Steadfast Golf Shaft

Just back from the range and my first thoughts are very positive. I had to play around with my setup to get the face/path right, but I think that was because the standard grip is a little small for me. I’m in between standard and midsize depending on which golf grip company I refer to and I’ve played midsize for over a year or longer. Once I got that figured out the results looked very promising.

The 9 degrees provided a better looking launch window than I’m used to as I was playing my HZRDUS/Cobra combo at 7.5 to keep the spin down. I think the weight and stiffness/torque is providing better launch characteristics for me and is making the 9* setting work.

I haven’t played a 46” driver in a long time and was pleasantly surprised to see that my contact pattern was no better/worse than it was in previous shorter setups. I also feel like I was carrying the ball farther than normal.

However, it was dark from the start of my session so I’m basing that on the initial launch and how far I could track the ball flight with my eyes. That’s going to require some on course testing before I say this combo is longer for me.

Overall I’m very happy with the shaft and setup so far. I want to confirm that the 9* setting is carrying as long or longer than my prior setup and if so I will likely keep it at 46” for this year and just slap my preferred grip on it. I don’t hit driver many holes unless I’m playing from the tips, and I only do that occasionally. So I’m thinking I should spend a season playing a longer driver since I’m only using it when I have room to allow for a 75 yard dispersion pattern anyway. This means I’m usually hitting 3 wood or 2i off most tees.

Now I’m considering picking up a 3 and 5 wood with adapters to try the 3/5 shafts from Steadfast.

Just back from the range and my first thoughts are very positive. I had to play around with my setup to get the face/path right, but I think that was because the standard grip is a little small for me. I’m in between standard and midsize depending on which golf grip company I refer to and I’ve played midsize for over a year or longer. Once I got that figured out the results looked very promising.

The 9 degrees provided a better looking launch window than I’m used to as I was playing my HZRDUS/Cobra combo at 7.5 to keep the spin down. I think the weight and stiffness/torque is providing better launch characteristics for me and is making the 9* setting work.

I haven’t played a 46” driver in a long time and was pleasantly surprised to see that my contact pattern was no better/worse than it was in previous shorter setups. I also feel like I was carrying the ball farther than normal.

However, it was dark from the start of my session so I’m basing that on the initial launch and how far I could track the ball flight with my eyes. That’s going to require some on course testing before I say this combo is longer for me.

Overall I’m very happy with the shaft and setup so far. I want to confirm that the 9* setting is carrying as long or longer than my prior setup and if so I will likely keep it at 46” for this year and just slap my preferred grip on it. I don’t hit driver many holes unless I’m playing from the tips, and I only do that occasionally. So I’m thinking I should spend a season playing a longer driver since I’m only using it when I have room to allow for a 75 yard dispersion pattern anyway. This means I’m usually hitting 3 wood or 2i off most tees.

Now I’m considering picking up a 3 and 5 wood with adapters to try the 3/5 shafts from Steadfast.
Much more in depth than my post, but I completely agree on your points. I have nothing bad to say about this shaft. Any bad result I see are likely a result of my terrible swing. I will continue to put this in play for a bit and will follow up.

I got another range session in today and think I’ve settled at 8* after playing around with various settings. I do think it’s as long or longer than my prior shaft based on seeing the entire ball flight in daylight. I still need to get it out on the course to confirm.

I attempted to hit some toe and heel shots and could still produce some excess curvature with the shaft. I also really tried to rip the handle through impact and hit some 50 yard slices. So, like every other shaft I’ve tried, it’s not magic and won’t produce quality shots with massive face to path differences.

I also found another issue with the build quality. The shaft looks like it’s diameter is too small inside the adapter or that it could have used a shim. Maybe it is just a lack of epoxy? See the attached picture. It feels like it’s securely glued into the adapter though.

Attachments

• 37EE61E0-82E2-4DB4-A584-11832D87C7C3.jpeg
    37EE61E0-82E2-4DB4-A584-11832D87C7C3.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 30
Measured the shaft to be 1" to 1 1/2" longer than standard.
My gamer comes in at D3 swingweight, while this shaft now comes in at D6.5. I knew it would be heavier but damn. I'm going to have to switch around the weights a bit to try and lower it back down. Not sure I will be able to get used to that weight.
Will try and hit some balls in the backyard tomorrow.
More to come.

I got another range session in today and think I’ve settled at 8* after playing around with various settings. I do think it’s as long or longer than my prior shaft based on seeing the entire ball flight in daylight. I still need to get it out on the course to confirm.

I attempted to hit some toe and heel shots and could still produce some excess curvature with the shaft. I also really tried to rip the handle through impact and hit some 50 yard slices. So, like every other shaft I’ve tried, it’s not magic and won’t produce quality shots with massive face to path differences.

I also found another issue with the build quality. The shaft looks like it’s diameter is too small inside the adapter or that it could have used a shim. Maybe it is just a lack of epoxy? See the attached picture. It feels like it’s securely glued into the adapter though.

