Stock Market & Retirement Planning

Pretty much all of those companies are in my area. Not sure about Amazon but they sure are expanding and buying large chunks of land here. I work for one of them. I’ve been buying as of late.

My wife worked for one of them from 2000 until November of 2017. We had a home in Los Gatos.

My wife worked for one of them from 2000 until November of 2017. We had a home in Los Gatos.
I’d guess but it’s impossible as they all have a huge presence, well Amazon And Tesla weren’t around. I’m staying to finish my career, than I’m out of this state. ;)

XOM getting delisted from the Dow today was a pretty big shock. Little concerned that the high performers are all lumped in the tech industry. While I get it, the risk of valuation outperforming the underlying actuals again like the late 90s is real. the FAANGs have great and sustainable business models. Some of the new entrants I'm seeing... it feels a lot like the 90s

XOM getting delisted from the Dow today was a pretty big shock. Little concerned that the high performers are all lumped in the tech industry. While I get it, the risk of valuation outperforming the underlying actuals again like the late 90s is real. the FAANGs have great and sustainable business models. Some of the new entrants I'm seeing... it feels a lot like the 90s

Except these FAANGs can generate tremendous FCF. They are far more sound financially than any tech cos in the 90s bubble.

Now, TSLA on the other hand...

AAPL looking strong after the split.

NVDA is also on a tear. Last three trading days...+$20, +$9, and currently up $15. Sitting at $550 today and was around $180 in March.

NVDA is also on a tear. Last three trading days...+$20, +$9, and currently up $15. Sitting at $550 today and was around $180 in March.

Yeah, salt in the wound. My kid tried to get me to buy a call on NVDA back in Feb/Mar. I could be a millionaire now. o_O

The Black Watch! ok sorry, back on topic....

Even rumors of a split with them.

Yeah, salt in the wound. My kid tried to get me to buy a call on NVDA back in Feb/Mar. I could be a millionaire now. o_O
Year 2000: I bought Microsoft (still have the shares) instead of Apple. Woulda, coulda, shoulda! I’d be retired and have a plus index right now. Ok, that’s a stretch.

Even rumors of a split with them.
The split philosophy is interesting. In the 90s, splits were popular when shares neared $100. Rationale was retail investors would buy. Apple and Berkshire were some of the companies who adopted a higher share price stance. They wanted price stability via institution investors. Do you think the trend is changing with respect to splits?

The split philosophy is interesting. In the 90s, splits were popular when shares neared $100. Rationale was retail investors would buy. Apple and Berkshire were some of the companies who adopted a higher share price stance. They wanted price stability via institution investors. Do you think the trend is changing with respect to splits?

I don't but I think AAPL has made some brands take notice. The one that needs to split is Amazon. Younger investors just cannot afford to jump in at that price, minus fractional ownership and it could make the brand soar...considering they dont pay a dividend.

I remember the days when IBM was over $200 a share and waited for it to split.
Speaking of which, I think $NKE split last time when it got over $100.
Let's split that bad boy!

I can't imagine with Nike losing as much money as they did that a split could be coming. Down nearly 40% doesnt bode well and with their current messaging being firmly entrenched, I am not sure how they pull out of it.

I bought some TSLA in early August and sold it at closing yesterday at a little over $1k/share profit (pre-split basis). Realized profits are a good thing in a tax-deferred account. I love it when a plan comes together.

I bought some TSLA in early August and sold it at closing yesterday at a little over $1k/share profit (pre-split basis). Realized profits are a good thing in a tax-deferred account. I love it when a plan comes together.

Sure looking like that was the right move. I'm not sure how high TSLA can go before it's gotta correct. Of course, I've said that before... about TSLA and other stuff.

What goes up, (usually) must come down! NVDA's tear hit the pause button today. Down $50 at the moment. This is actually good news for the buy & hold crowd. A big correction was inevitable.

What goes up, (usually) must come down! NVDA's tear hit the pause button today. Down $50 at the moment. This is actually good news for the buy & hold crowd. A big correction was inevitable.
AAPL took a big hit today, too.

Last edited:
AAPL took a big hit today, too.

Apple stock is ripe for a pullback with it’s P/E ratio way higher than it has ever been. It’s P/E has mostly hovered in the teens the last two decades since I’ve been following (and trading) the stock and it is now in the mid 30’s. I’ll never understand the stock market and how it values stocks, lol. Apple has tripled in price since January of 2019, a nearly impossible rise in price for a such a large CAP stock. I’m shocked that it reached $2 Trillion in value so quickly.

D30F9E2A-E10E-462A-8BE9-2032D7961E3D.jpeg

I am slowly building funds in my roth IRA. It has to hit $2500 before I can actually start buying stocks. I have no idea what I am doing lol! But I have time to figure it out. Should be ready in about 10 weeks

Nice quarter by $NKE. Had to sell some into Strength. Discipline over Convection

Back