Still Thinking Old School ( and welcome to the new millennium )

Knot Right

Reaction score
I need to crawl out of the 1990's mindset and get into the new millennium with club making.

I ordered lead powder & corks last week because I was stuck in my old ways for swing weighting without giving thought to how convenient tip weights are. After giving it some thought, I could set a tip weight on the hosel to find the balance instead of the old paper clip and ketchup cup method I used for years.

It might sound minor, but another nice thing about tip weights is not having corks work loose over time.

Another nice surprise that I stumbled across this week is some of the modern cord grips. I always played without a glove and the older versions of cord grips used to tear up my hands pretty bad back when I still hit a lot of balls. GraniteRoost sent me a set of Hogan's this week with Lamkin UTx cord grips that are just incredible. I'm considering ordering a set of these in midsize to install in the set of TM 320's

Any other new stuff out there for this old school club making hobbyist to catch up on guys?

So much new. Even the larger things like digital swing weight scales make things super easy.

GraniteRoost sent me a set of Hogan's this week with Lamkin UTx cord grips that are just incredible.

Not tovget off topic, but You will find that the rubber on the UTx seems to really hold the oil/dirt/sweat from your hands and will feel quite slick. Give them a quick scrub with warm water and dish soap and they get very tacky again. I notice it much more with lamkin than golf pride.

I also find the newer grip tapes to have better quality paper and are easier to remove when regripping. I can usually get it off in one piece vs the million little scraps i had seen in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back