Steadfast Golf Shaft

Price point on these is intriguing, but seems like they need some help with their finishing work! Looking forward to following along.

I would totally heat gun that sticker off of that thing.

Price point on these is intriguing, but seems like they need some help with their finishing work! Looking forward to following along.

I am going to do that tonight. It actually looks pretty cool raw. A clear coat would help.

I am going to do that tonight. It actually looks pretty cool raw. A clear coat would help.
I took the sticker off. I like the unfinished look of the shaft. So far no complaints from me with this shaft.

I have one for a Ping G410 Plus. I removed the sticker since the seam was looking up at me on a slight angle at address. The Streadfast is also an inch shorter than the stock shaft (didn’t order it that way). Everything was a Ballooning, spinning right fade for me the first time out, but not my best swinging day for sure. Maybe just me, but the shaft taper seems to curve down toward the adapter, the stock shaft is a straight taper, if that makes sense. CB Alta is back in for now.

You need to get one before the tournament so I can try it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Still waiting on my B21 to come in, but had another good round today with this shaft. It's been really solid for me with the TM Sim Max head. Really seems to keep the ball from sliding on me. Misses are pushes or pulls that don't have side spin on them. Just off the fairway , not fades or draws. I'm very confident that I'm not going to have a big miss with this shaft. If I fall outta love with the B21, I'm gaming the MAX with the Steadfast for certain.

I have had the Steadfast out three times so far and have hit it well. Yesterday I hit every fairway and the distance was solid. I don’t think it was further but I hit it straight. Today I hit it well for most of the round then my body got tired (I walked 9 miles total on Friday and 13 on Saturday). I would be interested in getting some LM numbers for it.

You need to get one before the tournament so I can try it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll almost certainly have at least one new toy by then, but no promises that I'll be shaft tinkering.

I got some launch monitor numbers with the Steadfast the other day and they are fine but frankly not quite as good as my numbers with the stock Rogue White shaft that I got with my Mavrik. I am going to put the Rogue back in this weekend then make a decision. Right now I am leaning toward sending it back.

Had another good round today with the Steadfast. Comparing the Sim Max with the steadfast to a new Cally B21 with a Tensie Blue in it. Really like the B21 and the control I'm getting, but The Max with the Steadfast is just a bomber! And frankly, my misses are livable with the Max now that I have the Steadfast in it. All I can say is hitting this setup just seems more fun than the B21. I definitely like the B21, just enjoying the Max and Steadfast more. Going out again on Sunday for more comparo, but leaning towards the Steady Eddie shaft and the Max.

Had another good round today with the Steadfast. Comparing the Sim Max with the steadfast to a new Cally B21 with a Tensie Blue in it. Really like the B21 and the control I'm getting, but The Max with the Steadfast is just a bomber! And frankly, my misses are livable with the Max now that I have the Steadfast in it. All I can say is hitting this setup just seems more fun than the B21. I definitely like the B21, just enjoying the Max and Steadfast more. Going out again on Sunday for more comparo, but leaning towards the Steady Eddie shaft and the Max.
Been playing this shaft for a month or so, more than 10 rounds. Reg flex in a cobra speedzone 10.5. I'm 64 so swing speed is not off the charts around 90. I like this one, maybe only 3-4 yds longer but I'm in play more often than not, have typically fought a hard draw or hook, straightened out significantly. Free shipping, tip adapter and no tax makes this shaft around $60 or so, so far so good.

I'm still digging it, but want to give this shaft a try in my B21. May just buy a new one for the B21 instead of switching adapters.

Really like how much I can get after this shaft. It feels really good when I lean on it, and I don't get big misses.

It's not a beauty looks wise, but it definitely works.