Thank you for your thorough review of your experience thus far with the driver shaft, your detailed feedback is very much appreciated!

Send an email to lynette@steadfast.industries and we will send you a replacement with a better tip! We are seeing minor variations in the non-OEM Cobra adaptors diameters from our last procurement.

Really pretty cool to see so many sold on here.

Thank you for your thorough review of your experience thus far with the driver shaft, your detailed feedback is very much appreciated!

Send an email to lynette@steadfast.industries and we will send you a replacement with a better tip! We are seeing minor variations in the non-OEM Cobra adaptors diameters from our last procurement.

Awesome and thanks. I just sent the email with my original order info, the link to this thread, as well as a screenshot of what you wrote and the picture of my adapter.

Thanks again.

I ordered the 1/3/5 and they arrived today. Once I decided to try out the 1...The 3/5 were another 69 bucks.....Well Why not...I'll tinker around with these shortly and report back.

So most other OEM driver heads should be a reasonable SW then, right? I don’t know for sure, but read the F9 head should weight around 198 grams which should result in D5 with this steadfast shaft (or close to it). Much more reasonable than D8.
Sim 9.0 head swing weighted at D2.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Steadfast sent me a replacement shaft and the adapter is installed correctly this go around. There is no space around the shaft tip and the epoxy looks evenly distributed. The shaft is exactly the same length and otherwise looks and feels the same as the first shaft I received.

This one came in at D6, I assume because of the additional epoxy compared to the first shaft. It’s installed and I’ll be playing 18 today. This is the first time I’ll have a steadfast shaft out on the course.

It was muddy and nasty so I only played 9 holes with the Steadfast shaft today. I used the driver 6/7 fairways, even when I normally wouldn’t on those holes just to test this shaft. I couldn’t on the first hole because of the layout. I started with it at 9* just to see how it would play on the course (2nd hole/fairway) and it was in the right fringe just off the fairway. The shot was straight, but too high and maybe carried 250-260, well short of what I’m used to. After that I dropped it to 8* and went to the draw side of the adapter to try and offset any face angle changes.

1st fairway was a 2i - the dog leg and group in front of me kept me from using the driver.

2nd fairway - right fringe - 250-260 - 9*, looked like a high spinning/ballooned shot but was very straight.

3rd fairway - FIR and ~300 - left half of the fairway and a short pitch onto the green remaining.

4th fairway - FIR and ~300. It’s a dog leg left that wraps around water. I tried to drive the green over the water and was just in front of the green with another short pitch on.

5th fairway - FIR and ~275. This was really tight for driver. I hit an over draw that clipped the left trees on the way down but got a lucky bounce back iron the fairway.

6th fairway - FIR and ~275-280 into wind.

7th fairway - Missed left - this was another hole too tight for driver and I hooked this one into water.

Overall, I’m impressed. I only hit one bad shot with the driver on the 9th hole and it would never normally be a driver hole for me. It was probably my best round with the driver since July of this year. But the course in July was wide open and isn’t in the same realm of difficulty for me/my game as today’s course. Unfortunately my short game was off and I still ended up shooting a 45.

I also noticed the grip on this new shaft was installed out of line for any adapter setting as well. But it’s really not an issue to me. I just wanted to put that out there in case it’s an issue for others. If Steadfast doesn’t change to 360 grips maybe the should offer an option to ship with the grip off/in the box.

I have a Z-grip Cord (my normal grip) coming from Amazon that will be here Monday. I think I’m going to trim a little off the butt end, like .25”, just to get the swing weight down some and then will install my preferred grip Monday evening. If the weather cooperates I’ll be able to hit it in that setup on Tuesday evening.

So I took the bait and ordered a driver shaft. Supposed to arrive tomorrow and I'll put my G410 head on it and take it to the range Tuesday morning before I go to work. I already have a feeling that I'll need to butt trim it based on others saying its longer than expected, and I know if I do that, then there wont be any returning it. I am hopeful.....but a little skeptical.

Shaft arrived today. I compared it to a couple shafts that I already have for my G410. Ping Alta CB stiff that I cut down to a playing length of 44.5" and a Tensei Orange that plays at the stock length per Ping of 45.25". It's definitely thicker than the others and even a little bit longer than the Tensei... Here are some photos of the shaft weight and length comparison.

IMG_3894.jpg
Ping Alta, Tensei Orange, Steadfast

IMG_3895.jpg
Ping Alta CB

IMG_3896.jpg
Tensei Orange

IMG_3897.jpg
Steadfast

So I've had two rounds with it. I normally have a right miss and definitely fight a fade with often turns into a big slice. With this shaft, the only time I missed right was when I tried to absolutely kill the ball. I was excited! So after my first round, I went and had it cut down to play at 44.5" to the end of the grip and put a MCC +4 grip on it. Went out today and hit 6 of my first 9 fairways with my misses being left just off the fairway. Switched to my 3 wood for the next few holes because I'm debating keeping that club in the bag or not. On 17 I grab the driver......and put a good swing on it....ball went about 240ish straight......and the clubhead went about 75 yards left 😐😐😐. I will be emailing @Steadfast Golf after this post and seeing what my options are.

