Steadfast Golf Shaft

G

G410 LST head weighs 208g.
So most other OEM driver heads should be a reasonable SW then, right? I don’t know for sure, but read the F9 head should weight around 198 grams which should result in D5 with this steadfast shaft (or close to it). Much more reasonable than D8.

TXG Review of our S2 Shaft

I'm not usually swayed too much by reviews because I always feel like equipment in general is a very personal experience. What works for me doesn't work for others and vice versa. I like heavier and stiffer clubs as it slows my tempo down. Most people don't like swinging my clubs because of the weight. (current gamer is an Epic Flash w/70g PX "Hulk" in x flex). I couldn't even begin to tell you what swing weight Im currently playing but I'm guessing D6/D7* However, I'm going to test it in a Taylormade M5. That video does strike me as interesting as my swing speed is closer to his.(119-122). I'm definitely looking forward to giving it a shot!

*curiosity got the best of me, D6 😂

Last edited:
So most other OEM driver heads should be a reasonable SW then, right? I don’t know for sure, but read the F9 head should weight around 198 grams which should result in D5 with this steadfast shaft (or close to it). Much more reasonable than D8.
Should be more reasonable with a lighter head. Might feel strange depending on the balance point though. I haven't watched the video yet. Imagine there was a reason for choosing that head.

So interesting that you guys are already on version 4 of your shafts. It’s nice to see a company notice issues arise from customer feedback and adjust quickly.

The video review almost convinced me not to try it because with most heads/shafts I prefer around D4. But it looks like my current F9 head should be around 198 grams stock. I had to add weight to get it to D4 with the stock shaft cut to play at 45” from the stock 45.25” standard playing length (non-cobra connect grip).

So I still think I’m going to order and see what shakes out with my F9 head. I’ve done some testing with my son who struggled to time the face at D2 and 44.5” playing length (weight added to head) but timed the face much better with the same head and stock weights to hit D2 in a 45” playing length. So I’m curious how similar changes would affect me. In this case specifically, more swing weight from the balance point of the shaft as opposed to adding weight to the head.
So 110 SS should go stiff?

I would recommend a Stiff flex at 110MPH swing speed - - if you don't like the Stiff, we can get you into a 1X no problem - - we offer a flex guarantee! We will get you taken care of :)

So interesting that you guys are already on version 4 of your shafts. It’s nice to see a company notice issues arise from customer feedback and adjust quickly.

Thank you!

Yes, the feedback from the TXG video today for example was the feedback we were hearing in September and made our modifications from the S2 that he was hitting to our S3 and now S4 :)

We get better each day - - daily refinement - a continuous improvement attitude is key!

Should be more reasonable with a lighter head. Might feel strange depending on the balance point though. I haven't watched the video yet. Imagine there was a reason for choosing that head.

The shaft that one of our customers sent them was tipped with a Ping adaptor so that's what the TXG guys threw on there. It does feel strange with a heavy head on there, I can attest. I went from swining my XR at 189 grams to the exact head they were hitting at 208 grams in consecutive swings and I thought I was swinging a sledgehammer and had lost all control of my driver swing for a second.

I'm not usually swayed too much by reviews because I always feel like equipment in general is a very personal experience. What works for me doesn't work for others and vice versa. I like heavier and stiffer clubs as it slows my tempo down. Most people don't like swinging my clubs because of the weight. (current gamer is an Epic Flash w/70g PX "Hulk" in x flex). I couldn't even begin to tell you what swing weight Im currently playing but I'm guessing D6/D7* However, I'm going to test it in a Taylormade M5. That video does strike me as interesting as my swing speed is closer to his.(119-122). I'm definitely looking forward to giving it a shot!

*curiosity got the best of me, D6 😂

I was seeing total distance of about 305 average with the Epic Flash on the 1X @ 115 MPH SS, 160 BS. That's a great head! Curious how the sweet spot is technically a bit high of center center

Was just on the web site. it shows a red shaft, blue shaft, white and green shaft. how do you know which color you get?

