Stock Market & Retirement Planning

I took my lesson and shifted positions on all of these meme stocks, and made back all but $200 in losses since, which I am further filling with crypto day trading. This has been an interesting week and I would have loved to see what would have happened if restrictions would not have been placed. But such is life, so I go on my road.

BB is and was all I had. There is some pretty decent content off the beaten path.

ALPP was huge for me this week and I am expecting it to continue climbing before being uplisted. That purchase was driven by DD I found on Reddit.

Sold my BB when it hit $12.50 today. Ended up with a small loss and learned my lesson. Still sitting on 15 shares of AMC but I'm going down with the ship on that one as it's only worth $100 right now.

Anybody look at getting into Bitcoin through an ETF such as GBTC (Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (BTC))?

Anybody look at getting into Bitcoin through an ETF such as GBTC (Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (BTC))?

I purchased a "fun" amount ($600) of that fund a couple years back in my Fidelity Roth IRA. It was down then up nicely now. Not sure how closely it parallels the coin itself but it seemed less risky than losing my password and I should benefit from the Roth setup. No complaints.

Anyone invested in any marijuana stocks right now? They are 🔥

Oooh yeah Sundial and a new penny stock CBGL
I have some company called Organigram OGI & Slang Worldwide SLGWF. Been a nice ride. Bought both at a bit higher than they are now, but kept buying more as they both went down. Organigram was down around $1 and is now at $4ish. Slang was down around $.10 and is now around $.50. The payoff should be real nice if the federal government takes marijuana off the controlled substance list. People that got in after me are already doing nice, but you can't time the market.

I have some company called Organigram OGI & Slang Worldwide SLGWF. Been a nice ride. Bought both at a bit higher than they are now, but kept buying more as they both went down. Organigram was down around $1 and is now at $4ish. Slang was down around $.10 and is now around $.50. The payoff should be real nice if the federal government takes marijuana off the controlled substance list. People that got in after me are already doing nice, but you can't time the market.
Yeah for sure this all could really take off. I'm up $100 on SNDL (200 shares) and $20 on CBGL (740 shares), but hoping for a decent increase and lock in some profits

EV market looks to be doing quite well as well ... its a hippie investors wet dream

Anyone invested in any marijuana stocks right now? They are 🔥

Bought some Sundial today, too. :cool:

However my Dogecoin that I reinvested in yesterday, is down today. I bought in a .021 and got out at .056 making a good return. Then got back in at .041 and then bought more at .075. They're still strong on that though, so we'll see. I think I'm going to hold on that one for a while.

Sundial up 63% today (was 90 at a point). New legislation and WSB backing, taking this one for a ride

Edit now up 190%

Picked up APHA also (another Canadian cannabis) will be merging with a company (tilray) for distribution in England i think, and also get shares of the new company. It had a nice bump today but keep a look out for a dip tomorrow for anyone else looking to get in.. I'm in at $25

Last edited:
Sundial up 63% today (was 90 at a point). New legislation and WSB backing, taking this one for a ride

Edit now up 190%

Picked up APHA also (another Canadian cannabis) will be merging with a company (tilray) for distribution in England i think, and also get shares of the new company. It had a nice bump today but keep a look out for a dip tomorrow for anyone else looking to get in.. I'm in at $25

I am going to see how we go in pre-market but may otherwise look to take profits tomorrow.

Finding it difficult to find the sweet spot between the merger + US federal legalization speculation vs. pure Reddit momentum.

I am going to see how we go in pre-market but may otherwise look to take profits tomorrow.

Finding it difficult to find the sweet spot between the merger + US federal legalization speculation vs. pure Reddit momentum.
I think pre market we'll see some more climbing but I don't see this momentum stopping anytime time soon, but maybe a little leveling off but a slower climb.. I set my alerts for any 10% decrease, but with other CAN stocks trading at 20-30$ this could get that high (hehehe) as well

Does anyone else here subscribe to a website that offers financial advice? I’ve been a Motley Fool Stock Advisor subscriber since 2005 and they don’t have a crystal ball but have certainly improved my understanding of the market and how to identify winning stocks often much earlier than I would have on my own. Their email offers to upgrade to their more expensive services are a little annoying but I still like the Stock Advisor service for how inexpensive it is. FWIW, I’m not a trader and often hold onto stocks for 5+ years or sometimes much longer.

