Stewart Golf - Q Follow Cart Review

At the range today, and hand controlled the cart down to the range from the parking lot....about 200 yards mostly downhill.
First, unfolded the cart...easy and placed my sun mountain cart bag in place...perfect fit and holds in place very tight without slipping.
At the range tried the cart in remote and it worked perfect in all directions and speeds.
Also, placed the remote off my back pocket and walked around the range with my cart caddie following me everywhere I went....lol. Worked very well with no jerking like I had noticed with my X9...prior e-cart.

Then used it in follow mode as I walked back uphill to my truck in the lot and the cart stuck right behind about 8 feet like a dedicated caddie...no loss of connection with bluetooth.
In all I cannot find fault with it...works as advertised.
Checked the battery with the app...used 3%...down to 97%.

5 stars

Sent from my Note 9
Sounds like a great maiden voyage.

Hi all, my first post, found you searching for a solution to my mates new M7 with bad steering issues with winter hedgehog wheels on.

Any chance of this thread being changed to a general “Stewart golf” thread please?

I’ve had the Stewart X follow for nearly 3 years and interested in others experiences.

I was keen to see their latest follow version after the X and was actually disappointed when they announced the Q
stating years of research and customer feedback - I’ve NEVER known them ask for feedback - but not withstanding that -
they still don’t add a charging/connection facility for accessories like smartphone / GPS - so I had to add my own.

Hi Troy,

I've recently purchased a q 10 follow, and noticed a slightly odd ticking / clicking sounds from the motors. It might be "normal" but I just wanted to contact another other who had this trolley and see if they have the same sounds, as it's an expensive purchase (family all clubbed together for my 40th for some golf stuff... went for the trolley instead of new clubs!)

Hopefully I'm just being paranoid about the sounds!

Hi mrbriz, had my Q follow for about 2 months now after my X9 follow for last 4 years.

My Q follow is actually quite quiet, on the fairway I occasionally have to look around to check it’s still there 😉

just listened to your video - that is deffo not correct. What’s interesting is that they are 2 individual drive motors!

i suspect initially that the wheels may not be full on correctly so check that first by removing and back, see below

Then Worth trying this,
check for any debris trapped that is rubbing on a wheel (I had this)
Support the trolly eg on a bench or stool and remove the rear wheels then run the motors naked
Then Only add ONE WHEEL at a time
Swap rear wheels from one side to the other
Try it in reverse drive

all in all try those permutations to see if you can eliminate or identify what and where
any ticking noise is coming from.

tip: if you get a large screwdriver or small stick you can hold one end against your forehead
and the other end on a part of the trolly to locate the noise even better
(Old engine mechanics trick)

let us know 👍

Last edited:
Morning Grasmere,

Thanks for the video. It confirms my suspicions that I'm not just hearing things :)

I did what you had said yesterday, checking for debris (there was none), running without the wheels on, running with one wheel at a time. None of this made a difference and the ticking sound was still there. Unfortunately I wasn't able to directly locate the ticking.

Do you mind if I send your video to Stewart Golf, along with the one I took this morning? (tried to do it from roughly the same position so they have something to compare)

The ticking on mine isn't so bad in reverse, but it's still there (the last 5 seconds of the video I put it in reverse)

I'd contacted Stewart Golf yesterday, and the woman on the phone asked for a video, which she would send to the technicians. I believe the woman who took my call is the same woman who responded (Deborah Westlake, one of their customer service representatives)

I sent the video I posted yesterday and I got the following response

1651738981627.png

Based on Deborah's response it sounds like she hadn't send the video to the technicians as she used "I" rather than "they" or "the technicians".

I decided to respond with the following
Hi Deb,

Just to confirm, did the technicians confirm that the sound is expected? I've now spoken to another Q10 follow owner and he confirmed his motors do not sound like this.

Hopefully I don't come across as an arse trying to force this to the technicians, but I also don't think asking from something this expensive to be perfect and without defects is wrong.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings... thankfully I can't currently play golf as I bust my back last Friday (whilst playing golf!)

Wow…that is noisy! My friend has a remote X7 that is 10 years old and is is significantly quieter, I would say guessing 10% of the noise your is giving off. Something is not quite right, I hope Stewart come through for you. Have you maybe taken to an authorized Stewart dealer and repair depot. They typically would also handle any warranty claims as well. Good luck.

Hi Jimmy,

I just had another response from Stewart Golf this morning saying this....