Red is 1X Flex
Green is Stiff
Blue is Reg
Green is Senior

You just need to specify what flex you want and we'll take care of the rest :cool:

Same here. Just ordered in X flex with a Cobra adapter. I’m currently playing my F9 in a HZRDUS Black 65 in 6.5/X (62 grams uncut and 3.2* of torque). I swing 120+ on GCQuad (max I’ve recorded is 124). I’m currently playing the head turned down to 7.5* of loft because of the spin from that head/shaft combo. It will be interesting to see if I can play it at 8 or 9* with the Steadfast shaft. My miss is usually a push or push-hook. Using the upright/draw setting on my F9 head seems to help with the start line (less right for a right handed golfer) but exaggerates the hook on misses and creates over-draws on the quality hits. I’ll typically score high 70’s from the front tees to high 80’s from the tips. I’ve had mixed results with my HZRDUS Black and the driver is not my strength. I consistently hit 300+ yard drives, but have accuracy issues. A little offline in my wood lined course at those distances mean a lost golf ball. So if I’m not playing the tips I’m usually hitting a driving iron off the tee.

My son swings 105 mph. I’ll have him compare it as well against his HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 in 6.5 (61 grams uncut and 3.5* of torque). Though, he’s playing a TS2 head so it won’t be as similar of a test since he’ll be hitting the Steadfast in my Cobra head. His miss is a straight push and he doesn’t bend the ball much either way. He shoots mid-70’s from his tees and is a better golfer than me. He’s also had a lot of success with the HZRDUS Smoke shaft and has the 60 gram in his driver, 70 in his 3 wood, and 90 in his 3 hybrid.

Red is 1X Flex
Green is Stiff
Blue is Reg
Green is Senior

You just need to specify what flex you want and we'll take care of the rest :cool:
Speaking of the flexes .... how accurate are they within the swing speed recommendations? What if you're right on the border? 98 - 102. Is it stiff or regular?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The shaft that one of our customers sent them was tipped with a Ping adaptor so that's what the TXG guys threw on there. It does feel strange with a heavy head on there, I can attest. I went from swining my XR at 189 grams to the exact head they were hitting at 208 grams in consecutive swings and I thought I was swinging a sledgehammer and had lost all control of my driver swing for a second.
There's a reason Ping comes with a CB shaft. Whomever ordered that shaft probably didn't give any thought to the weight aspect. Seems to perform well in the video though.

Speaking of the flexes .... how accurate are they within the swing speed recommendations? What if you're right on the border? 98 - 102. Is it stiff or regular?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would recommend a Regular flex for you at that swing speed. If the Regular is not stiff enough, we will exchange it for a Stiff flex no problem!

I would recommend a Regular flex for you at that swing speed. If the Regular is not stiff enough, we will exchange it for a Stiff flex no problem!
Good. That's the one I ordered first. 👍

A shipping label was made for my order today. If it’s picked up tomorrow I should have it Friday. The weather should be good, so if I get it I’ll have it on the range Friday evening.

Shaft arrived today, I'm hoping to get out on the range sometime this week, but the weather isn't looking great.

Attachments

• 20201202_113508.jpg
    20201202_113508.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 22
Mine didn’t update until after 7pm today but somehow says it will be delivered tomorrow. We’ll see.

Shaft arrived today, I'm hoping to get out on the range sometime this week, but the weather isn't looking great.

How does the shaft and label/sticker look to you now that you have one in person?

Mine didn’t update until after 7pm today but somehow says it will be delivered tomorrow. We’ll see.

How does the shaft and label/sticker look to you now that you have one in person?
It's very minimalist, which I'm okay with. The finish is a matte carbon shaft with a 1-3/4" full wrap sticker at the end of the grip. A little OCD thing, but the sticker doesn't line up with any of the adapter settings. Also it's odd to be able to remove the graphics of a shaft. I did cut the grip and replace with a midsized puregrip dtx I had in my cabinet. Again minimalist. Minimalist graphics, minimalist grip... but reasonably priced and maybe? a good shaft?? I hope to get to swing it asap. I took it to the funny yard and the overall feel is good, I like balance of it.

Taylormade M5 / Steadfast X flex(70? Is? Grams) not sure on the weight
Gamer: Callaway Epic Flash / ProjectX 70g green smoke(hulk)

I was able to slide out for a chilly round. The ball just was not flying at all. Overall, it's a solid option. Ground breaking? Not sure, as I was going on visuals and 1 round only. I would be interested in putting it on a monitor to see numbers. I had one stellar drive and several "okay" drives. The stellar one was a 290yd drive up hill. I definitely flipped a couple right, but I don't think that's indicative of the shaft. That's one of my superpowers, I have the ability to make forgiving drivers/shafts be unforgiving. 🤣 I do think it can be overpowered, but it's forgiving as well. I hit some shots that should have been out of play, but were more than playable. I also intentionally over-swung just to see, and it isn't infallible. The Hulk seems more acceptable to my quick transition on my power swing. Meaning, when I swing hard, and make center contact, the head is where it needs to be to keep the ball in play. Some shafts it feels like they don't keep up when I swing "hard". I'm trying to do less swinging at full speed. I'm that instance, the Steadfast struggled where the Project X shines. Not exactly scientific, but to me golf is a feel sport.

