference is largerly what is driving the DTC market boom.

What something is worth is largely determined by what people are willing to pay for it. I have been willing to pay for many of golf shaft.. :ROFLMAO: And I am willing to pay for more of them.

I agree with this, but I think proven track record of R&D does play a role a bit. I also think there are other brands that are well known and enjoyed that have virtually no R&D and just order stuff overseas based on the specs they choose. So there is that.

I remember a new shaft company a while back that made amazing claims, etc. They refused to submit to an OEM for testing, which said a lot to me. Right or wrong, a refusal of testing, seems weird.

Now I have no idea about Steadfast. Nothing at all other than they have some pretty vague messaging, which is probably smart for their target market. My gut check point with shafts comes with the ProForce V2. It is not a costly shaft, performs really well and doesnt get talked about much.

I agree with this, but I think proven track record of R&D does play a role a bit. I also think there are other brands that are well known and enjoyed that have virtually no R&D and just order stuff overseas based on the specs they choose. So there is that.

I remember a new shaft company a while back that made amazing claims, etc. They refused to submit to an OEM for testing, which said a lot to me. Right or wrong, a refusal of testing, seems weird.

Now I have no idea about Steadfast. Nothing at all other than they have some pretty vague messaging, which is probably smart for their target market. My gut check point with shafts comes with the ProForce V2. It is not a costly shaft, performs really well and doesnt get talked about much.

I have a V2 in more fairway wood.. Great shaft!! Proven track record is huge. That is how trust is built and companies can stay relevant.

This one will be interesting as it is the first DTC component company..

Here it is.. first impressions. The shaft is completely raw there is no finish to it at all. There are some what looks like blemishes to it, that might be chatter marks from sanding.. Not sure. The logo is just a sticker that is pretty cheap looking. It just wraps around the shaft and even has some over lap to it.

The raw finish is really pretty cool looking. I dig that. But, I think a clear coat of some kind would be a good idea. I am wondering what will happen if it gets wet.. maybe nothing but I have no clue.

You can see the carbon fiber weave etc.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Okay... so I hit this thing..... big sigh...

It’s pretty bad.. I don’t like saying that and honestly I hope I am just unlucky.

I swung this literally 10 times.. I am sore and weak from going to the gym a lot the past week. My club head speed was only around 115 and after 10 swings. The tip epoxy broke lose and the head started spinning.

the swings that were made. The shaft did not feel as stable as something as low torque as this is stated to be.

another thing I noticed. That shaft is super thick. That’s like old school graphite. The only way to make a shaft stiffer, was to increase wall thickness. So to me, and I could 100% be wrong. That screams low tech and R&D.

final verdict? 👎🏻👎🏻

i guess I will he testing out their return policy next.. 😢

image.jpg

Is that just epoxy breakdown or did the tip crack/peel there?

Wow that's pretty bad for 10 swings

Is that just epoxy breakdown or did the tip crack/peel there?

just epoxy break down.

edit. Honestly not sure. I need to pull off the tip to see. But I think it is just epoxy break down. But that should be the simplest thing to get right. Right??

just epoxy break down.

edit. Honestly not sure. I need to pull off the tip to see. But I think it is just epoxy break down. But that should be the simplest thing to get right. Right??

was it not even prepped?

Oh man, that’s got zero buenos.

I have used my Steadfast shaft now for 3 rounds and 2 range sessions. I have had ZERO issues. I actually love the shaft. Today for instance I hit 10 of 13 fairways, 2 of my misses were just off the fairway due to not aiming correctly and the other one was on a fairway to my left because of a bad swing(note I am lefty). The shaft to me is super stable and when I hit my Cobra SZ the ball flew especially today after really fine tuning it the last 2 range sessions. I did have the shaft sized to 43.5” and changed the grip when I received it.
i agree the sticker is not the sexiest thing, I removed it yesterday. And the raw finish of the shaft is okay with me. Today’s round was played with a morning dew and was a cool 58 to start.
the confidence I have gained with this shaft, again I did shorten from the regular 45.5”, is a big help to my game and I hope it helps me lower my handicap a few more points before this season is over here in the Northeast.

Okay... so I hit this thing..... big sigh...

It’s pretty bad.. I don’t like saying that and honestly I hope I am just unlucky.

I swung this literally 10 times.. I am sore and weak from going to the gym a lot the past week. My club head speed was only around 115 and after 10 swings. The tip epoxy broke lose and the head started spinning.

the swings that were made. The shaft did not feel as stable as something as low torque as this is stated to be.

another thing I noticed. That shaft is super thick. That’s like old school graphite. The only way to make a shaft stiffer, was to increase wall thickness. So to me, and I could 100% be wrong. That screams low tech and R&D.

final verdict? 👎🏻👎🏻

i guess I will he testing out their return policy next.. 😢

View attachment 8963005

Looks like they use golf works epoxy :ROFLMAO:

I have used my Steadfast shaft now for 3 rounds and 2 range sessions. I have had ZERO issues. I actually love the shaft. Today for instance I hit 10 of 13 fairways, 2 of my misses were just off the fairway due to not aiming correctly and the other one was on a fairway to my left because of a bad swing(note I am lefty). The shaft to me is super stable and when I hit my Cobra SZ the ball flew especially today after really fine tuning it the last 2 range sessions. I did have the shaft sized to 43.5” and changed the grip when I received it.
i agree the sticker is not the sexiest thing, I removed it yesterday. And the raw finish of the shaft is okay with me. Today’s round was played with a morning dew and was a cool 58 to start.
the confidence I have gained with this shaft, again I did shorten from the regular 45.5”, is a big help to my game and I hope it helps me lower my handicap a few more points before this season is over here in the Northeast.

Maybe I got unlucky.. glad you like it.

I saw the ad for this and was puzzled. Went to their site and couldn't come up with any details....I'd love to move into a low torque but my swingspeed is far slower than X and more a strong R....love the info here.

I saw the ad for this and was puzzled. Went to their site and couldn't come up with any details....I'd love to move into a low torque but my swingspeed is far slower than X and more a strong R....love the info here.

I have the Stiff shaft from them. I am on the border of R and S but have always had S in my driver shafts, so I went with that.

I just got a shaft yesterday. I will try to hit it over the next few days. As was noted there is no investment in graphics or finish. I am not unhappy with my current shaft so if it isn't an improvement I will send it back.

I just ordered a B21 after a great fitting experience and a 18 hole on course demo/tryout. Prior to that, I ordered this shaft for my Sim Max after seeing this thread. Played 18 yesterday with it, and I was pretty impressed. It felt great to me, and I was really impressed with the penetrating ball flight and dispersion. Yes, I missed some fairways when I put a lousy swing on it, but my other shots were powerful and long. I feels really solid to me. Almost all of my missed were straight pushes or pulls with no side spin that were just off the fairway. I didn't have a single OB or lost ball (I'm good for 1 or 2 per round normally). This one performed the best compared to the other 3 shafts I've played in this driver. I really like it, and if I fall out of love with the B21 at some point, I will be happy/eager to play the Steadfast in my Sim Max.

I got some range time in today with my shaft. I flipped back and forth with the Aldila Rogue white that came in my Maverik. I found the Steadfast at least as stable with good feel and trajectory. It is hard to tell distance on the range I am going to take it to the course this weekend and see how it behaves.

The sticker on mine looks different than @NVGOLFER80 and frankly even cheaper looking. I will likely just remove the sticker. My only real issue besides this is that the grip isn't on straight the logo is to the side. I wasn't unhappy with the Aldila in the Maverik I was just intrigued in this at the price so it will have to pretty good to beat it out.

Back