I like that shaft, I really do. It took my right miss away from me. I just wonder if they will allow a return/repair since I've cut it and regripped it. If they don't, I will probably take it to my local shop to have them repair it.

IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

So I've had two rounds with it. I normally have a right miss and definitely fight a fade with often turns into a big slice. With this shaft, the only time I missed right was when I tried to absolutely kill the ball. I was excited! So after my first round, I went and had it cut down to play at 44.5" to the end of the grip and put a MCC +4 grip on it. Went out today and hit 6 of my first 9 fairways with my misses being left just off the fairway. Switched to my 3 wood for the next few holes because I'm debating keeping that club in the bag or not. On 17 I grab the driver......and put a good swing on it....ball went about 240ish straight......and the clubhead went about 75 yards left 😐😐😐. I will be emailing @Steadfast Golf after this post and seeing what my options are.

I like that shaft, I really do. It took my right miss away from me. I just wonder if they will allow a return/repair since I've cut it and regripped it. If they don't, I will probably take it to my local shop to have them repair it.

View attachment 8980779

View attachment 8980777

View attachment 8980778
Yikes!

They said they fixed the shaft quality issues that the OP had, which is good, but every review it appears has an epoxy issue.

View attachment 8980779

View attachment 8980777

View attachment 8980778
Should be a glossy coat on the shaft if enough was applied doesn’t seem to be.

So I've had two rounds with it. I normally have a right miss and definitely fight a fade with often turns into a big slice. With this shaft, the only time I missed right was when I tried to absolutely kill the ball. I was excited! So after my first round, I went and had it cut down to play at 44.5" to the end of the grip and put a MCC +4 grip on it. Went out today and hit 6 of my first 9 fairways with my misses being left just off the fairway. Switched to my 3 wood for the next few holes because I'm debating keeping that club in the bag or not. On 17 I grab the driver......and put a good swing on it....ball went about 240ish straight......and the clubhead went about 75 yards left . I will be emailing @Steadfast Golf after this post and seeing what my options are.

View attachment 8980779

View attachment 8980777

View attachment 8980778
That tip and adapter look as if there isn't much if any epoxy on there. There is almost aways some signs of epoxy on one or the other. It just looks way too clean.

View attachment 8980779

View attachment 8980777

View attachment 8980778
That pretty much seals the deal for me. There is absolutely no way I’d stick a $400+ head on a shaft they assemble. That is really really bad qc. I hope the head wasn’t damaged. And if it was, I hope they reimburse you for it.

I also hope they don’t deny a claim like this as it’s very common place to cut a shaft down to your desired length. Besides that would have no impact on the terrible epoxy

Received two 48” regular blanks to test technical specs on and just finally received the second shaft after they shipped the first one and left the second out. Will post results hopefully by weekends end.

I think there are several quality control issues going on that are hopefully growing pains they learn from. The grips aren’t installed with any rhyme or reason, the adapters aren’t installed properly/with enough epoxy, the lengths don’t play to what they say they will, and I’ll add that I don’t think they are cut to length consistently either...

I decided I was going to cut mine down to 45” playing length in my Cobra head to further experiment. I found the second shaft I received was 45.75” playing length measured on my golfworks club ruler. The previous shaft in the same head came in at 46”. After butt trimming, the 45” with my Z-grip Cord midsize grip resulted in a D2 swing weight which is reasonable and I’m sure a commonly preferred SW. I will probably experiment at D4 and D5. I’ll need to order other weights though.

I also played 9 today and like @Jamstar35, I am really enjoying the performance of the shaft. I technically only hit 3/7 fairways, but 2 were just in the first cut. So that’s 5/7 useful tee shots, and on a day where I was not hitting the ball well (2/9 GIRs).

Looking closely at this tip. It appears to not be a parallel tip. It certainly looks to have a taper to it.
I would be interested to see how that tip measures across at a few spots.
2dd56ece5de094087700a7915d7fd9c0.jpg

That pretty much seals the deal for me. There is absolutely no way I’d stick a $400+ head on a shaft they assemble. That is really really bad qc. I hope the head wasn’t damaged. And if it was, I hope they reimburse you for it.

I also hope they don’t deny a claim like this as it’s very common place to cut a shaft down to your desired length. Besides that would have no impact on the terrible epoxy

Thankfully the head is fine....It landed on a nice patch of grass

I love the concept and hate the markup of some of these shafts out there these days, but epoxy and grip install mistakes are a terrible look.

I love the concept and hate the markup of some of these shafts out there these days, but epoxy and grip install mistakes are a terrible look.

Yeah. And I didnt even care about the grip install because I'm still trying to figure what loft setting is best for me and I'd likely change it anyway. But the epoxy issues are crazy!!

Back