So this shaft came in today.
Looks: I'm not too fond of the all matte carbon looking finish with no logos, color, etc. The sticker just below grip is the only identifier that it's a Steadfast shaft.
Came with a Golf Pride velvet grip, which is fine. The adapter is no where near aligned. A1 should be aligned under the GP logo, unless it's been spined but I highly doubt it.
Length is at least an inch or inch and half longer than standard. The picture is comparing my gamer Helium shaft cut at 44.5"
Weight is a bit heavier than what I'm used to. Am I going to have to go after it more than usual? Or do I just rely on the weight of the shaft to help gain momentum in the swing?
I have yet to swing it outside (raining) but its together just waiting.
More comments soon to come.

Attachments

• 20201204_144845.jpg
    20201204_144845.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201204_144741.jpg
    20201204_144741.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201204_144704.jpg
    20201204_144704.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20201204_144914.jpg
    20201204_144914.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20201204_144856.jpg
    20201204_144856.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 13
Mine arrived today as well. I’ll be taking it to the range in a few hours. My first impressions are that is does feel stout when trying to flex it and there is no marking for weight/flex in the sticker. Mine is supposed to be a 70/X shaft and the sticker is red with green lettering like the shaft @Qwkz51 got, so I guess the expectation is that the buyer would know the model by the sticker colors? I think if @Steadfast Golf is going to take the time to add stickers, they should probably include weight and flex on the sticker.

I’ll be checking swing weight and playing length when I get home here soon and will report back.

Last edited:
Did some measuring, installed the shaft, and here is what I found:

1. The Steadfast shaft does not play at 45”. My Cobra was factory cut to play at 45” and measures 43.5” uninstalled. The Steadfast shaft is exactly 1” longer than my Cobra supplied HZRDUS Black. To be fair, different OEM’s use different methods to measure. I used a Golfworks shaft ruler and the Steadfast shows to play at 46” in the Cobra head while my HZRDUS measured at 45” (matching Cobra’s length).

2. The Steadfast shaft is noticeably larger in diameter than the HZRDUS across the entire length of the shaft. It also feels stouter when trying to flex the shaft slightly by hand.

3. The grip is not installed with the logo up at the standard adapter setting. It’s off to 10 o’clock from square. If Steadfast is trying to quickly install grips and isn’t going to bother with the logo they should consider using Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grips. It doesn’t bother me as it will be replaced at some point. The grip also isn’t installed properly. I held another GP grip next to it and it is longer than the installed GP grip. It feels like it is fully seated, so it just wasn’t fully stretched to the proper length.

4. The swing weight is still heavy, at least at the 46” playing length. I used an aftermarket 8g weight with my HZRDUS to replace the stock Cobra 2g in order to get to D4. I’ve since installed a midsize GP Z-grip Cord and found that slightly lowered it to D3.5. Those same weights (aftermarket 8g and stock 14g) with the Steadfast shaft came in at D7.5. I replaced the aftermarket 8g weight with the stock 2g weight to get it back to D4.5.

I’m going to test at these specs today and maybe longer before making any measurement, SW, or grip changes. Pictures of the shafts, grip, and measurements are attached

Attachments

• 8F5B7C1D-9942-49E4-AA77-A460E871F548.jpeg
    8F5B7C1D-9942-49E4-AA77-A460E871F548.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 12
  • A7DF7695-1959-4A6F-993B-1566E32FEBBB.jpeg
    A7DF7695-1959-4A6F-993B-1566E32FEBBB.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 6A1B57FA-49EC-4263-B593-D4DFF43F23F7.jpeg
    6A1B57FA-49EC-4263-B593-D4DFF43F23F7.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 13
  • A9200F92-2CE2-4FB4-8547-0F2CF3185069.jpeg
    A9200F92-2CE2-4FB4-8547-0F2CF3185069.jpeg