I just put a Steadfast stiff shaft into my 3 wood, Titleist 917. I had it shipped at 41”, changed the adaptor because they only put driver adapters and the grip. I prefer the MCC plus 4 align grip. I have only swung it around the house and Sunday I will be taking it to the course to use. I have a Steadfast currently in my Cobra SZ and I love it. Length off the tee is probably the same but misses aren’t as bad like others are saying. I can’t wait to try my 3 wood this Sunday off the tee. My home course has some holes I need to hit the 3 at and I had lost all confidence in the 3wood with the longer shaft in it. Just an experiment to see what happens.

I stumbled upon the ad on facebook today, hadn't really given it a ton of thought, but at that price point could be an interesting test at least. But with so many other good shafts on the secondary market it's hard to not think it's a deal that's too good to be true just based on price alone.

Intersting video today:

I am back to the Rogue white in my Maverik but I haven't spent time on a LM to compare numbers. I hit the Steadfast well but I don't see it as being an improvement over the Rogue.

Okay... so I hit this thing..... big sigh...

It’s pretty bad.. I don’t like saying that and honestly I hope I am just unlucky.

I swung this literally 10 times.. I am sore and weak from going to the gym a lot the past week. My club head speed was only around 115 and after 10 swings. The tip epoxy broke lose and the head started spinning.

the swings that were made. The shaft did not feel as stable as something as low torque as this is stated to be.

another thing I noticed. That shaft is super thick. That’s like old school graphite. The only way to make a shaft stiffer, was to increase wall thickness. So to me, and I could 100% be wrong. That screams low tech and R&D.

final verdict? 👎🏻👎🏻

i guess I will he testing out their return policy next.. 😢

View attachment 8963005
I didn't see this thread initially. I started reading it and thinking maybe you found something special. Then I get to this post for the big let down, lol. Props to you for taking the chance on it. How was the return process? Did they just want to do a swap or were you looking to get money back? It doesn't look like the tip was prepped at all.

I didn't see this thread initially. I started reading it and thinking maybe you found something special. Then I get to this post for the big let down, lol. Props to you for taking the chance on it. How was the return process? Did they just want to do a swap or were you looking to get money back? It doesn't look like the tip was prepped at all.

They took it back no questions. So that was nice. Just out the shipping.

A fitter I know was talking up the Steadfast shaft after one of his customers when to the shop in person They rolled a shaft right in front of him. He was out the door in a couple of hours. He was longer and a bunch straighter.
The extremely low tq had me very intrigued along with their lack of a spine.
Price wise I cant figure out how they are doing it. $79.00 to my door with a TM tip and a grip. Thats a give a way price. The tip is probably 9, grip is 4, shipping 12.. then material and some labor. Its not sanded and not painted so there is some serious time savings there.
So I had to pull the trigger. I see some guys complaining about the finish or lack there of. These shafts are raw. Unsanded and unpainted. To me... I love the simplistic no BS look. Its just business and the business is to pound balls. A very small and out of the way sticker was a welcome surprise as I've seen some of the giant stickers on other Stead fast shafts.
The butt parallel is extremely long and near 28-29". There is almost no tip parallel.
After hitting a half dozen balls with my gamer Avalon 6 S in a Sim 9.0 I swapped in the Steadfast. In my Avalon I'm fighting a bad fade. Very workable but my swing is off.

Right away I marveled at how smooth the shaft felt. Barry White smooth. First shot had a big fade but was really long. My timing was way off. Then I hit a good dozen balls and was very surprised to see how tight the dispersion was. It had a higher launch and then went flat and soared. (I will have this on a monitor in a few hours). At the range is could see it was visibly longer by a good bit. Seemed a good 7-10 yards.
Honestly after reading the early reviews and a few horror stories I didn't know what to expect. But these things flat out work. I will order another shaft and see if I can get it just a bit stiffer. I'll also take it apart and see what it has for CPM.