1651741269986.png

Hopefully Grasmere is OK with me using his video so I can send them a comparison.

I'm not sure how they can't hear the issue!

I'm in the UK so I might take a drive over to them. They are about 2 hours from where I am, so I'll make a weekend of it and go play some golf near them :) Just have to leave it until my back is no longer giving me pain... hopefully by next week

Good luck with your visit and hope back gets better quickly. You would have to be stone deaf not to hear that….jeepers! Make sure they put your cart running beside a new one and run simultaneously.

My thoughts exactly. I think this is the customer service team trying to shield the technical team from having to deal with customers, but I think in this case they would be wrong, and should be deferring to the technical team :)

Hi, yes of course use my video, no problem.
I agree totally with your suspicions about the noise and their initial analysis- ie none!

I have never found their customer service to be particularly helpful or appreciative of any comments so that’s your starting point!

as an aside - have you had problems with getting the battery out - I have to use a strap to pull it up even after their suggested mod to cut away some plastic around the release clip?
Ian

Hi Ian,

Yes, it's a fiddle to get the battery out. I have to push fairly hard on the release button with three fingers (sometimes it seems really stiff, sometimes a soft press with one finger works), then try and yank it out with the fingers that are pressing the button, of use the other hand if it's stiff. It's a very snug fit. Not sure if it will loosen up over time, I've only used the trolley 4 times. I guess give it a few years of use and it might ease up.

I'll send both videos now and update when I get a response. As I said, worse case and I don't get the response I feel is correct I'll take a trip to their workshop and see if they can run it along-side a new one.

Fingers crossed they hear the difference between the two videos.

Good luck 🤞

I’ll send a pic later of the battery mod they told me to do, plus the one they didn’t suggest and of my strap - nearly ripped my nails out on one occasion 🤔😊

I did the exact same thing the first time I tried to remove the battery, and I have tried to be more careful since, but sods law I'll forget at some point and curse myself!

Aside from the issues I think it's a fantastic trolley for those who can afford it. I would recommend it over getting a new set of clubs for the golfer who just wants to relax and have fun. Even though I've only used it a handful of times, I can already feel how it makes the game of golf feel more relaxing.

I love sending it off to the next tee box, or bringing it to me when I've been hunting for my ball and found it 50 yards away from where I left the trolley (well I am a hacker, god knows where the ball is going to go!).

Totally true with all that, I do love it, makes golf so much more of a pleasure than people realise, my X9 follow was great and looked more futuristic and eye catching but this one fits in my car better 😊

If you do visit them might be worth discussing the battery issue whilst there!

I'll make sure I mention it to them if I take a trip down there. I'm guessing there wasn't that battery issue on the X9? I believe (if I'm remembering correctly what I've seen) the X9 and X10 have battery leads rather than clicking directly in, therefore this is only an issue with the Q10 because of the new design?

Correct, the X9 battery Sat in a tray with flying leads, the Q is quite different.

Latest response.

1651759576141.png

Thanks for the video Ian, it was helpful to get them to actually hear the problem (even though I thought it was obvious)

Hopefully they get this sorted promptly and I won't be without it for to long. Looks like I won't have to take a trip there after all.

They are collecting it tomorrow :)

Hopefully I'll have it back soon.

Good news James, excellent.
Re battery, ask them to ‘really’ make sure it’s ok whilst they’ve got it👍

if you’ve not had it long and only used it 4 times, worth asking just for a straight replacement!

Last edited:
Ian,

I did mention to the support team about a straight replacement, and they said to do that I would have to return the trolley, they'd have to process the refund then I'd have to re-purchase. Bit frustrating, and I cannot be bothered to go down this route or argue that they should just send out a new one (which could have this same problem if I'm unlucky).

I'll just patiently wait. Gives my back a change to recover, which isn't a bad thing.

Trolley has been sent off with DPD. Hopefully they should receive it on Monday, and then the technicians should look at it at some point next week.

Well nice try, see what I mean about ‘true’ customer service and loyalty!
Stewart have NO idea what it means🥺

Indeed. If this was Apple or Microsoft and one of their flagship products they usually just replace it on the spot (sometimes with a refurbished unit, depends on how old the product is), especially if it's brand new.

That's fine. I understand why they might not want to do that. They aren't exactly a big company, but the custom service could be better.

That all said, thankfully for Stewart Golf the product is good enough for me to put up with the less that stellar customer service.

Back