Still good to get used Callaway X-14pro iron set?

Terence

Reaction score
Hi,
Not sure, if it is still okay to get used set like Callaway X-14pro, which was released around 2001 I guess.
Which set would generally be better Callaway X-14pro or Callaway X-16?
Would you recommend to get a set from first-tire brand, but it is older like 2000's, or would you recommend to get a set that is newer, but the brand is little bit lower-tire?

Thank you so much!

Welcome to THP. I’m sure if you gave us a budget and the type of irons you are considering someone would have a suggestion.

I think it all depends on your budget and your goals. If the person is a new golfer and has limited funds then spending them on an older set in good shape that fits their height and swing speed, the older Callaway irons are pretty decent.

My daughter has played since HS (total now of about 10 years) somewhat serious at times and not so much at other times. She still uses (I think) Callaway Hawkeye Gems (ladies) irons. She loves them, hits the ball long straight and pretty well - given how often she plays (not too often). She did get a major upgrade to her driver - and the difference in one round's use - without any range time was really incredible.

Hmmm, maybe look for a newer driver and some good condition game improvement irons - but again, right shaft (flex) and proper length for you.

Good luck and welcome.

I can almost guarantee you that whatever you're spending on those, you can find a set that was released within the last 5 years or so for the exact same price.

I played with a set of those for 12 years (2002-2014). Father time caught up with me and the DG S300 shafts as I might still be playing with them. Best cast irons Callaway ever made IMHO.

Reactions: Ooo
I think it all depends on your budget and your goals. If the person is a new golfer and has limited funds then spending them on an older set in good shape that fits their height and swing speed, the older Callaway irons are pretty decent.

My daughter has played since HS (total now of about 10 years) somewhat serious at times and not so much at other times. She still uses (I think) Callaway Hawkeye Gems (ladies) irons. She loves them, hits the ball long straight and pretty well - given how often she plays (not too often). She did get a major upgrade to her driver - and the difference in one round's use - without any range time was really incredible.

Hmmm, maybe look for a newer driver and some good condition game improvement irons - but again, right shaft (flex) and proper length for you.

Good luck and welcome.
Thank you for your reply and your suggestion. It's really helpful. I think I will reconsider them.

I can almost guarantee you that whatever you're spending on those, you can find a set that was released within the last 5 years or so for the exact same price.
Thank you so much. I guess I need to browse the market a little bit more before buying them.

Back