For sure these shafts are for real. If fancy graphics are what you need... then move on. If you want a great feeling shaft that works,, spend the $79.99. Its well worth it.
bb6323def8b3324fb66f855c794ba125.jpg
d2253f36cbf2466db64677618dc353f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I agree on the look. I peeled the sticker off of mine and like the way it looks raw. I played a couple of rounds with it and hit it well and went back to the Rogue White and have hit that well also. I am going to throw the Steadfast back in my driver and get some LM numbers with it and see how the two shafts compare.

Hello Hacker's Paradise Community!

Steadfast Golf here. Thank you for all this discussion about our golf shafts! There is some great feedback in here.

I see that most of the negative comments are from pre-November which would mean that yes, these were from our first batches! We'd like to address this.

We admit, there were inconsistencies at that time in our advertising of our shaft metrics. These issues have been corrected! Updated pictures have been posted on our Facebook page and updated on the website.

Glue/Adaptor Issues: Our two part epoxy was not properly 1:1 mixed on a batch of 50 S2 shafts and this led to...you guessed it...50 customers with twisting adaptors. I would be ticked, I get it! I'm not saying I wouldn't have taken it to the pro shop and got it epoxied for $5 and given it a true shot (we told them to do this and send us the bill to cover the cost), but hey that is each individual's prerogative and we all know how picky golfers can be. All of these individuals that reached out about this received a free shaft as a replacement...above and beyond a simple $5 pro shop fix. We want to make sure that you know each and every customer is important to us and that we stand behind our product. We have upgraded our epoxy to a premix Brampton aerospace grade epoxy. We have had 1 total return in the last 30 days over 1,000+ orders that was related to glue quality. A handful of other returns we have seen on the S4 is due to our product not meshing with their particular swing paths....not every shaft is perfect for 100% of the players out there as we know. That is why there's more than one shaft company.

We have gone through 4 iterations of our shafts in 3 months. The S1, our prototype model, was used for simulator testing, robot testing, and then field testing. We then perfected this model to be the "S2". The S3 (for 2 days of production) was a "ultralight" shaft that weighed in at 45 grams. It was more of a proof of concept iteration / we were challenged by our Facebook page community to deliver a light shaft. Some of these were sent out and this lead to even more confusion about our play metrics. Understood. Things were changing on the fly and it was hard to keep the website updated! You'll notice that most of the forum comments throughout the web are from around this time.....that is why.

Our most recent iteration, the S4, is our best foot forward. We have implemented multiple quality control checks on grip application and tipping procedure steps with our new team members. We have put 8 Americans back to work during a this pandemic. We are proud of that. Every day, we are learning and getting better. We have 8 guys putting in 12 hour days to make sure that you all have the ability to purchase a high performing golf shaft that doesn't break your bank and is made in America.

We have changed our shaft logos to be smaller. We know that we don't have as impressive graphics like the big boys. Our emphasis was on proving first the torque concept, getting our dispersion patterns better than F*jik*ra and Mits*bi*hi (3rd Party Tested via Golf Laboratories - we beat them on a robot by 37 and 46 yards respectively.) You guys know why they spend money on their graphics (which you end up paying for in the end)? It's to "hide" all of these "imperfections" or in actuality, "realities" of making a carbon fiber golf shaft. We aren't trying to fool anyone. Here is our raw golf shaft that performs better statistically than the leading competitors. Ok, now we can get fancy with graphics, different grips, higher grade raw materials (we use raw materials that are 6x the price they use in Asia, we are experimenting with the materials that are 18x) We don't pay brokers, we don't ship our product across an ocean on a cargo ship, we don't pay tarrif taxes, we don't pay distributors, we don't spend millions of dollars annually on advertising, we don't sponsor hundreds of PGA players (YET!). All of those costs are built into your +$250 shaft.

We just make golf shafts and sell them direct to the customer....cutting out the umpteen steps that make your shaft cost +$250

We are a 3 month old company that stands behind our products and will do everything in our power to address any issues you are seeing. We offer a performance guarantee and a flex guarantee. If you want to try another flex, we'll make it happen. If you want your money back, no problem. Our customer service team rocks and will take care of you.

