Steve Elkingtons Sweet Tour Ride

saw that this morning on Yahoo. yeah that is pretty damn cool. I'd be able to travel in that thing. Kind of jealous he has a washer and dryer haha

I don't even have a washer and dryer in my apartment..

To be fair, the first Tour Van was rather large, had the washer and dryer, etc. We never want that again. But I appreciate the kind words.

That thing was ridiculous. New Tour Van seems like the perfect solution, and looks awesome.

That is a sweet ride!

Yeah I guess parking and getting around would be more of a hassle.

That was cool, the spoils of being one of the best. It seems the old timer really know how to enjoy their lives gained through golf.

That thing is crazy.

Ive seen it on his show "The Rural Golfer" on RFDTV...they even had one episode specifically about it (he calls the rig "the big show). They drive that thing all over the country looking for neat stories in obscure locations. Never knew much about Elk before I started watching the show but I have come to really enjoy it.

I have been a member of his sites for a few years and have followed him for a while. I even have one of his old "Big Blacky" backup drivers at the house. Its one of the Superfast TP drivers that was built for him but was never gamed.

I have one of those. I was thinking of taking it To #THPLegacy , but #TeamDev would rather do condos.

But does Steve drive it himself? If he did, then he would be the ultimate man's man on tour in my book. I could definitely see myself taking up 'shoe cleaning/polishing' as a hobby while drinking high grade scotch in the locker room.

~Rock

That is awesome! Talk about a true Mobile home. I could live in that and not regret it.

but does steve drive it himself? If he did, then he would be the ultimate man's man on tour in my book. I could definitely see myself taking up 'shoe cleaning/polishing' as a hobby while drinking high grade scotch in the locker room, listening to pretentious classical music.

~rock

fify ��

That was pretty cool. Talking about riding in style.

fify ��

Oh this made me laugh. Would it make more funny if I told you that I occasionally go to the symphony?

But really, in that setting, I couldn't just listen to pretentious classical music, I would have to listen to it on a record player that was built into a custom made mahogany cabinet. Vinyl ftw.

~Rock

Now he can set up next to JD at Augusta and sell t-shirts to pay for it.......:beat-up:

That is awesome. I've seen many different concept haulers and that one is up there with the best of them.

very cool...i would like to have something like that maybe for my retirement..drive around play some golf see some cool places around the country.

But does Steve drive it himself? If he did, then he would be the ultimate man's man on tour in my book. I could definitely see myself taking up 'shoe cleaning/polishing' as a hobby while drinking high grade scotch in the locker room.

~Rock

He does not drive it himself. He has a guy hired who used to be a roadie/truck driver for some big time rock band. The guys job is to orchestrate parking arrangements ahead of time, get it to the site, get it leveled, set it up, slide outs positioned, tents/canopies up, keep it clean and stocked, etc....then tear it down and take it to the next stop and do it all over again. It is basically a full time job for the guy. Once the rig parks on the site it takes something like 6-9 hours to get it set up and ready to use, but it only takes about 2-3 hours to tear it all down and ready to leave.

That thing is pretty sick, wonder where he parks it? Wonder if he joins in with the tour vans

Back