Steel Shaft in Hybrid - Experiences

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

Curious to read thoughts on steel shafts in hybrids?

I have a Cally Apex 20 that I love, but I'm thinking to put a CTaper Lite X or Modus 105 X shaft in it. Anyone try these shafts in a hybrid? Success?

Thank you in advance,
D

I don't have experience with steel shafts in hybrid clubs but I had an eye opening experience a while back. I rented some clubs on vacation at a little course in the middle of nowhere in Arizona, the driver and three wood had steel shafts. They were old school Big Bertha knock offs. I hit those clubs very well with tight dispersion. I have been hitting my driver pretty good lately but when I was struggling a while back the thought entered my head to try a steel shaft in my driver. If you can do the work yourself it would be a inexpensive experiment. Let us know how it works for you.

It's been a while since I had it, I had an old set of hogan cft irons where the 3 and 4 hybrids had steel shafts to match the 5-PW, I loved it personally, it was great to have the constituency within the entire iron set.

Ive put a few in some bore thru callys and the swing weight or feel is really heavy at the same length.

I had KBS tour 90's in my Adams XTD Hybrids and loved them.
I had the same shafts in all my irons and was really happy till I got the Recoils and now i am in heaven.

Back