Does anyone else here subscribe to a website that offers financial advice? I’ve been a Motley Fool Stock Advisor subscriber since 2005 and they don’t have a crystal ball but have certainly improved my understanding of the market and how to identify winning stocks often much earlier than I would have on my own. Their email offers to upgrade to their more expensive services are a little annoying but I still like the Stock Advisor service for how inexpensive it is. FWIW, I’m not a trader and often hold onto stocks for 5+ years or sometimes much longer.
I'm not much of an investor but wanting to start learning, I see the Motley Fool stuff all the time, would you say its worth it for someone wanting to learn?

I'm not much of an investor but wanting to start learning, I see the Motley Fool stuff all the time, would you say its worth it for someone wanting to learn?

Yes and I’m pretty sure they have a trial where you can cancel in the first month. It costs $99 per year and for me it’s been well worth it. They offer much more expensive services that I’ve never tried but their Stock Advisor has helped me identify and buy some big growth stocks such as Netflix much earlier than I would have on my own.

I think pre market we'll see some more climbing but I don't see this momentum stopping anytime time soon, but maybe a little leveling off but a slower climb.. I set my alerts for any 10% decrease, but with other CAN stocks trading at 20-30$ this could get that high (hehehe) as well

Pre market not looking great and it seems as though big money entered TLRY yesterday and that is alarming to me.

My opinion - the momentum started with news of the TLRY & AHPA merger, then gained (likely unwarranted) traction upon US legalization speculation, which fueled the volumes we are seeing push this thing up a hill over the past ~48 hours. A lot of folks are not realizing that if you're betting on US legalization you should be focusing on MSOs. This feels like a bubble and I hate what I am seeing pre market.

*Insert controversial opinion here*

You can learn on Reddit if you are able to filter through the memes, emojis, and shitposting.

I have had a number of them, but when learning I much preferred Jim Cramer's paid service to theirs. Better explanations overall about what is happening and why, rather than the assumption of one knowing. I don't have either anymore, but when learning I preferred Cramer's.

You can learn on Reddit if you are able to filter through the memes, emojis, and shitposting.
I'm sure there are many ways to learn, I know fool.com has been around for quite some time so they must be decent at what they do. I don't anyone who actually used it before though, thats the reason I asked.

I did subscribe to Zacks and I really liked - Very "Down to Earth" and used it quite a bit while I was "Building Wealth"
Just signed up for the Weekday and Weekend Wisdom Newsletter.

I have had a number of them, but when learning I much preferred Jim Cramer's paid service to theirs. Better explanations overall about what is happening and why, rather than the assumption of one knowing. I don't have either anymore, but when learning I preferred Cramer's.

I’d agree that Jim Cramer’s site is better if you are starting from scratch and I was a subscriber about 15 years ago for a couple of years. I’d also recommend books to educate yourself and here are a couple of my favorites.

DF158702-72C8-4B8E-B010-57DAF38F2507.jpegC2C6AB1C-7C6B-4F80-919B-463785B7BEC2.jpeg

Can't help but feel like Cramer is starting to see crowdsourcing render his business model obsolete.

All he does as of late is spend his air time bashing Reddit and other similar platforms. I personally find it unamusing and lazy.

Can't help but feel like Cramer is starting to see crowdsourcing render his business model obsolete.

All he does as of late is spend his air time bashing Reddit and other similar platforms. I personally find it unamusing and lazy.

He’s been hard for me to watch more than once a month for quite some time now, lol.

Pre market not looking great and it seems as though big money entered TLRY yesterday and that is alarming to me.

My opinion - the momentum started with news of the TLRY & AHPA merger, then gained (likely unwarranted) traction upon US legalization speculation, which fueled the volumes we are seeing push this thing up a hill over the past ~48 hours. A lot of folks are not realizing that if you're betting on US legalization you should be focusing on MSOs. This feels like a bubble and I hate what I am seeing pre market.

Long day ahead but I sold all TLRY, APHA, and ACB positions as soon as the market opened and still went from a 43% unrealized gain to 16% realized. I'll never complain when I am making money but that was a steep pull back.

Back