We have 2,200+ customers in the last 3 months that seem to be really enjoying their Steadfast Golf shafts - unfortunately some blogs seems to trend towards the negative.

We have recently released 3W and 5W shafts, with hybrids in development.

If you have read this far, thank you. Come check out our Facebook page "Steadfast Golf" to see the comments from our community, our Instagram "steadfastgolf" for day to day updates and posts (like Whit Merrifield playing our shaft at Pebble Beach this weekend) , or head over to www.steadfastgolf.com to check out our offerings. Email us, call us, FB chat us, Instagram Message us, send us a messenger pigeon....we will take care of you, answer any and all of your questions, and ensure that you have all of the information you need before you make your purchase.

Happy Swinging!

Steadfast Golf

James 1:12

Genuinely happy to hear about your success.

One quick note, most shaft companies don’t sponsor tour players either.

Interesting test results beating other companies shafts by nearly 50 yards. I’d love to learn more about heads used and testing parameters for that. Im sure the core, educated golfer that spends time on this forum would too.

JB - Great Question!

All testing was done with a Taylor Made 10.5 degree M5 Head.

Dispersion was measured with shots off of the Heal, Center, and Toe of the face and compared respectively to the competitors.

Golf Laboratories duplicated our results independently with a robot (y)

A fitter I know was talking up the Steadfast shaft after one of his customers when to the shop in person They rolled a shaft right in front of him. He was out the door in a couple of hours. He was longer and a bunch straighter.
The extremely low tq had me very intrigued along with their lack of a spine.
Price wise I cant figure out how they are doing it. $79.00 to my door with a TM tip and a grip. Thats a give a way price. The tip is probably 9, grip is 4, shipping 12.. then material and some labor. Its not sanded and not painted so there is some serious time savings there.
So I had to pull the trigger. I see some guys complaining about the finish or lack there of. These shafts are raw. Unsanded and unpainted. To me... I love the simplistic no BS look. Its just business and the business is to pound balls. A very small and out of the way sticker was a welcome surprise as I've seen some of the giant stickers on other Stead fast shafts.
The butt parallel is extremely long and near 28-29". There is almost no tip parallel.
After hitting a half dozen balls with my gamer Avalon 6 S in a Sim 9.0 I swapped in the Steadfast. In my Avalon I'm fighting a bad fade. Very workable but my swing is off.

Right away I marveled at how smooth the shaft felt. Barry White smooth. First shot had a big fade but was really long. My timing was way off. Then I hit a good dozen balls and was very surprised to see how tight the dispersion was. It had a higher launch and then went flat and soared. (I will have this on a monitor in a few hours). At the range is could see it was visibly longer by a good bit. Seemed a good 7-10 yards.
Honestly after reading the early reviews and a few horror stories I didn't know what to expect. But these things flat out work. I will order another shaft and see if I can get it just a bit stiffer. I'll also take it apart and see what it has for CPM.

For sure these shafts are for real. If fancy graphics are what you need... then move on. If you want a great feeling shaft that works,, spend the $79.99. Its well worth it.
bb6323def8b3324fb66f855c794ba125.jpg
d2253f36cbf2466db64677618dc353f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Glad to see you are enjoying it! We are working on upgrading our graphics - in the mean time, one of our new employees designed these upgraded decals ^

JB - Great Question!

All testing was done with a Taylor Made 10.5 degree M5 Head.

Dispersion was measured with shots off of the Heal, Center, and Toe of the face and compared respectively to the competitors.

Golf Laboratories duplicated our results independently with a robot (y)

same flex? Weight? Length? I’d love to see those results.

We have brought dozens of THPers to shaft companies to roll their own shafts and get educated on design and technology, 50 yards of dispersion with same weight, flex and length barring choosing some extremes seems “interesting”.

Back