Stella McCartney for adidas

soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
Stella McCartney has designed different lines for adidas. There is now a golf line as well! It is pricey and I wonder how practical with some of the jackets, but I love the idea of actual fashion in golf wear. Here is the link to check it out:

Stella McCartney for adidas golf

I like the golf core polo and the fitted jacket is fantastic, but I am not sure how practical for swinging. GG, any chance of a review?

We stopped by the adidas outlet on our way home from Rancho Mirage and they had Stella McCartney stuff. I'd say about 2 racks full. They look cute but even at the outlet you'd think they'd be at outlet prices.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I spoke to the awesome people at adidas Golf and got some more info on the Stella line.

"For the true golfer that looks to adidas Golf for athletic performance products and its benefits (moisture wicking, UV15+ protection, anti-microbial, comfort, feel, fit, etc.), this golfer knows adidas Golf makes golf apparel specific for every aspect of a golfers need. Stella is all about fashion and having her name tied to the adidas brand so function may not be what this fashion golf collection is all about. It is all about fashion really and for those true fashion golfers who do not put emphasis in function, then Stella would be a good fit."

If you all would like to see a review on this line just let me know. Adidas Golf said they would be happy to participate.

Thanks GG for getting the info. Looking at the pieces I was wondering if they would really work on the course. Fashion wise they are gorgeous and I like the idea, but I am not sure I could justify the price. I think it would be cool to see a review, but don't do it just for me.

Thanks GG for getting the info. Looking at the pieces I was wondering if they would really work on the course. Fashion wise they are gorgeous and I like the idea, but I am not sure I could justify the price. I think it would be cool to see a review, but don't do it just for me.

I am always up for a review but I am a pretty strong believer that golf clothes should not only look good but be practical for the course as well. I am happy to do a review if you would like one but if not I may pass.

Yeah, I can' see myself wearing it if it won't work on the course, but thanks for checking it out!

For actually playing golf, I could see ladies wearing the sweater and maybe the skirt in a stretch, but the rest just looks to restrictive to swing in. Those "pantaloons" are way beyond my capacity to appreciate. The jacket looks great for hanging in the clubhouse, but not on the course. Of course, being a guy, I am fashion challenged, but am I right, ladies?

For actually playing golf, I could see ladies wearing the sweater and maybe the skirt in a stretch, but the rest just looks to restrictive to swing in. Those "pantaloons" are way beyond my capacity to appreciate. The jacket looks great for hanging in the clubhouse, but not on the course. Of course, being a guy, I am fashion challenged, but am I right, ladies?

i am pretty athletic and find the stella mccartney line to be too fashion oriented. when i'm out playing golf i lean toward traditional looks with modern touches (fabrics, cuts, accessories, etc).

most of those pieces scream 'social'. i would wear most of it off the course in a social setting but doubt i would wear it on the course. maybe the polos. and the cost....meh. PUD owns my closet.

Yeah, I can' see myself wearing it if it won't work on the course, but thanks for checking it out!

No problem. Anytime you have questions on clothing or equipment please let me know I will do everything I can to get the info to you right away. And if it's something we haven't reviewed and you want to see a review on it I will do my best to make that happen as well. :smile:

And I agree I just can't imagine wearing any of that stuff on the course. It's way too hot here in Florida to wear anything besides tech material....no need to show everyone I am sweating if you know what I mean :wink:

Very good assessment there C-Tech. You are more fashion forward then you think.

i am pretty athletic and find the stella mccartney line to be too fashion oriented. when i'm out playing golf i lean toward traditional looks with modern touches (fabrics, cuts, accessories, etc).

most of those pieces scream 'social'. i would wear most of it off the course in a social setting but doubt i would wear it on the course. maybe the polos. and the cost....meh. PUD owns my closet.

I totally agree SD. I will splurge on high quality items but I have to be able to get a lot of use out of it and if I can't wear the clothes both on and off the course then it's not worth it to me.

I agree with you as well C-Tech :good:

Back