Stewart Scott's Jimmy V ESPYS Speech

drp3434

I'm either golfing or wishing I was golfing
Reaction score
Handicap
I wasn't sure if someone posted this somewhere, I couldn't find it, but I thought it deserved a thread. Most probably know who Stewart Scott is, and most probably know that he's fighting cancer. The ESPYS were last night and he was given the Jimmy V Award. His speech was pretty powerful. Not gonna lie that it made me tear up, especially when he gets to talking about his kids. It's terrible what this disease can do to people. If you've watched ESPN, you can see how different he looks. Think it's worth a watch.

I think this is the clip he eludes to in his speech.

Can't figure out how to get the video to embed in the thread...

Watched it last night. It was really really good.

Happened to catch that part last night. Love seeing how his daughters are truly the center of his universe

Caught the speech and it was a great one.

Wow, inspiring message!

His speech was really really good. Drake totally ruined the rest of the show, not funny, not talented, by far the worst host ever. A mime would have done a better job.

Man, what a great speech. When he started talking about his kids I lost it a little, not gonna lie.

Great speech, I felt like he was saying goodbye. I hope not but it felt that way.

Missed this last night so thanks for sharing. Really puts things in perspective.

Great speech, I felt like he was saying goodbye. I hope not but it felt that way.
Didn't think about that, but now that you mention it, it does seem that way a little. Definitely hope that's not the case.

Thanks for posting that. It's a perspective that hits home for sure.

Watched it last night. A great speech by a fantastic guy.

Thanks for the link. Very good video and good on Stu. He's a fighter for sure.

That was incredible, I have so much thought and emotion going through me right now it's not imaginable. I had no idea he was battling cancer, keep fighting the good fight Stewart.

Terrific speech...I have always been a fan of his, but what an incredible, inspirational battle he is fighting. I sincerely hope that this was not a "goodbye" speech as some suggested. Also, if you have never watched the Jimmy V speech given at the ESPYS 21 years ago, do yourself a favor and look it up, and be sure to have some tissues handy.

I missed this last night, so thanks for posting. Inspirational speech from an inspirational man. I've read quite a bit recently about his condition and what he's gone through has been incredible. His love for his daughters and his will to fight for them is also incredible.

That got the tears flowing. The looks on his daughter's face and then the hug.

I lost my dad to cancer when I was in college. Cancer sucks.

Great speech. Fight on Stu.

I saw it last night. Awesome stuff. Dude is a solid golfer too, if I remember correctly. Love watching him on SC and hope he wins his battle.

Just saw this and I need to call the cleaning crew bc there is entirely TOO much dust in this office. Love what Stu brought to ESPN and SC in particular. As a dad of two girls his words hit home. I hope he wins this fight.

This brought me to tears as I sit here at my desk at work. Stuart feels like a brother to me as I feel I spent every morning or night with him through my teenage years and in college. You hear his voice and you know that SC is about to happen.

Awesome speech which is made even more awesome'er when you know what he is going through and the family. Both my mom and dad are fighting this fight right now and I often have to fight the fight for them and gladly do so.

Remember that every day is a blessing to get to spend with those you love and make the most of it.

Man, it didn't get dusty real quick, that was a touching and heart felt speech that made anyone who can empathize with him shed a few tears. Like Freddie said, it almost felt like a good bye of sorts and I certainly hope that is not the case. He is very, very inspirational. Give him a follow on twitter, it'll make you rethink things. Keep fighting Stu, don't ever give up.

Thanks for posting as I missed it. Just a fantastic speech by an inspirational guy.

Back